Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HEY, JUNE BANDERS! HOW ARE YA FEELIN'?

I was banded June 26th. Still sore at the incision sites, but it's getting better each day. Was ok'd by my NUT to start mushies/pureed yesterday. I was able to eat some cottage cheese, some avocado i mushed up and a little cream of wheat yesterday with no problem. Today, I am nauseous and it's the first time I've felt this way. I'm wondering if it had anything to do with the food I ate yesterday. I had a little sf oatmeal this morning with a some banana cut up in it that i mashed up and chewed good. But now, I don't feel any interest in food at all, actually the thought of it is making my nausea worse. Just trying to figure this whole thing out and be on the losing end. :)

The Vitamins made me that way during liquids and mushies...I can finally stomach them on solids.

Wow - enjoying reading all the info on fellow June banders. I was banded June 28, and feel great. Surgery went without a hitch. Did great first 3 days after surgery. Then had a couple of days where I could barely get the Protein shakes down and would have a couple of hours in the evening where I had the dry heaves (felt like morning sickness!!), then that passed. I'm down about 20 lbs. from 6/20 which I am thrilled about. Hope the momentum keeps up. I do need to introduce exercise back into my life though. Maybe today. Great being able to compare stories with you all. I do need to start keeping a food journal - have always resisted this idea but I do think it is the way to go. Have a good weekend all and keep up the good work!!

I'm doing good..still losing (26 pounds so far). Recieved my first fill, and am pretty darn swollen from it. I'm starting to wonder if I needed that fill..but, the surgeon seemed to think so. Really annoying not being able to get things down smoothly. Ugh. I was on liquids 2 days after the fill.. Then mushies 2 days..now on day 5 (today) I was supposed to be able to eat normal...but, it feels like I'm more swollen today than right after my fill. Can't even do mushies. This happened right after surgery..was swollen worst on day 5. First NSV..I was shopping yesterday, and realized as I was pushing the cart...my pants were literally starting to fall off me! I had to hold them up as I finished my purchases! Same thing happened with stretch pants I use to workout in... Luckily I was at home! I'm so scared to buy new clothes.. When I used to buy clothes after weight loss,prior to the band...I would always seem to instantly gain it back..leaving me with new clothes that I couldn't wear. Old fears are hard to break. At some point I need to, though... Can't walk around with pants falling off! Lol!

My band has no Fluid in it yet . 4 more weeks before I get a fill..So sorry that your feeling so bad. I hope things get better for you!

Very funny Junebug36 - I betcha your pants falling down felt great! Keep up the good work.

It felt good till I realized I had probably shown everyone the color of my underwear as I shopped. Lol! Of course, that's the style now days, right?...hoping people just figured it was a fashion statement instead of a fashion mishap. Setting trends over here...lol!

I'm still struggling with eating...I'm going back on liquids for a few days. Mushies keep getting hung up and kinda hurt to swallow them. I was doing good till yesterday...the attempt at solid foods messed me all up :-(. Now I know why they say the band is a finicky b/$(@. Mine is definitely being that. I really want to take liquid Motrin for it. Not sure it would help, though.

I haven't made it to all solid foods yet so unfortunately can't help you there! The thing I don't like about the band is that you don't know when you are going to have a problem so it is a little scary. I guess that is what keeps up on the right path at times though. That's why I'm a little nervous for the first fill. I don't get it till the last week of July so not really thinking about it yet.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Oh, junebug! I wouldn't know what to do if my pants started to fall down lol!

I'm not looking forward to getting my first fill. My hubs told me how weird it feels. He never did the fluids afterwards like we should, then he felt like poo. It's gonna be hard to go back to those yucky fluids. If I have to drink anymore apple juice or chicken broth, I'll scream lol. Honestly tho, I expect to have to, I just dread it. I won't get my first fill for two more weeks, either the last week of July or the first week of August.

I'm down 24.6 so far, that's pre-op included, about 17 I think, post-op. I ate too much this weekend (more than just the three meals and two snacks). I hope I didn't gain. It's so hard to have yummy stuff right at arms length, and not munch! Oh, how I love watermelon, cheese roll and multi-grain crackers LOL. I didn't stuff myself, just shouldn't have grazed. And the food was everywhere, so it was so hard! Ugh.... No pants falling for me! Yet, anyway LOL :D

I'm drinking a Protein shake right now... I followed the suggested schedule of liquids for two days then mushies for two days....was so excited to eat real food again ...but I guess my band had other plans. Pretty sick of shakes...blah. So how long did it take your hubby to get used to his first fill?

Just a warning on the pants falling down...bring safety pins with you, or a belt..they seemed to fit fine at the start of the day...just out of the dryer....things get lose during the day. Lol!

Wonderpooh2u - I will be getting my first fill the last week of July - will have to compare notes.

I find that as of now, I can still gulp the beverages and not feel anything different. I do try to hold off drinking during and after meals though. I can also tolerate a little carbonation. How about you? Does grazing without the fill have any effects on you? Just curious.

I was banded June 16th & as I've mentioned in other posts it's been miserable! I was finally able to start eating on July 4th. I was having such a hard time they ended up removing a cc of the "primary fluid" abt 2 wks after my surgery, I was so sick feeling & was having really bad muscle spasms they called me in 3 different meds to help with all my problems. I know this is considered T. M. I but over the weekend I thought I was gonna die bc I hadn't went to the bathroom in alil over 2 weeks. Y'all I swear this thing is gonna be the death of me! Lol. I went today for my 1st fill & they weren't sure if they were going to do it bc all the trouble I've been having. She ended up only putting in a cc & said we were just gonna take baby steps. Which I'm totally fine with! I'm not pushing anything other than sips of Clear Liquids. It amazes me when I read stories about the great progress some of you are making. Way to go! I know we're all here for the same reasons & we can do it! This is a good time to be "losers"!

Crystal76 - sorry to hear that you have had such a rough time. Hopefully you are past the worst of it. I saw your weight loss and that part is incredible. Wow! Funny - I don't even know when they did my lap band if they just put it in or did they do any type of fill. I'm going to guess not, but isn't that sad - i don't even know. It does scare me some that you never know when you are going to hit a rough patch with the band. Between each persons individual experience and just the erratic side effects of the band, you never know what is going to happen next! Hang in there.

Thank you ProudMary! That's since June 2nd when I started the liquid diet, I'm super excited! My grandmother asks me like everyday if its worth it bc I've had such a hard time & my answer is always the same.......YES, it will be eventually. Lol

Proudmary...

I haven't tried to gulp lol, I'm too afraid to! I've been doing everything I've been told. Just the one day this weekend when I did some grazing. I didn't feel different, but even with an empty band, I knew when I'd had enough. As for liquids before and after meals, that's the only thing I haven't followed. That's been probably the most difficult to do. If I eat tuna fish, or crackers, anything more dry, I NEED the liquid. Chewing to mush isn't enough. I don't drink a lot, but take a sip here and there if I know I'm eating something more dry. I don't know if there's a problem with that, but I haven't had any issues. Who's to day I won't after the fill tho? I don't know about anyone else, but I read in the book my surgeon gave me, to not drink an hour before or after. Ok, so how am I supposed to get enough fluids in me??? Following that 'rule' I don't get enough Fluid. Nowhere near it.

As for my husband, he would eat a normal meal the same day he was filled. Never had/has an issue. But he hasn't followed the rules since probably week two LOL, and shame on him! He's been very lucky to not have any issues with the band AT ALL, and he's had his for 3.5 years. He has been stuck quite a bit, because he doesn't chew enough, but that mostly occurred within the first couple of years. It's rare for him to get stuck now.