Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Papaya enzyme

I need help. I got a small .25cc fill last Tuesday and I'm not sure if I'm too tight now or if something is stuck. I called my doctor and they wanted me to try and wait to see if it's something stuck if it will pass. I went and got papaya enzymes to try but I'm not sure how long it suppose to take to start working or how many to take? Any help would be appreciated. :(

I heard aloe vera works as a loosened agent also..

What are your symptoms?

I've never been one who believes in these "stuck" cures. Your pouch is part of your stomach. Stomach acids will break down most any food within the pouch in just a few hours or less. Sometimes stuck food can cause some minor damage/trauma to the stoma area causing inflammation. Swelling/inflammation can block all foods and liquids from passing. This can feel like you're stuck.

Sucking or chewing on ice can help Water pass and the cold may reduce the swelling. jmo

I have tightness feeling and even struggle to get my Protein Shake, Greek yogurt and Water down. It has been uncomfortable to me. I took my tablet about an hour ago and it seems to have made it more comfortable for me now. I have been sipping on water and ice. Thanks you guys

I got a fill about 11 days ago and it took about 4 days before it seemed to kick in. I've been really struggling to get anything down in the mornings but I've adjusted the foods I eat but mostly how fast, how big and how much I chew and it's getting better. This last fill has made me tighter than ever but also more satiety than ever so I'm a happy camper now.

If you can still get fluids down, give it a few more days and work on those eating skills. I know it took me nearly a year to get that part of it down.

I know people who swear by it, and never leave home without it....

Years ago when I worked in ER, we had common meat tenderizer on hand that we would mix with warm Water and have the patient sip....

meat tenderizer was my next option. However the papaya enzyme tablets work for me. ???? so I'm back on liquids today and start mushies tomorrow. Thanks for advice. I can always count on great suggestions from you guys.

I had issues with my last fill. they kept me on liquids for 2 days. When I never loosened up at all they had to take a little out. But I have never tried papaya enzymes, or meat tenderizers or aloe or anything.

Good to know. I have some papaya tabs I got at GNC. Bought to aid in digestion bc a friend told me they helped her. I haven't taken tho.