Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved June 9. I lost 10 lbs the first week. This week, I've lost nothing, I'm actually up about half pound. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm on the mushy phase,

Which has consisted of tuna, cottage cheese, yogurt, ground chicken, about 2 oz. per meal, I take in about 700/800 calories per day. And I jog 3 times week, only about 3/4 mile. I still drink my two Protein Drinks a day too.

Relax! It happened to me and I was sleeved in April. The scale didn't move for 10 days. I think the body is adjusting to life after surgery. Do not get on the scale everyday. It will mess with your head. Just follow the doctor's orders. Eat Protein first, take your Vitamins, get as much liquid as you can and sleep if you need it.

It gets better, I promise. I've lost 40 lbs since April 17th. ;-)

Surgery was June 11th. Lost 10lbs the first week just like you and haven't lost since then. And I am up 2 lbs. So yes, I am right there with you!! I finally hid my scale and much happier now. Look at your total loss (pre surgery and post) and divide it by the weeks you have been doing this. For me that's 30lbs in 4 weeks. So basically almost 8lbs a week. Never in my life have I lost 30lbs in a month. So if I stall for a week, that's just what my body must need. Also - I am at a weight were I sit really comfortably. I know the next 10lbs is hard because I never sat in the 260'S. So give it time! We got this!

Thank you guys, yes my body is at a comfortable weight. It's a familiar number on the scale, I've lost 19 lbs in the past month, including my preop diet. Thank you for the encouragement. I won't go on the scale for a week. Hopefully it will move by then!

I lost the first week and didn't lose for the next two weeks. I am almost at six mos. and have lost 60% of my excess weight. Just keep following your Doctor's and NUT's advice and it will happen!

I lost the first week and didn't lose for the next two weeks. I am almost at six mos. and have lost 60% of my excess weight. Just keep following your Doctor's and NUT's advice and it will happen!

That makes feel better. I just can't believe the scale hasn't moved in a week , I'm thinking - ok, this is the story of my life I get the sleeve and STILL don't lose! Fml

I don't care if I have a two week stall as ling as that scale moves downward soon! Thanks for the info, I will try to stay positive

I had my surgery on June 10. I have lost 37 pounds it's kinda scary worried I am losing weight to fast.. my sleeve is so high it hurts to even eat Jello

The scale is finicky! I am almost three months and I refuse to ever call it a 'stall'. I think it is just how our bodies work! I have noticed that when the scale is steady or even if it has gone up, I am still getting smaller! Could be Water retention, or a liitle backed up in the bm dept., or the moon phase (lol). I am still shopping in my closet for smaller clothes. I also bought the next size down of underwear to go to. If the scale has been steady for a few days, that is when I will try on something that used to be tight and it will fit!

I know a lot of people put the scale away or only weigh weekly. I actually weigh myself every morning! I will weigh a second time if I have a bm ;) Once I see a lower weight, that is the number until I see it go lower. In other words, to maintain my sanity, I only count the downs not the ups! If the scale does move up, and it does, I ignore it because it is going to go down as long as I am following the program!! If weighing once a week works for you, great. My husband is adamant about only weighing one a week and thinks my way is nuts. If you are like me and need that instant gratification and weigh daily, you may need to measure inches or judge by clothing fit when the scale is misleading you.

You make me feel so much better. I am sitting at same weight for about 4 days and was trying to figure out what I was doing wrong. I almost thought I should go back to a day or two of just liquids just to get back to losing. Going to ride my bike and swim again today and stick to my Protein diet and hope the scale is kinder by weigh-in on Thursday, my one month surgiversary.

Me too same weight for 4 days-but I can feel that I am slimmer and my clothes are all baggy!!

So I am just carrying on and waiting patiently for the next few pounds to disappear off the scale

Once you are off only liquids and start getting solids again this is pretty common. Don't worry it start going back down again.

I have not done surgery yet, n reading all this sure helps. I think you woman are amazing to post this stuff, i find it very hard to see alot of this stuff as support, but this is real talk n great advice. Thank you all in advance so when i get stuck ima be like who cares :) atleast ima try.

Edited by maggie.alvarez