Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've discovered the joy of "cream of" Soups. I had a cream of cheddar cheese last night and a cream of chicken tonight. What a difference a little dairy makes in feeling more full!

I've discovered the joy of "cream of" Soups. I had a cream of cheddar cheese last night and a cream of chicken tonight. What a difference a little dairy makes in feeling more full!

My nut said two shakes and a lean n green meal. Wish I could have soups, I was suggested to have broth if needed.

July 1st too! Good to find a support group. Day 2 is winding down and I can only tolerate the 2 Protein Shakes, can't do the dinner:( been drinking Water and I was allowed diet soda...though I find it gross but different. July 1st...HURRY!

Day 7 for me here and while I'm bored and would really like some Pasta, I'm chugging along. I made homemade cream of chicken Soup last night and it was a lovely treat. Too much sodium and fat for a regular meal but such a fabulous change of pace from blah and bland.

Day 4 of pre op diet almost done! I'm so bored of 5 shakes a day, sugar free Jello and broth! July 1st can't come soon enough! Is anyone else having food dreams?

Anyone else having mood swings and stomach pain? I want to just sleep the next week away:(

Yes I am experiencing mood swings and I just try to keep myself at a safe distance to people. Unfortunately in my line of work I am in direct contact to people so I just hold my tongue the best I can. Once I am on break I go into our Quiet Room to meditate and relax by reminding myself this will pass and feel a whole lot better.

Anyone have a grocery list for their two week post op? So worried of buying too much when I may need so little.

Yes to the mood swings. Not fun! We hosted a World Cup party today and in spite of all of the delicious food in the house, I did not cheat even one little bit! A dear friend made me homemade broth for the party and it was delicious!

Also, today was a lot easier than the previous days (mood swings not withstanding), so hopefully I've turned a corner. Jury duty tomorrow-ugh!

Edited by Pugmadkate

Let's see...if I'd bought everything at once I would have needed 14 cups of yogurt, 14 sugar-free jellos, 7 low-fat cream of chicken Soups (which I dilute and strain), 14 packets of sugar-free Carnation Instant Breakfast, 4 1/2 gallon cartons of Mootopia skim milk and, of course, good old Protein powder for my shakes. I think that's it. Of course, we'll be eating the same stuff post-op, so it will not go to waste if you get extra. Good luck!

Let's see...if I'd bought everything at once I would have needed 14 cups of yogurt, 14 sugar-free jellos, 7 low-fat cream of chicken Soups (which I dilute and strain), 14 packets of sugar-free Carnation Instant Breakfast, 4 1/2 gallon cartons of Mootopia skim milk and, of course, good old Protein Powder for my shakes. I think that's it. Of course, we'll be eating the same stuff post-op, so it will not go to waste if you get extra. Good luck!

Thank you so much I needed an idea.

Hi Everyone, im also having my surgery on the 1st July. Very excited. Im almost a week into my pre-op diet and im suprisingly doing pretty well. At work people are having bbqs making cakes etc and trying to give it all to me, bit annoying when they all know i cant eat any of it. I usually have a shake in the morning, a opti fast bar or mousse for dinner then cup of Soup for dinner. I founf the opti fast soup yuk!!

Hey everyone!! After a year of waiting and many setbacks i have a july 1st surgery day!!! Woo hoo! My doc lets us have low fat low cal or optional shake liquid diet and im doing a lil bit of both but ooops! :( i cheated once but got myself back on track not going to waste this past year for my cravings wich is what got me here in the first place soo glad theres some surgery buddies here for support! My best wishes for everybody well be fabulous soon! im doing this for my sons 11, 6 and 4 wich are the inspiration for everthing a do... :) lets stick together for support.karla :)

post-151073-0-05288500-1403494445_thumb.png