Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone...im an old newbie!

hiya,i was just checking my old email account and there was a message from this site from years ago lol so i came on and i cant believe i remembered my name and passord!

well i havnt posted scince 2003 lo so a lots happened scince then and none of you will know me!

Scince my band in 2003 i have only lost 56lb!!

i have had a constant battle to lose the weight and its really getting me down now, im just so sick of fighting.

Oh scince last time i have posted when i was a singel mum to two kids well now i live with my fiance and we have a daughter Lacey who is 2! oh how things change lol

anyway just thought i would say hi, im going to go read all the posts now!

nikki:)

x

Hi Nikki, Welcome back, you have alot of catching up to do! I was just away a few days and the whole site as changed to a new format. Maybe you can get that old band to start working again!?!? Things change, hopefully some new info will help. Best Wishes, Sunnysea

Hi Vampy

Great to hear from someone banded some time ago - glad you still have you band. Can you talk a little more about your weight loss - as you can see mine is almost non existent yet i do everything right - in fact for the last month i rarely eat at all - maybe 400-600 calories a day. i don't exercise much anymore - frankly i'm always tired but it gave me SOME hope to see your rate of loss - maybe in 3 p;lus years i can lose 56 lbs too. since i'm going through all this hell with the band i'd like to know it might work some day.

At this point the only thing the band has done for me (and it's big) is stop my yo yo dieting - i could and would gain 40-60lbs in a year and or lose 50 or so - that was torture too.

hope you stay around -

thanks everyone!

hi marys..mary?

well i lost 21lbs in the first 6 weeks of having the band due to been on the liquid diet for like ever well it seemed like it lol

but after that its been a nightmare really,

i seem to lose a bit of weight then put it back on again or stay the same weight for years!

this time last year i weighed 213, now i weigh 210, thats a whopping weight loss of 3lb in a whole year, sometimes i feel like giving up..i do have restriction and have had restriction for a year now which is great but i still cant lose the weight as im eating the wrong foods,

i managed 18 months ago to lose another 24lbs by going on slimming world which i didnt want to do as its just another diet which i had failed with in the past.

why do you think your not losing much weight?

i keep saying to myself that 56lbs of is better than 1lb on, i would be so much bigger than i was if it wasnt for the band so i have that to be greatful of even though i dont like it very much at all!

marys maybe your bit eating enough..your body gets use to it and will start to store your fat reserves which means you wont lose weight!

if theres anything you want to ask me then fire away lol

x

Nikki,

I think everyone needs to remember that the band is only a "tool", you still have to do all the work. My biggest problem is eating for all the wrong reasons (bored, lonely, tired, etc.), you need to figure out why you are eating and change that. It's a daily struggle but I'm grateful that I'm around another day for that struggle. Wish you well on your journey!