Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello all June 30 sleevers! My surgery went as planned on Monday. I spent one night in the hospital and was released Tuesday evening (around 6:30). I have been at my mom's house since, and I'm feeling pretty great. My surgeon doesn't put in a drain anymore (unless he thinks you really need it), so I'm happy about that. I'm able to get around just fine, tolerating the liquid diet without a problem, and getting in enough Protein and fluids. Other then some residual pain, I feel pretty great!

Hood you're all doing well!

Starting day 4 today and the pain is even less and I can drink a little more with no pain. I'm on Clear Liquids until Saturday when I can start the full liquid diet for 2 weeks.

So far I would say this hasn't been nearly as bad as I thought it would be! For that, I am Very thankful.

The worst part for me was waking up post-op in excruciating pain that wrapped around my body. Once that was gone everything else has been tolerable!

I haven't been hungry at all so that makes this part way easier than the pre-op diet ;)

Steph, glad your doing good. I'm too sore. I just keep taking my pain meds, walk around the house. I'm sipping on 4 oz Protein Shake. It takes a while. Our stomach is still swollen. Was told it gets better everyday. Just drink slow. Are you taking lovenox injections? This helps from getting blood clots.

I'm so glad to see everyone is doing well!!! Maybe someone can shed some light on this. I'm on Clear Liquids until Sat and then I got to Protein Shakes. I'm not really feeling hungry but I'm craving things like watermelon. Probably sounds werid. I can't figure out if it's bc in ready to have something more substantial or if I'm bored and just miss chewing on food.... what do you guys think?

I'm so glad to see everyone is doing well!!! Maybe someone can shed some light on this. I'm on clear liquids until Sat and then I got to Protein Shakes. I'm not really feeling hungry but I'm craving things like watermelon. Probably sounds werid. I can't figure out if it's bc in ready to have something more substantial or if I'm bored and just miss chewing on food.... what do you guys think?

I have been fantasizing and craving food too but not hungry at all. Pretty sure that is normal. I used to eat from boredom too... So now I have to find something else to do!

How are you doing with your diet so far? I feel like everyday it's getting easier

No injections for me - just medicine to prevent ulcers. I was able to get more liquids and Proteins in, but it was awfully hard. I have zero interest in food and am concerned at how quickly the weight is coming off - ten pounds since Monday morning.

No injections for me - just medicine to prevent ulcers. I was able to get more liquids and Proteins in, but it was awfully hard. I have zero interest in food and am concerned at how quickly the weight is coming off - ten pounds since Monday morning.

Congrats!!! I'm ten pounds down to!! I agree though I'm not getting much fluids down. Only about 8 oz which scares me a little bc I'm worried about dehydration

I'm on clear liquids with Protein (Isopure drinks, Jello made with Isopure, broth with added protein powder) plus any zero cal beverages until Monday, which will be one full week. Then I transition to full liquids (soy milk, Protein Shakes, etc.). I'm not having any trouble getting the appropriate liquids down at all, and I'm stArting to worry about that. Like maybe this should be harder? Please, someone tell me I'm crazy!

I'm on clear liquids with Protein (Isopure drinks, Jello made with Isopure, broth with added protein powder) plus any zero cal beverages until Monday, which will be one full week. Then I transition to full liquids (soy milk, Protein Shakes, etc.). I'm not having any trouble getting the appropriate liquids down at all, and I'm stArting to worry about that. Like maybe this should be harder? Please, someone tell me I'm crazy!

Your crazy ???? don't worry!!!! Some people just heal faster and u were blessed to be one of them!! Just make sure you take your time and listen to ur body. I'm noticing when I'm full it's a different type of fullness that I'm used to. It kind feels like i have a lump in my chest. It's all an adjustment period

I'm scheduled for surgery finally!!! June 30th and I'm starting to get really nervous!

God will be with u! I hope mine will come soon. Excited New life style.