Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So whats your meal plan 6 or more months out now

basically I only have 3 meals a day no Snacks

Breakfast might be greek yogurt or eggs scrambled with small cup of fruit or meat and veggies.

lunch and dinner is meat and veggies or an occasional whole grain whole wheat with ham slices and mustard.

I drink mostly Water with occasional crystal light

I try to limit carbs to under 60 grams a day

meat mostly consists of ground beef, turkey, chicken.

Ill make the occasional beef or chicken stew with a pressure cooker.

I dont eat rice or potatoes dont want the trigger foods.

carbs crave carbs especially simple carbs.

what i put in my body will influence what i will crave and influences hunger

i use 85percent lean ground meat.

once in a while Ill make pork like pork chops

veggies mostly consist of broccoli, spinach, or string Beans sometimes carrots but carrots have a lot of sugar in them so I def limit them.

sometimes asparagus

steak sometimes but i cut it into strips and do a stir fry.

so let me know what you guys think Im interested to know your input

I'm pre-op... thanks for letting me know what my diet will look like on "the other side."

Seven months out here. I am in the several small meals rather than 3 meals a day camp.

Breakfast/first meal in the morning I usually do a Protein shake. Sometimes I will do a NF cappucino and then have a Protein Shake later in the day.

Then I have 3-5 other small meals that typically consist of one of these things:

Greek yogurt (Chiobani 100, Dannon light & fit or Fage)

1oz turkey Jerky

Sharp cheddar made with 2% milk

String cheese

Thin sliced cold cuts

Poached chicken breast

1/3-1/2 of a pure Protein or Quest bar

Raw veggies with Fage mixed with ranch dressing mix

1oz almonds or cashews

1/2 c Turkey chilli

2 turkey meatballs w/marinara

I will usually pair one or two of these small meals with a carb like

1/4-1/2 cup berries, melon, plums, apricots

Hummus with veggies

Roasted root vegetables

Sliced tomatoes with balsamic and olive oil and basil

Small salad with full fat dressing

Flat out low carb wrap (1/2) or a low carb tortilla (1/2)

A couple of times a week I will splurge and add in something the family is eating or eat out. I don't deny myself a bit or this or that including....

A few French fries

A cheese won ton (had this today!)

Half a slice of thin crust pizza

Insides of a street taco

popcorn at the movies

Chick fil a grilled nuggets

A few bites of almost anything my husband or kids order

I have completely stayed away from bread, rice, sugar drinks including juice, Pasta...other than that I don't have any forbidden foods....including a very occasional dessert.

I eat around 800 calories a day, typically 70g protein (60+) less than 60 carbs (usually less than 40).

I'm six months out and I don't measure or anything, so please forgive the lack of amounts in my description. I have never tracked my calories, so no help there, either. I basically eat when I'm hungry and just until I'm not hungry anymore. Mostly Protein, veggies, fruit and Water. I don't usually eat Pasta, rice or bread, but I have had them on a rare occasion.

Breakfast... Workdays is something quick I nibble on while feeding dogs and horses and getting ready in the morning. Cottage cheese with peaches, an apple, premade spinach, sausage and cheese mini quiche, hard boiled egg, etc. last week I even had some leftover prime rib and sweet potato fries.

Weekends I will sit down for a civilized Breakfast. A one egg omelet with whatever I've got available..... cheese, sausage, spinach, bacon, mushrooms, green chilis, salsa.... I made a batch of Protein pancakes and froze them and they are great with butter, maple Syrup and a turkey sausage patty. Huevos Rancheros is another favorite weekend breakfast.

Daytime Snacks and lunch.... I am on the road all day and I don't get a lunch break so my work days consist of Snacks and Protein drinks. I make up a big protein smoothie 24-32oz, 30-40g protein with benefiber and Metamucil to bring along. Flavors vary .....chocolate with a banana, cake batter/hazelnut/Carmel, Peanut Butter, cake batter with blueberries, apple cranberry, orange cherry, vanilla/gingerbread, etc. I drink 1/2 in the morning and 1/2 in the afternoon. I also nibble on mixed nuts, sesame sticks, a protein or whole grain Fiber bar, cheese sticks, beef Jerky and pumpkin seeds. I don't have any set lunch or snack times, but I'm usually eating every 3 hours. On top of the smoothie, I also get in a travel mug of Decaf coffee and a liter of Water. I'll drink a big glass of V8 a couple times/ week.

On the weekends I get a lot more real food....I'll eat 5-6 mini meals, and not any snacks.

dinner.... If I get home before 6pm I will have two dinners. One I try to make heavy on veggies and the other protein heavy. I eat most anything. BBQ ribs, chicken salad on pita bites, elk, Chinese food, burgers, tacos, pork loin, roast beef, rotisserie chicken, turkey curry, seafood, ham, steak, brussel sprouts, Beans, corned beef, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, carrots, baked Beans, artichokes, tomatoes, avocados. Lately I haven't been getting home until 8-9pm, so I only get in one dinner. At night I have a cup of chamomile tea and sometimes some plain Greek yogurt flavored with Protein powder or apples and Peanut Butter as a bedtime snack.

I also take a whole food based Multivitamin with Probiotics, Iron, and sublingual B12.

I have indulged in alcohol, cake, ice cream, cupcakes, cheesecake, noodles, fries, donuts, chips and English toffee, but they certainly aren't everyday treats. I hit my surgeons goal weight 3 weeks ago. I'm 2 pounds away from a "normal" BMI and I'm still losing at a rate of 1-2 pounds/week.

Edited by Kindle

I'm six months out and I don't measure or anything, so please forgive the lack of amounts in my description. I have never tracked my calories, so no help there, either. I basically eat when I'm hungry and just until I'm not hungry anymore. Mostly Protein, veggies, fruit and Water. I don't usually eat Pasta, rice or bread, but I have had them on a rare occasion.

Breakfast... Workdays is something quick I nibble on while feeding dogs and horses and getting ready in the morning. Cottage cheese with peaches, an apple, premade spinach, sausage and cheese mini quiche, hard boiled egg, etc. last week I even had some leftover prime rib and sweet potato fries.

Weekends I will sit down for a civilized breakfast. A one egg omelet with whatever I've got available..... cheese, sausage, spinach, bacon, mushrooms, green chilis, salsa.... I made a batch of Protein pancakes and froze them and they are great with butter, maple Syrup and a turkey sausage patty. Huevos Rancheros is another favorite weekend breakfast.

Daytime Snacks and lunch.... I am on the road all day and I don't get a lunch break so my work days consist of Snacks and protein drinks. I make up a big protein smoothie 24-32oz, 30-40g protein with benefiber and Metamucil to bring along. Flavors vary .....chocolate with a banana, cake batter/hazelnut/Carmel, Peanut Butter, cake batter with blueberries, apple cranberry, orange cherry, vanilla/gingerbread, etc. I drink 1/2 in the morning and 1/2 in the afternoon. I also nibble on mixed nuts, sesame sticks, a protein or whole grain Fiber bar, cheese sticks, beef Jerky and pumpkin seeds. I don't have any set lunch or snack times, but I'm usually eating every 3 hours. On top of the smoothie, I also get in a travel mug of Decaf coffee and a liter of Water. I'll drink a big glass of V8 a couple times/ week.

On the weekends I get a lot more real food....I'll eat 5-6 mini meals, and not any snacks.

dinner.... If I get home before 6pm I will have two dinners. One I try to make heavy on veggies and the other protein heavy. I eat most anything. BBQ ribs, chicken salad on pita bites, elk, Chinese food, burgers, tacos, pork loin, roast beef, rotisserie chicken, turkey curry, seafood, ham, steak, brussel sprouts, Beans, corned beef, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, carrots, baked Beans, artichokes, tomatoes, avocados. Lately I haven't been getting home until 8-9pm, so I only get in one dinner. At night I have a cup of chamomile tea and sometimes some plain Greek yogurt flavored with Protein Powder or apples and Peanut Butter as a bedtime snack.

I also take a whole food based Multivitamin with Probiotics, Iron, and sublingual B12.< /p>

I have indulged in alcohol, cake, ice cream, cupcakes, cheesecake, noodles, fries, donuts, chips and English toffee, but they certainly aren't everyday treats. I hit my surgeons goal weight 3 weeks ago. I'm 2 pounds away from a "normal" BMI and I'm still losing at a rate of 1-2 pounds/week.

Your meal plan made me smile inside. I am only 3 weeks out but I love to know that one day I can find a healthy balance.

Weekends I will sit down for a civilized breakfast. A one egg omelet with whatever I've got available..... cheese, sausage, spinach, bacon, mushrooms, green chilis, salsa.... I made a batch of Protein pancakes and froze them and they are great with butter, maple Syrup and a turkey sausage patty. Huevos Rancheros is another favorite weekend breakfast.

Daytime Snacks and lunch.... I am on the road all day and I don't get a lunch break so my work days consist of Snacks and protein drinks. I make up a big protein smoothie 24-32oz, 30-40g protein with benefiber and Metamucil to bring along. Flavors vary .....chocolate with a banana, cake batter/hazelnut/Carmel, Peanut Butter, cake batter with blueberries, apple cranberry, orange cherry, vanilla/gingerbread, etc. I drink 1/2 in the morning and 1/2 in the afternoon. I also nibble on mixed nuts, sesame sticks, a protein or whole grain fiber bar, cheese sticks, beef Jerky and pumpkin seeds. I don't have any set lunch or snack times, but I'm usually eating every 3 hours. On top of the smoothie, I also get in a travel mug of Decaf coffee and a liter of Water. I'll drink a big glass of V8 a couple times/ week.

dinner.... If I get home before 6pm I will have two dinners. One I try to make heavy on veggies and the other protein heavy. I eat most anything. BBQ ribs, chicken salad on pita bites, elk, Chinese food, burgers, tacos, pork loin, roast beef, rotisserie chicken, turkey curry, seafood, ham, steak, brussel sprouts, Beans, corned beef, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, carrots, baked Beans, artichokes, tomatoes, avocados. Lately I haven't been getting home until 8-9pm, so I only get in one dinner. At night I have a cup of chamomile tea and sometimes some plain Greek yogurt flavored with protein powder or apples and Peanut Butter as a bedtime snack.

I also take a whole food based multivitamin with probiotics, Iron, and sublingual B12.< /p>

Seriously this post made me smile as well it makes me glad to know that I'll be able yo

Daytime Snacks and lunch.... I am on the road all day and I don't get a lunch break so my work days consist of Snacks and protein drinks. I make up a big protein smoothie 24-32oz, 30-40g protein with benefiber and Metamucil to bring along. Flavors vary .....chocolate with a banana, cake batter/hazelnut/Carmel, Peanut Butter, cake batter with blueberries, apple cranberry, orange cherry, vanilla/gingerbread, etc. I drink 1/2 in the morning and 1/2 in the afternoon. I also nibble on mixed nuts, sesame sticks, a protein or whole grain fiber bar, cheese sticks, beef Jerky and pumpkin seeds. I don't have any set lunch or snack times, but I'm usually eating every 3 hours. On top of the smoothie, I also get in a travel mug of Decaf coffee and a liter of Water. I'll drink a big glass of V8 a couple times/ week.

dinner.... If I get home before 6pm I will have two dinners. One I try to make heavy on veggies and the other protein heavy. I eat most anything. BBQ ribs, chicken salad on pita bites, elk, Chinese food, burgers, tacos, pork loin, roast beef, rotisserie chicken, turkey curry, seafood, ham, steak, brussel sprouts, Beans, corned beef, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, carrots, baked Beans, artichokes, tomatoes, avocados. Lately I haven't been getting home until 8-9pm, so I only get in one dinner. At night I have a cup of chamomile tea and sometimes some plain Greek yogurt flavored with protein powder or apples and Peanut Butter as a bedtime snack.

I also take a whole food based multivitamin with probiotics, Iron, and sublingual B12.< /p>

Seriously this post made me smile as well it makes me glad to know that I'll be able to eat normal food again..

Seven months out here. I am in the several small meals rather than 3 meals a day camp.

Breakfast/first meal in the morning I usually do a Protein shake. Sometimes I will do a NF cappucino and then have a Protein Shake later in the day.

Then I have 3-5 other small meals that typically consist of one of these things:

Greek yogurt (Chiobani 100, Dannon light & fit or Fage)

1oz turkey Jerky

Sharp cheddar made with 2% milk

String cheese

Thin sliced cold cuts

Poached chicken breast

1/3-1/2 of a pure Protein or Quest bar

Raw veggies with Fage mixed with ranch dressing mix

1oz almonds or cashews

1/2 c Turkey chilli

2 turkey meatballs w/marinara

I will usually pair one or two of these small meals with a carb like

1/4-1/2 cup berries, melon, plums, apricots

Hummus with veggies

Roasted root vegetables

Sliced tomatoes with balsamic and olive oil and basil

Small salad with full fat dressing

Flat out low carb wrap (1/2) or a low carb tortilla (1/2)

A couple of times a week I will splurge and add in something the family is eating or eat out. I don't deny myself a bit or this or that including....

A few French fries

A cheese won ton (had this today!)

Half a slice of thin crust pizza

Insides of a street taco

popcorn at the movies

Chick fil a grilled nuggets

A few bites of almost anything my husband or kids order

I have completely stayed away from bread, rice, sugar drinks including juice, Pasta...other than that I don't have any forbidden foods....including a very occasional dessert.

I eat around 800 calories a day, typically 70g protein (60+) less than 60 carbs (usually less than 40).

Sounds like what I eat :-)