Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

has anyone tried the lifestyle lift

Just curous if anyone has went to the Lifestyle Lift for their face. I am 57 and trying to decide on what I want to invest in. I know for sure I want the face and arms done. They are the hardest to hide. Even though I need it, I am not sure if I should have thighs, tummy and breasts.. LOL seems like a waste of money at this point in my life.

Any thoughts?

The BBB has given it a very poor rating. I checked into it and there are tons of complaints. I figured since it's my face, I won't take any shortcuts and will get the name of a surgeon from my bariatric group. It will cost me, but like I said...it's my face and I can't take any more chances than necessary.

I cannot say whether the people you mentioned re good or bad but - I felt I had to say this...

You said ''seems like a waste of money at this point in my life.''

Why is it a waste of money at this point in your life? You are 57 - Not 97 - Even if you were 97 - Why do you feel that your own feeling of self worth is not worthy?

The reason I had my plastics was for ME. I felt like a thing, an alien - Worthless as after all the work losing the weight (126lbs lost now) I STILL felt like a nothing. The reason I went for my plastics was to find that elusive thing ''normality''

Now - I feel like I am normal - Yeah I have like 162inches of scars but they are the roads on my body showing the journey I have been on - It has been a long journey but mentally I believe it has made me a stronger person, a better person - I feel I lost myself back then and I had to lose myself to really FIND myself again. I cannot say my journey has been all roses there have been many many rocky roads along the way - But I have changed as a human along those roads...... So they have taught me so very much. I have met many people along those roads - Some who were only in my life for a short time but each of them have imparted things that have toughed me and helpd me so when I think back and remember hem I have things like the words they gave to me (Keep your eyes on the prize) and just little things that have helped me along the road to who and where I am today.

Today I am 126lbs, having lost 126lbs - I am half the person I used to be yet in that same breath I am twice the person I used to be - Emotionally, I am so vastly different....... Plastics gave me a gift that in many ways money cannot buy.... Even though it kinda did as it was bought with money....... But the gift my surgeon gave to me is just so amazing - His gift to me was a part that will always be close to my heart as he gave to me - ME! A me I never knew.

So I say - You ARE worth it! And nothing that helps you both mentally and physically is not worth it at any time of life - If you feel you will gain from it - Then go for it! OHO - (Only here once) And you hafta make life something you wont look back on and say 'I wish I had' - yeah there will be I wish I had nots - But - Life is foe living...... And you are worth it - It is worth it and I think yoiu are worth anything and everything <3

One day I hope to get my face done as losing all that weight has made me look 134yrs old LOL

Just had to babble that - lol

Thanks Scamp.. I do want to do all those things because I would like to look and feel good just one more time in this life :) I definitely have some self worth issues I am dealing with and I think I care way too much what others think about m (even though I deny caring what others think).

Appreciate your response.

Thanks Scamp.. I do want to do all those things because I would like to look and feel good just one more time in this life :) I definitely have some self worth issues I am dealing with and I think I care way too much what others think about m (even though I deny caring what others think).

I like you ( even though I'm young) spent my whole life trying to please everyone around me, worrying about what others thought of me.. And doing things to make them happy and not myself! I'm only 34, but I've been married then divorced... Had my 1st son at 17! I have never once thought about what I wanted or needed in life and strived to please everyone! Well this surgery plus the help of my second husband and therapist has taught me that I am just as important as everyone else on this planet and so is my happiness!!! I have learned soo much about myself and that I do matter !! If you want to look good, it's not vain, or crazy you are as young a you feel! And I personally think anyone deserves to feel good about there body at any age!! I was fortunate enough that my husband gave me the money for our fifth anniversary this year to get plastic surgery this coming Tuesday! I will be getting a Tummy Tuck, arm lift and breast lift and augmentation! Next year if my inner thighs are still horrible and haven't firmed up I will fix that too! He said he thinks I'm sexy and beautiful just the way I am hangy skin and all!!! But if I will feel better about myself by havin it fixed then he will pay for it!!! Frankly, I'm not sure who is more excited about the boobs, him or me? I went from a 40DD down to a 32 not even a B!!! But I can't wait!! And I think you should go for it if it makes you feel better!!! Your still young ; )

I like you ( even though I'm young) spent my whole life trying to please everyone around me, worrying about what others thought of me.. And doing things to make them happy and not myself! I'm only 34, but I've been married then divorced... Had my 1st son at 17! I have never once thought about what I wanted or needed in life and strived to please everyone! Well this surgery plus the help of my second husband and therapist has taught me that I am just as important as everyone else on this planet and so is my happiness!!! I have learned soo much about myself and that I do matter !! If you want to look good, it's not vain, or crazy you are as young a you feel! And I personally think anyone deserves to feel good about there body at any age!! I was fortunate enough that my husband gave me the money for our fifth anniversary this year to get plastic surgery this coming Tuesday! I will be getting a Tummy Tuck, arm lift and breast lift and augmentation! Next year if my inner thighs are still horrible and haven't firmed up I will fix that too! He said he thinks I'm sexy and beautiful just the way I am hangy skin and all!!! But if I will feel better about myself by havin it fixed then he will pay for it!!! Frankly, I'm not sure who is more excited about the boobs, him or me? I went from a 40DD down to a 32 not even a B!!! But I can't wait!! And I think you should go for it if it makes you feel better!!! Your still young ; )

Agree.. The removal of excess skin resulting from loss of substantial weight is very important for our health and well-being. For me plastic surgery is inevitable at some point in our future. I had done some cosmetic procedures in Mexico, and was so happy and fulfilling that I did it. Undergoing surgery is a daunting enough notion as it is - and international travel makes it all the more so. My friend recommend a trusted Medical Tourism company called PlacidWay who was able to assist me with my surgery in Mexico. Their website helps you track down average surgery costs for a wide variety of treatments in different countries, so you can ask them of the estimated price on your type of surgery in Mexico. Plastic surgeries aren’t always about vanity, many people are probably far more successful than they were prior to it.

I checked into the lifestyle lift. I went for my consult, which was with a sales lady, you don't even get to meet a Doctor until they have you on the table and you don't get to pick which of the 4 Doctors they had working there....I woman actually took the sides of my face and pulled them back and said see this is what you will look like....No thanks, I want to meet the actual Doctor talk with him...I was able to find a surgeon that cost less than the lifestyle lift and have a lower face/neck lift done....After doing some more checking I realized it was not worth it at all. Even though they do have convincing commercials...