Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you hope to get smaller than your goal? Why or why not?

I don't want to be be skinny, honestly. I want to be at a weight that I feel confident and I am healthy.

I also have never preferred skinny women over a healthy (read curvy) woman. That stood even before I was a heavy guy. I just think girls that are skinny look fragile and not attractive.

I think everyone's goals should be to feel good about yourself. When you can look in the mirror and be happy with your results, you have succeeded. Personally I would like to get to a 36-38 in waist and a XL-2XL shirt.

Let me clarify: when I said "skinny" I didn't mean boney, gaunt looking - I simply meant smaller than your goal. No, there's really nothing wrong with striving for more of a goal than just being healthy, in my opinion. We've all had some kind of obesity related issue, so it's okay to want to look in the mirror and say "Wow! I look great!" ;-) Stay true, always.

I know this has to be on everyone's mind, their final results. I did get very, very "skinny" post op VSG. I got down to a size 0... though my goal was only to get to a size 8. I said I'd be happy to be out of the double-digit pants (a very far cry from my largest size 28W!!) and honestly never imagined even getting that small. But I did and I blew right past a size 8. I kept telling myself that I never wanted to get too skinny, but I won't lie - the smaller I got the more I liked it. It's no secret I've gained some back, but now that I'm back on track I know I won't mind getting back into my size 0's again. In fact I have them hanging up outside my closet ready to be re-worn. I'm not that far away, time passes and pounds melt away. How do you feel about getting "skinny"? Do you want to? It's okay to be open about it, we're all thinking the same things believe it or not. No matter which surgery we've individually had, we do all share majority of the same shames and struggles as each other. B)

So how did you actually get down to a 0? Did you work super hard to get to that size or did you just keep losing and it just happened? Just curious? I wonder if I will get down to a size that I've never even imagined getting to. I started at a size 24....no idea what size I am now but the smallest I've ever been is a 12 and id like to get back there. That's my goal but I wonder if I could get smaller and still be healthy and happy.

@@beeteroo yes that is exactly my point... I never thought I could get as small as I did. I was extremely healthy and even more happy. I was athletic, I ate really good healthy food (no I never ever starved myself), stayed well hydrated... it just came off. That is the size I'm supposed to be. Some think it's way too small of a size, but hey... it's my size.

That said, my usual size I could get either a 2 or a 4 at other places. Sizes vary - but like I said the premise of this thread is to say don't count yourself out when you really aren't finished. I could lose another 10 Lbs and still be considered a healthy weight and body fat. It's in the cards too.

It's not easy to imagine being a "skinny girl", but the fact is at our all true healthy weights we really are. And it's okay to want that for ourselves.

Interesting @@LilMissDiva Irene I have never been stalked before...lol Funny but I am not afraid of plastics...Looking forward to that.....Just not interested in being a stick figure before it is removed...bla!!!!!!!!!!!

I've never been skinny, or small in any way. I was wearing size 16 when I entered high school, and was near 200 lbs when I started college. And I was a pudgy little girl too (although it was PC to say 'big boned' back then). I know what the BMI charts say my ideal weight is, and that's my goal weight, but honestly, it will be one of those wait and see situations. I just want to be healthy. And if I could somehow attain single-digits in clothing, all the better :) As long as I'm healthy, I'm not too worried about numbers.

I would love to be in a size 10 once again. I was 10 years ago it was awesome!

This is why I have two goal weights. The first one is my high school weight, 180 lbs, and was a size 11-13 (junior's). My second weight loss goal is 140 lbs. I have no idea what size that would be since I think it was probably elementary/middle school that I was that weight. I remember I got my "curves" in 7th grade and I gained weight, then started high school around 170. 180 was my highest weight though. AND I THOUGHT I WAS SO FAT!!! Granted, everyone I hung out with was tiny.

Anyways, whenever I look at pictures from high school, I say, omg, I'm so skinny! So to me, 180 is skinny. However, I'd definitely like to be in a size 8-10. I'd be beyond happy with that.

Seven years ago, I was a size 6/8 which put me between 130 & 140 pounds. I was happy with that.. I'd be happy with that again. In all honesty though, I would really kinda like to get down to 110-120ish though. Not exactly cause I want to be that skinny forever.. but it seems like if I could get down that small, I'd have less fat to deal with and maybe my skin would shrink up more? That might just be hopeless, but ya know.. a girl can dream. After that though, I could just focus on working out, building muscle, and maintaining diet wise until I got to a size that looked curvy and fit. That's really my ultimate goal no matter what.

Since it's a different question, I'll give a different answer.

When I started all this, I THOUGHT my ultimate goal would be 140 lbs (that would be 100 lbs lost). I breezed through that. And my doc gave me a goal of 132 (even though he said he'd be happy with me in the 140s). Once I got to 132, I didn't know what to do. I never thought of being that small. Even as a teen, I never weighed less than 170. My surgeon's new goal is 115 lbs by May 2015. I then told him I wanted to start lifting (heavy) weights. So, we now have no clue what my next weight goal is... But here's MY goal: lift my body weight without gaining weight.

Honestly, I'm shocked by my current weight. But now that I'm here, I'm wanting to go a little lower.

When I began my weightloss journey I wanted to get down to a single digit size. I weighed 140, wearing size 9 pants in my 20's for a short time only and was curvy and had a flatter stomach. I made goal and am now wearing size 4/6 now but of course more loose skin because I am now in my 40's and two children later. My husband says I am skinny than I was then and should not lose anymore, but I would like to be maybe be 10 pounds lighter just to be prepared for menopause and I like the feeling of being skinnier and not so much curves.

When I started my journey, at 287, my nut set a goal of 180. I didn't care at the time, just wanted to get to a place that felt good, and looked good. Now, I have lost 29 pounds, having surgery on 6-16-14 and I'm thinking 180 is too big for my frame. I'm starting to wonder what number would be right for my size. I am 5'6", and small boned, so based on the charts, I was thinking 135, but I don't want to get attached to that number and fail to attain it.

I know this has to be on everyone's mind, their final results. I did get very, very small post op VSG. I got down to a size 0... though my goal was only to get to a size 8. I said I'd be happy to be out of the double-digit pants (a very far cry from my largest size 28W!!) and honestly never imagined even getting that small. But I did and I blew right past a size 8. I kept telling myself that I never wanted to get too skinny, but I won't lie - the smaller I got the more I liked it. It's no secret I've gained some back, but now that I'm back on track I know I won't mind getting back into my size 0's again. In fact I have them hanging up outside my closet ready to be re-worn. I'm not that far away, time passes and pounds melt away. How do you feel about getting "skinny"? Do you want to? It's okay to be open about it, we're all thinking the same things believe it or not. No matter which surgery we've individually had, we do all share majority of the same shames and struggles as each other. B)

I guess as long as you're healthy that is all that matters In my adult life I have never been smaller than a 14. I would love to wear a 12 pant. Time will tell Also being over 60 makes a difference

My hope is to reach 150. It would be nice to reach 135. However, that would be the lowest that I would feel comfortable with.

I'm a size 8 and I don't really have a desire to be smaller, though I would like to tone and that alone will make me smaller I guess.