Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh my gosh I cant for the life of me figure out what I did on the 19th!!! Why am I such a weak person to have to have something put in my body THAT I CANT TAKE OUT!!! I am freaking out hourly crying and bawling and I cant control it. I know the lack of sleep does not help but COME ON!!! Surgery went fine and I really had no pain that was higher than an 8 on the pain scale but it wasnt even my stomach that hurt it was my back!!! I was nauseated ALOT and several times spit out my spit in order to try to control the feeling. My oxygen levels went really low when I went for walks so I had to stay the night. Which was fine with me. The gas pain is bad at times and just when I think it has gone away....here it comes again. I AM AN EMOTIONAL WRECK....I know what everyone is going to say....Hang in there it gets better...but right now I dont see that. I still think this thing inside me is going to end up killing me somehow and I am just to scared to relax enough to get any rest. BUT I have been walking walking walking and hubby pats on my back, that seems to really help with getting some gas out..kinda like burping a baby!! Anyways, thats my emotional roller coaster..first it is the roller coaster of waiting to have it done and then comes this one...OH BROTHER!! Am I going to make it??????:cry :cry :cry I know I will but I sure hope this feeling goes away FAST!!! Deanna... banded 19th of April, just got home Friday the 20th at 1:00pm Mountain time.

Okay in reality, you CAN have it removed. Just putting that seed in there even though I don't think you should. The bypass is the operation where your organs are cut and joined, not the Lap Band.

Welcome to the band. Remember your goals? I can see them on your ticker. You had a great pre-op diet time which shows you have it in you to take it down to where you want to be.

It's okay to be scared. I am looking at my band as a new part of me. Like a beautiful flower (a Stargazer Lily) resting inside my stomach and sending out fragrance that helps to prevent me from overeating and gives me that FULL feeling for the first time in my life.

Hang in there.

Deanna: It WILL get better, but that's not helpful now, is it? I want you to remember something. You just had anesthesia. It can wreak havok with your emotions, your energy, your pain tolerance, your memory. You are swimming in mood altering chemicals.

I came out of surgery demanding to be taken back in and get that thing out of me. Although my hubby says I never said it out loud....I was sure I did. Had that same feeling that I had allowed someone to put a foreign body in me OMG!

Right now, you need to pamper yourself. Hot pad on your shoulder and back pain. liquid Tylenol. Stupid comedies on TV.

I know it doesn't feel like it, but you are an awesome candidate for major success with the band. You lost 10 pounds pre op, and never cheated. That puts you at the top of the pack.

Keep writing here if it helps. You just have to live through that stupid anesthetic and you'll get your bearings.

take your pain killer!! that's what it's there for!! honestly--it WILL make you feel better! take this whole process a little at a time---you just started--and to utter the dreaded words--it will get better! you've taken a big step--and of course you'll have some discomfort--but you should have been given painkiller by the surgeon--TAKE IT! it helps! easier to stay AHEAD of the pain, than to try to catch up with it--so take it on a regular schedule and stay comfortable.

best wishes,

girlinnyc

Thank you....I needed to hear all of that. That made me feel better and of course to cry AGAIN!! You guys are awesome!! I hope to be able to make someone feel better one day just like you did me!! Deanna

Thank you....I needed to hear all of that. That made me feel better and of course to cry AGAIN!! You guys are awesome!! I hope to be able to make someone feel better one day just like you did me!! Deanna

Fish are friends, not food. - Finding Nemo

I'm saying silly things like this to myself to make friends with food. Food has been the thing I have been carniverous towards. I would eat it tastelessly going down. I'm wanting to appreciate the nutrition it gives to my body and for me, it's almost like the loss of a close friend who comforted me in ways that werent' healthy. I felt like crying before I got banded. Deanna we're all in this same boat and we all have similar goals. We will get there. And we'll Celebrate our victories all the way down.

It has only been one day...what you are feeling is totally normal, some of it is the anasthesia still in your system some if it is the reality that your eating habits will be changing, food has been your friend for along time I am sure or you would not be here... it is like losing your best friend but once you get past the post op phase and see the weight loss you will see that there is light at the end of the tunnel. Just know this, you can stil leat with your band and enjoy food..I lost over 100 lbs with my band abd still enjoyed food. It was just in alot less quantities. Do not give up, it gets better most of us were where you are at right now and we are all here to help you get past this phase. You can do this!!!! I promise it does get better, this is the beginning of your new life.

Hi, I am new to this board and have been looking over a LOT of messages and yours really made me think of my "extra" person....I am just at the stage of going to the info meeting and then forward, but I wanted to explain a little of why I have waited for so many years to do anything about my weight.....about giving up an entire person that I have been carrying with me, for years. I have finally decided it is time for this other person to leave and take on the form of a memory. I have lugged the extra 150 pounds for way way to long and as I say, "the other person" over the years, has been a great escape for me, I would let the 300 plus pound person come out to defend me or comfort me and the 150 pound person trying to get out would just stay tucked away inside. Well, I quit carrying my kids at about the point they were able to walk.....about 30 lbs or so and today can not even pick up anything over 8 pounds because of my back......so saying goodbye to a 150 is going to be my peace. And saying hello to the new 150 will be life changing. I truly wish you all the best and hope you know that even though I am new to this forum, I am not new to the emotion envolved. Prayers and thoughts are with you and all of the absolute best is wished for your future with this wonderful achievement and choice you have made!!!!

I remember one of the first thoughts that came to me after surgery was "get this thing out of me!" It was a very traumatic experience just coming to terms with the fact that I was so fat I had to have surgery to lose weight. I am still fat today but healthier and happier. You will go through a grieving process much like having someone die. Only, your old lifestyle and way of looking at food is gone now. You will encounter a lot of ups and downs. Be patient with yourself and realize there will be days when you feel very emotional for no reason at all. It's O.K. Just jump in here any time and reach out!

My sister and I had our band surgery done the same day. We returned to our homes which are a few blocks apart. On the third day, we both were very depressed. I called her and told her that my husband would bring her to our house for the evening. She arrived in her gown and robe. We sent him for a McDonald's chocolate milk shake which we shared. We watched a movie and drank our milk shake. After that night, we got over the depression. I think we were missing our best friend--food. We soon found out that we didn't have to give up food. We just learned to be satisfied with a lot less. We have both lost about 75 pounds. We are happy bandsters. Just hand in there, the bad feelings will pass.

Congratulations on getting the Band. I totally understand how you feel. I was mad at myself the first few days that I let myself get to the point where I had to put a "foreign object" in my body. I was convinced I could feel it every time I moved and breathed for about the first week. THe pain medicine should help a lot. And now 4 weeks after surgery I dont feel it at all. Dont give up It will definitly get better

Well, crap I had a reply to each and every one of you and then hit a button on the computer and LOST THE WHOLE DAMN THING!!!!

SO....here goes...THANK YOU ALL for taking the time to reply to me and let me know that life is out there and I am going to be happy with this decision!!! I really appreciate all of your comments. I would love to get to know you all and more about all of the things that are unique to your situations!!! You all sound like great people!! Deanna

Whew! It seriously WILL get better. And if anything were to happen the band CAN come out. It's one of the safest surgeries you can do. Seriously. Take a breath and relax. If you have any questions there are enough of us here to help you!!!

I really got depressed and super-emotional immediately post-op. A lot of other people have too and I think some of us are just extra sensitive to the anethesia because I was FULLY ready for my surgery and very excited about it but then I started experiencing the same feelings you describe which didn't make sense to me. I'd just bust into sobs and felt so badly about my life. It was terrible. But...the good news is...if you're just going through the same thing I did then it should pass in a few days!!!! You'll be OK!