Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Supplements-Vitamin & Minerals

I am using Calcium Citrate Chewy bites from Bariatric Advantage, multi Vitamins chewy for women from GNC, B-12 sublingual from GNC, Gentle Iron so I dont get constipated, Flaxseed Oil 1400 mg daily, Fiber gummies, weekly Vitamin D from my surgeon, Benefiber daily, and stool softener. Thats my regiment daily. Had my blood work done a few weeks back and I am low in Iron and low in Vit D.

As a multi Vitamin in use Flinestones Complete chewable. They have a low dosage of Iron in them and recommended by my surgeon.

I use calcium citrate chews and B12 from Celebrate Vitamins.< /p>

Vitamin D3 and Ultimate Omega 3 from Nordic Vitamins.< /p>

I also use Biotin chewable from TwinLabs.

I use Flinstone's Complete chewables, Nature Made Vitamin D (soft gells), sublingual B12 from Walmart, and now CitraCal Petities, but for the first three months post surgery I used the chocolate chews from Celebrate. All were at the recommendation of my clinic. The chocolate chews were expensive, but we were only required to take our Calcium that way for the first three months.

My clinic makes a point of trying to recommend affordable choices that work well. I just celebrated my one year surgerversary and had my check up - blood work was perfect. I know that the Vitamins are important to keeping me healthy and I want something that I can easily stick with for the rest of my life.

Carol

I got the liquid Calcium from Vitamin Shoppe- nasty, pastey. ordered calcium chews chocolate from Celebrate-Yum. Just found the same thing at costco and I like them better and they are tastier!

multi vit gummies, d3, fishoil all from costco

chewable Iron is the only thing I can't find at Costco. . First blood work was normal.

Hi!!

When did you all start taking them?

Hi!! When did you all start taking them?

The day I got home from the hospital. Except for Iron that is...

My doctor didn't have me start back on Vitamins until after my first follow up with him -- 11 days.

I use powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury brand - opurity. I take their chewable multi in the morning and then 2 of the calcium citrate chewables at night. I take B-12 and Biotin sublinguals from Vitamin Shoppe. I'm going to the NUT's office to day to get some of the soft-chew calcium citrate. I really don't like chewing two of those big whopping tablets a night.

I have found it's better not to breathe through your mouth while chewing the tablets... I breathe in the dust sometimes while I'm chewing and it nearly chokes me. I'll be glad when I can go back to swallowing tablets because the Iron in these keeps me constipated. I normally take a multi with no Iron.< /p>

SparklingBeauty53 the ones from costco of the calcium chews or not calcium citrate. They are different and are not what you want as a supplement.

Please look at the label of info on the back and you'll see what I'm saying is true.

I know this because showed them to the surgeons office and they told me so.

Just thought I tell you. Sorry.

there are 2 kinds of calciums....one is calcium citrate and the second one is Calcium carbonate. Our bodies only absorbs calcium citrate. So best to get calcium citrate.

The ASMBS recommends that you take the following supplements to prevent nutritional deficiencies after recovery from RYGB surgery:

• Daily Vitamin D and Calcium supplements. Vitamin D deficiency is common in people who have had this kind of gastric bypass. Multivitamins containing 1,200 mg of daily calcium and 400 to 800 IU of Vitamin D don't appear to provide enough protection for bone health, studies suggest. Some experts have had success stopping bone loss by increasing Vitamin D intake to 1,600 to 2,000 IU daily. Additional calcium supplementation of 1,600 mg daily is also suggested.

Multivitamins. You should take a daily Multivitamin that contains 200 percent of the daily values. Wait two hours to take a calcium supplement after your Multivitamin.< /p>

• Vitamin B12 supplements. Doctors recommend vitamin B12 supplementation for all weight-loss surgery patients to help prevent bone fractures. You may need to give yourself B12 injections for the rest of your life.

• Oral vitamin D supplementation if a deficiency is detected. Your doctor may prescribe 50,000 IU of vitamin D2 taken orally once a week for eight weeks; some people require lifelong vitamin D supplementation.

Iron supplements. Research suggests that after surgery, the amount of Iron contained in a standard multivitamin may not be enough to prevent anemia. Teens and menstruating women may require the amount of iron found in two multivitamins, along with 50 to 100 mg of elemental iron a day. The ASMBS also recommends supplemental Vitamin C, among other supplements, to make it easier for the body to absorb iron. You should check with your doctor for the recommended dose for you.

I buy all my Vitamins from Vita4Life. After having tried Bariatric Advantage but personally hated it as it always made me nauseous. I consulted a nut who advised me to change to Vita4Life and have had no complaints yet. My labs also returned good.