Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Only 25 lbs lost in 6 weeks

Let me share my story. In December 2009, I had the lap-band, which worked great until I had to have an emergency removal in January 2013. The baNd had major slippage and needed to come out. I was supposed to have revision to bypass right then and there but my doctor did not feel it was safe because my stomach was so "angry." With the lap-band I went from 227 to about 145. I was at a size 4 and feeling great. So fast forward to May 2014, I was back at 209 and feeling horrible. I was finally approved to have the sleeve, which was done on May 13, 2014. The 2 weeks prior for the pre-op diet is went down to 200 on the day of surgery. I had the surgery and when I was released from the hospital I weighed 207, I guess cause all of the fluids. Yesterday was my 6 weeks post op and I am only at 185, Is this normal. I dont know what exactly I am supposed to expect. I was able to start walking/running at about 4 weeks and I started back at cross fit this week. Any help would be great. Since I was not able to keep the weight off after the lap-band removal I am really discouraged and feeling like this will not work. Has anyone had this happen.

Your wt loss of 25 lbs in 6 wks is great! Don't be discouraged, this is something to be excited about! I have read that wt loss is never as rapid as it is with the first gastric surgery. So this may be what you are experiencing. Talk with your program and get their take on this. Continue to watch your diet, exercise, and drink your Water. Discuss this with your nutritionist who can guide you through this transition; and you will be fine. Yes, this does work :-) . Best wishes on your journey.

Don't be discouraged, 25 lbs in 6 weeks is great. but also take a look at whatever foods you are eating. do you keep a journal?

ONLY 25 lbs! ONLY 25 lbs in 6 weeks! That's just wonderful in my opinion :)

I was sleeved on May 14th and I am down 30 pounds. 25 pounds is great. You also need to Celebrate inches lost.

Four pounds a week is not shabby! I would take it. Shoot I can gain 4 pounds in a minute but takes two weeks to get rid of most of it with exercise. Best of luck!

I agree with the other posters - 25 lbs in 6 weeks is GREAT. Take a look at my numbers, in my signature.

I lost 24 pounds in 6 weeks after surgery...I couldn't have been happier!

A couple of suggestions

1. Don't compare your weight loss to others or try to be "typical". There is nothing "typical" about this process. We're all different and each of us is going to lose at a different pace. We all didn't gain at the same pace, why do we expect to lose at the same pace?

2. Do not be a slave to the scale - the scale is not good for your soul, it's a cruel instrument developed to make us feel bad about ourselves. In retrospect, I wish I had thrown out my scale months ago.

I suggest taking pictures to document the changes your body is going thru - take some of your face, full body shots (with clothes or without), side shots, shots of your backside, etc. I have hundreds of pictures I took along the way - it's great to compare the "old me" to the "new me" Also, take your measurements - I measure my neck, bust, waist, hips, biceps, thighs and calf) - this really helped me when the scale said I wasn't losing pounds...I was losing inches.

That is 4.16 lbs a week....Why is that a bad weight loss.

Why are you tied to the scale. Your looking at self sabotage if you weigh yourself too much.

Consider how you would feel if you gained 4 lbs a week..Horrible right! Technically with traditional diets you are suppose to lose less then 5-6 lbs a month.

Don't do this to yourself. If you stay on course you will lose all your weight...Please don't set dates for yourself and set reasonable goals as well. this is not a race this is another part of your journey. Enjoy it Okay!!!!

There will be bumps along the way but you will succeed! :)

Thanks everyone. I actually just started a journal today and also measured myself. Such positive comments. I was already weighing myself daily so I put the scale away. I work with 8 others who have been sleeved and none of them stalled this quickly. That is were my concern came from.

My husband actually hid the scale from me and brought it out once per week. I'm glad he did.

I've come to realize that the scale is not my friend most of the time. Cut yourself a break! I had feelings that the surgery wasn't going to work for me - that I was going to be that failure story. I don't think like that any more.

Best of luck to you!