Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser northern california

Am just beginning the process next week. My dr mentioned that the process has changed from the extensive process it used to be to get approved. Anyone had sleeve surgery recently with Kaiser in Northern California? Could you tell me what your approval process and time line were?

Hi I am going through the process now. Its faster if you lose the weight they want you too pretty fast. I hesitated but I already did the 2 classes required and had my 2 apointments, they are given to you pretty quick. I am just 3lbs away from getting my surgery date after that they said tis pretty fast.

Hi I was sleeved at Kaiser Richmond on 6/23. It went really quickly for me:

May 8: orientation

June 3: psych eval

June 10: met with surgeon & case manager; got surgery date

June 11: pre-op lab work & EKG

June 17: Surgery class & nutrition class; pre-op physical

June 23: surgery

Good luck!

Wow that was fast!! I had the education class on 7/3 and I have the surgical orientation on Friday. We will see where it goes from there. :)

I wanted to say good luck. My time line is different since I was a revision so I didn't have to go thru everything. I had my surgery in 6/18 out of south San Fran kaiser. On 4/29 my dr and I said it was time for revision he gave me 3 days in June and I picked the 18 th and I was in.

Mine did not go that fast. I'm being sleeved in Fremont and I had to lose 10% before I could have surgery. That alone has taken 6+ months.

It's been going pretty quick for myself and my BFF who is also getting the sleeve. It's been less than a month and I have done

-initial info class

-surgical orientation

-surgeon appt.

-dietician appt.

-mental health

I had already started losing on my own so my surgeon set my goal at another 11lbs. Only 3 to go!!

Mine did not go that fast. I'm being sleeved in Fremont and I had to lose 10% before I could have surgery. That alone has taken 6+ months.

how is the program in Fremont? I live in Fremont but go to south San Fran kaiser which can be a pain to travel all the time.

It's been going pretty quick for myself and my BFF who is also getting the sleeve. It's been less than a month and I have done -initial info class -surgical orientation -surgeon appt. -dietician appt. -mental health I had already started losing on my own so my surgeon set my goal at another 11lbs. Only 3 to go!!

good to hear it is going quick for you. And congrats on the weight loss already

how is the program in Fremont? I live in Fremont but go to south San Fran kaiser which can be a pain to travel all the time.

Why did they send you all the way to south city? That seems counter-intuitive. Fremont is great. Dr. Dutta is my surgeon and he is awesome. All of the people there have been great.

I'm a Fremont sleever. LOVE Fremont Kaiser Bariatrics team! I was sleeved in May 2011 by Dr. Hahn. Been at goal about 2.5 years now.

Lynda

Why did they send you all the way to south city? That seems counter-intuitive. Fremont is great. Dr. Dutta is my surgeon and he is awesome. All of the people there have been great.

I started going in 2009 for band adjustments after I moved Was told the only one the area. I moved to Fremont from San Jose 2 years ago and noticed they has a program but she my dr put in a transfer I never heard so I have been continuing up there. Now that I had my revision surgery I think I'm going to try and transfer again as I would love to be 5 min away instead if 45-1 hr.

Edited by stacielynntate

I sure hope they let you transfer over. That would be so much better for you! Of course, I love the valet parking they have over there at South City during the week (LOL) but Fremont is so much less gas and wear and tear on you and your car!

I sure hope they let you transfer over. That would be so much better for you! Of course, I love the valet parking they have over there at South City during the week (LOL) but Fremont is so much less gas and wear and tear on you and your car!

thanks and I agree. Also wouldn't have to take a half day off work just for apts. one more question does Fremont offer support groups?

Edited by stacielynntate

Yes, the 2nd and 4th Friday of each month there at Kaiser. So, you'd be able to do everything right there! I'm so grateful that they have support groups in Livermore once a month as well.