Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you hope to get smaller than your goal? Why or why not?

At 160 you would have a BMI of 27 which is considered overweight. Obese is greater than 30 BMI

I was at my heavyest a size 17\18, then was got up to a 13/14 through out the years, by the time I had my gastric bypass in Sept 13 I was a size 13/14 I am now a size 7/8 in wranglers and a size 5/6 in a different brand jeans. I really don't want to get any smaller as I want to look healthy and not start to look gaunt. My doctor wants me to lose another 25 pounds, however I think that will be alittle too skinny for me. I have the tools now for what I need to do, to lose the weight and to keep on exercising a few days a week so that I don't bounce back to my unhealthy lifestyle that is in the past...I never want to go back there and hope nobody else does either.

My original goal was 135 pounds, (I'm 5'6 and that puts me smack in the middle of healthy BMI, plus it's an even 100 pound loss, lol), but after losing 85 pounds and chatting with my doc, I adjusted my goal up by 10 pounds which puts me 5 pounds from goal. I'm in a size 6 now (and some of them are loose), which is a size I've NEVER seen in my adult life as I was overweight even as a child. I'm keeping a stretch goal of 135 and at the rate I'm going, I'll make that too! Doc says as long as I stay within the healthy BMI zone, it's all good. Friends\family are starting to be more vocal about telling me to stop now! I'm not sure how to stop, exactly! I know its about calories in vs calories burned, but I have no intention of dialing back the exercise, (1 hr, 5 days per week), and I don't know how I can eat more without eating more junk! I already eat what I like in small quantities which includes treats fairly often and 2 planned Snacks per day. Hoping my body will "adjust" when the time comes!

My original goal was 220 and once I hit it I changed it to 185. I am almost there but even at 185 my BMI says I am still quite the fatty but that's OK. I feel pretty good!

I am just going to come right out and say it...I want to be skinny. I was a small child and did not become overweight until after I had kids. I am 5'4" and I have a goal weight of 135; however, I have not been at that weight for about 30+ years. If and when I reach my 135 pound goal I am really going to have to evaluate whether or not I am done.

I know this journey is about way more than being skinny, but I still wonder all the time what it would be like to be that small.

I don't have a specific size goal. I think for my frame and height 135 would be my ideal size, but I will be happy with my listed goal weight of 150. I don't want to get so restrictive that all I do is exercise or count carbs or anything. I have a tendency to be a control freak about things. I don't want to stray into eating disorder territory because of a size ideal or number. No sense going from over eating to malnourishment!

I would love, love, love to be lower than my goal weight! However, after losing quite a bit of weight and going from a size 24-26 to a size 16-18 I can't get under 200 lbs. I've increased my activity, lowered my calorie intake by 200 calories a day and it's driving me insane! My goal weight is 160 but wanted to go below my goal to 145. My PCP would be happy if I was 180 but I wouldn't. I weighed 178 when I got married 43 years ago (I've been widowed for awhile) but I would be so happy to be under my goal.

I just want to stay healthy a long time. If skinny comes, okay.

I was never really below a size 11/12 as a teen and was about 150. I'm pretty short at 5'2". My goal is about 145-150 although I wouldn't mind getting into the 130's. I want to get to a size 8. Mostly though I want to be rid of my many asthma attacks during the summer and TMI Alert: my spastic bladder problems. Otherwise I ultametly want to settle below 150 after the regain.

The short answer is yes. I have become a little lazy lately so maybe I am taking a breather... But promise to get back on the horse again soon!!

I once was a size 34/36 and now I'm a size 12 pant and large top.

I have reached goal but my surgeon would like me to get smaller so my BMI is in the normal range.

I'm going to try to get down further and see what happens.

I hope I can get to where they want me.

Edited by Chelly

Twenty years ago I dropped to 111 pounds at 5ft 4in. You could see all my ribs on my back! I looked deathly ill.

Ten years ago, I weighed 150 pounds through of OA. Today I am at 150 pounds, at 9 mos out. My surgeon did not give me a goal. I am very happy about that. It would be a way I would sabotage myself.

I still have a large bra size (though I sag to my waist - LOL). I was 44 J (yes, you read that right) and am now a 35 H. My blouse size was 3x and am now down to a Large. Pants size was 22 down to a 12 now.

I had my eyes on 135 # as a security blanket goal to prepare for the rebound which statistically happens between years 2 and 3.

However, to keep my goal manageable, I've settled on 143 # as my new goal. 7 pounds seems manageable whereas 10 # does not.

I can hear my surgeons short, but potent piece of wisdom; "carbs are how you gained weight, exercise is how you will maintain your new weight."

Cheers, everyone, to all of us brave and courageous folks who made a commitment to take on a new way of life.

Regardless of your weight or dress size,

you are becoming more and more healthy with everyday.

Yes because the trend is to bounce up a bit once you hit a low... I want to be able to scale within a healthy range for me, so if I get lower than goal, I have a bit of a window that I can fluctuate within and still remain in compliance with myself.

How did you get to. Zero???? Wow. Tell you secrets! My smallest was size 10 in high school and nutritionist said i would get to 160. My MD told me 40% minimal. I am actually scared I won't lose much at all!! Please share you typical day