Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HEY, JUNE BANDERS! HOW ARE YA FEELIN'?

My surgery date was June 12th. Minimal pain to none, some soreness at the incisions, and getting tired of Protein shakes LOL. I'm walking about 2 miles per day, but usually more. The most I've walked in one day was 4.96 miles. I try to walk 1 mile at a time, just around my neighborhood. No fill yet (not until early August). Don't have to be back to work until July 8th, so I'm just trying to relax and enjoy what I can of this Summer! Hope everyone else is doing well!!!

:)

Edited by wonderpooh2u

June 20th here I feel great! Im still a little sore at the incisions but nothing bad. I just started full liquids! My follow up appointment is tuesday where I will have my first weigh in I cant wait. I walk 50 minutes a day on the treadmill which equals 200 calories. I figure thats 1 Protein shake! So far Im loving it!!

23 pounds down, and feeling good so far! Aches every now and then, but nothing horrible. My rings are loose on my fingers..clothes are loose. About to start normal food in a couple days...I am actually bored of mushies, so I can't wait! I can eat about 1 cup- 1 1/2 cups of food at a sitting, and that is it. Averaging 900-1000 calories a day and satisfied (which is what my surgeon wanted). So far its going really well! The toughest part was the pre-diet and the week after surgery.

Hey all

Had my surgery June 6. Getting my first fill tomorrow. I think I'm down 25 lbs...will let y'all know tomorrow.

I am wearing some 12s. Yayyy

I hate exercising but starting Water aerobics tomorrow.

Good luck!!

You are in size 12 already?! Wowzers! Congrats!

I'm still wearing the same size...just looser. I am looking forward to being cleared for all exercise...one more week! Walking in this heat gets old. I have equipment and classes I would rather use inside :-).

You are in size 12 already?! Wowzers! Congrats! I'm still wearing the same size...just looser. I am looking forward to being cleared for all exercise...one more week! Walking in this heat gets old. I have equipment and classes I would rather use inside :-).

yeah I was a tight 16 at 246

I was lucky because I didn't look like I twigged that much but I felt it.

I'm also wearing loose 14s and I'm really starting to tell in my face and clothes.

I'm nervous about the fill tomorrow. Wonder if it hurts ?? I'll let you know total loss tomorrow

No worries on the fill. If you are past 6 weeks surgery, you may not feel anything, or if you do, by the time you count to three, it's over... :-)

I used the indoor mall for walking when it was too hot outside, handy dandy fit bit keeps me motivated and on track. Plus it's kind of fun to see the window displays change and dream of all those tiny clothes you will fit into in about a year! Chase your dream until you catch it!

Thanks Kitt

Surgery was no biggie and I'm worried about a fill. Lol

Sometimes,....it's the little things, right? Really, the most painful part is having to waste time in the "waiting room". lol

Don't get too tired of your Protein shakes- they come in handy- and there are some really great ideas in the prior post! Yummy!

Glad you all are doing good. My surgery was June 16th & I'm dwn 31lbs. I'm miserable! I can't eat or drink! I posted yesterday abt them taking out abt a cc of what they called "primary fluid" Friday (which she said is rare). I feel nauseated, start to gag or dry heave & I'm running a low grade fever (99.4). They called me in some Levsin which is supposed to help with spasms & swelling but this sick feeling is awful! I'm going to call them back tomorrow I guess. I've been reading on here abt ppl eating & drinking & not getting that "stuck" feeling but I can't even take a sip of Water w/o feeling that way. I went almost 5 days like that! I'm really getting discouraged thinking I'm never gonna feel normal again. The thought of food makes me sick. Anybody else have these problems?

My surgery was on June 17th. I am feeling great! My first fill is on July 9th and I am ready for it!!

Hey Crystal76,

So sorry you are so uncomfortable Hun! Stinks!

My own experience was feeling like I couldn't eat or drink, but the last and I mean the last thing my doc wanted to do, was remove the priming Fluid from my newly placed band. Apparently, he was concerned about the discomfort to me if he was poking on the sutures placed to hold the port. He said if there was anyway I could avoid it, to please try. And so I did. He was right, after 5-6 weeks that pain went away. Honestly, once I told him and even though he did not have a reason why, but guessed, I felt better knowing he knew about it. Prior to that, I was imagining every bad thing I could think of. If you can get Water sips down, you should be ok. It's amazing how long we can live off our fat, funny, according to some calculation I read, I could go five months without eating (laugh), although water was a different story. You have to be excited with 31 pounds down, ok, I would have been thrilled beyond belief- I actually gained during my healing time! This is no walk in the park for sure, learning tiny portions and tiny sips instead of belting back the whole 8 ounces in one breath, is new for me. I live in a tropical climate, and drinking a gallon of water a day was pretty normal, prior to the band, now I am limiting outdoor time, because I can't drink enough while working with my horses.

Hope you get the help you need soon!

Wonderpoo2 , sorry to hijack your thread...

Bluesister, I have my first fill on the 9th too! Not sure if I need one, though. My surgeon put 5cc in my band during surgery...it seems to be working.

Crystal, you poor thing!! I had one stuck episode on day 5 with Protein shake...it was so painful, it felt like a heart attack...I can't imagine going that long feeling that way :-(. I was almost swollen shut. I wouldn't feel bad about having Fluid out...let the surgeon do what's best. I really hope they sort it out and you feel better. *hugs*.

No worries, Kitt3000!!!

As for Protein shakes, I found different ones to drink instead of the same old chocolate milk flavor. I went to BariatricChoice.com and found some juice flavors. So far, the cran-grape is the first one I've tried, and it's REALLY good!!! Also, New whey vials, which are 42g of Protein per vial. They are pretty strong to drink straight, but you can add them to Water. The watermelon flavor is ok, fruit punch is a bit 'better' but I'll deal with it for the amount of protein they have! It's just too hot outside for that thick chocolate shake when I'm out and about!

Sorry to those who are having troubles! I hope you're feeling better soon!

<3