Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

7 Month Surgiversary Surprise!

Today is 7 months since my surgery and I got a huge surprise when I weighed in today. I've been losing slower and slower over the last two months, going from 3lbs per week loss to 1, so I reduced my calories again and started being more diligent about what I eat. Last time I weighed in was two weeks ago at 196, and today I stepped on the scale expecting to see maybe 194 at the lowest...but it was 189!!! 72% of the way to my ultimate goal of 140. My mini goal was to be down to 175 by 1 year out and I think I'm going to surpass that. PLUS...I'm only 4 pounds away from not being considered obese anymore!! What a happy, happy, happy gift to give to myself! :D

Just wanted to share my happiness!

Good for you!! So. How low did you have to drop your calories to in order to drop weight again?

AWESOME! GREAT JOB!

Careful with reducing your caloric intake..Because if you cut down too much and esp. Protein..Your hair may fall out again. Also your body if it feels stressed will shut you down until it feels safe again....

This is not a numbers game. This is about health and well being....That is what we are aiming for..All of us. The scale can be a fickle friend. And as a matter of fact..is!

Edited by RJ'S/beginning

Great job, keep up the good work!

Congratulations!, Great job!

Happy dance time!

Good for you!! So. How low did you have to drop your calories to in order to drop weight again?

I only dropped my calories by about 150 per day, dropped from 800 to 650. If I was working out more regularly I'd probably be able to keep them a bit higher.

Careful with reducing your caloric intake..Because if you cut down too much and esp. Protein..Your hair may fall out again. Also your body if it feels stressed will shut you down until it feels safe again....

This is not a numbers game. This is about health and well being....That is what we are aiming for..All of us. The scale can be a fickle friend. And as a matter of fact..is!

Thanks, RJ! I actually manage to get in quite a bit of Protein on low calories, and my NUT is totally fine with where I'm at in terms of intake. :)

I only dropped my calories by about 150 per day, dropped from 800 to 650. If I was working out more regularly I'd probably be able to keep them a bit higher.

Wow. That's pretty low. Your still able to function with full energy on 650 cals? Good for you! I'd never be able too...my dietician and therapist would both hospitalize me if I was restricting to 650. I'm also just about 5'10 so that makes a difference too.

If your body is still losing without hitting starvation stalls then awesome!

Wow, that's so low! My surgeon and NUT both want me hitting 1150-1350 as so as I can. I'm 3 months out and manage 750-950 a day so far. Stay safe!