Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HEY, JUNE BANDERS! HOW ARE YA FEELIN'?

Crystal76...

Wow! You poor thing! I hate hearing people suffering with things having gone thru this to make their lives better! Hate it!

So far, is the one cc going ok for you? My surgeon doesn't even put any primary Fluid in, leaves the bands completely empty when he places them. I was banded on June 12, and I won't get my first fill for another two weeks. From what I've read, it seems a lot of people have issues that have Fluid in right away. I could be wrong about that, but what I've seen, it's been common.

I hope you get relief soon!

I'm a sipper. I have to or I can't eat. Just won't go down. Hasn't been a problem for me yet. Its actually been difficult to get in calorie. The only thing I fear about getting a fill is not being able to drink the way that I can now.

Crystal! Hang in there, girl...keep up the positive attitude, it should work itself out.

I was able to eat chicken stew last night...it was sooo good! So my swelling is going down. With my fill, I am tighter in the mornings...slightly tight by lunch..not tight at all during dinner. I feel like I'm doing better with it now. Just had to baby it a bit the last couple days. I'm thinking my body will always swell the worst about 5 days out from any fill. I know next time to stay on mushies or liquids just a few days longer. Oddly, I can still gulp...just not as much as before.

I had more Fluid put in than most at surgery (5 cc)...I am really glad my surgeon decided to go that route...I have not had stalls due to the instant restriction. Its been a slow and steady loss ever since. I was told I may only need one more fill at the most..or I could very well be solidly in the green zone with this first fill (once it settles down). I can say, the less they have to mess with it,,,the better! Swelling and Protein shakes are both horrible... lol. It is all individual...some are more sensitive than others...some people never need a fill, and the band itself is enough. It all depends on the person. I now think all the questions I had to answer about food, and what not, is what helps determine what they do in surgery. Apparently I needed restriction right away...I'm not sure if that's good or bad! haha

Hoping you feel better soon.

Crystal76 - that is 7lbs a week - that is amazing. Very proud of you. Thanks for the fill update. Very interesting - I go on to solid foods on Thursday - looking forward to it. I am shocked that I have so much energy with how little I am eating! I go on vacation on Saturday - hoping to shed some more lbs before then and then either maintain or lose a little during next week. I have already decided I will allow a little wine back into my life as I wait eagerly every year for this week away. Just happy that I was able to get banded 3 weeks prior to vacation so that I am in a good situation when I go. It is so great to talk to all of you who are June banders!!

I'm with you on the energy...it doesn't make a lot of sense. If I ate this way prior to being banded, I would be exhausted and ill. I have tried a glass of red wine after dinner, but that is all I can really manage...one glass...I'm pretty much a cheap date now! Enjoy your vacation! I bet you will lose while you are away. I have eaten out...and eat so slow, and so little, I have a big container to take home. So make sure where you go has a fridge and microwave..you will probably use it :-)

Happy vacation!

june 11! I was back to work a week after. i work as a receptionist so they said it was fine. I recently started doing zumba and i love it. I've been stuck at a 18 lb weight loss so i hope my fill will change that. I have a little soreness where my port incision is at but not too bad =)

Junebug36 - glad the red wine went down ok. That is what I am planning on having.

Thanks for the vacation wishes - we don't go till Saturday so I'll be around for a few more days.

Hey bbyruth! Was wondering what happened with you! Sounds like you are doing great! Keep us posted on your first fill...I am a week out and finally able to eat real food most of the day.

Wow...I was suppose to be liquids first week and full liquids for 2 more weeks. Wasn't suppose to start puree until Thurs but I cheated a few days early.. Crazy how different drs tell you different phases.

I'm a week out from my first fill....not surgery. I was on liquids for two weeks...then two weeks mushies after surgery :-)

Hey everyone .. I had my surgery June 6 and down 30 lbs. I went for my 2nd fill yesterday and doing great. I'm at 5.5 cc

Going back in couple weeks,

I'm feeling great !!!

That's awesome plopez! Sorry junebug got a little confused for a moment! I have read of people going thru post op phases quickly though.

It is funny how the Doctors do differ with their rules. i finally move from pureed foods to real food tomorrow. i am excited although have to try not to graze - love to take a bite here and there - that is partially how I got into trouble in the first place!!