Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Help with protein shake.

I am not getting the band till Aug 9th but I am trying to stock up on all the stuff I will need before hand. The only thing I am having a hard time it the is the Protein Shake. I have been trying this one called Isopure and I can't drink it because of the really bad taste:eek: I would like to know what you guys have been doing and witch ones are the best overall and the best with the taste. Thank you.

My doctor told me medifast. I like the "ready to go" in dutch choclate flavor. has lots of Vitamins, 90 calories, 11 grams of Protein, and only 1 gram of fat. MUCH better then most. But, the powder isn't as good. The straw is a pain, but the drink is pretty good. Also, medifast has hot chocklate for 110 calories, with a 14 grams of protein and again, lots of vitamins. go online and order, thdy come to your house. I ordered 3 cases of the ready to go, and i am out of them, ready to reorder.

BTW, good luck. I love being banded.

Dr. curry's dietician said to make sure the Isopure zero carb ones are really cold--they taste better that way. I also bought the unjury chocolate and vanilla Protein shakes--I'm not being banded until 5/7 but I bought some things ahead. On the Unjury site there is also a book you can buy called "Weight Loss for Dummies" and the Unjury shakes are recommended in there with recipes. good luck!

Amy

I am not getting the band till Aug 9th but I am trying to stock up on all the stuff I will need before hand. The only thing I am having a hard time it the is the Protein shake. I have been trying this one called Isopure and I can't drink it because of the really bad taste:eek: I would like to know what you guys have been doing and witch ones are the best overall and the best with the taste. Thank you.

I could not handle any of the Protein drinks till I tried "Nectar Ice tea" flavor. It is still nasty but I could get it down without too much trouble. I found slim fast and other canned Meal Replacement stuff hard to take right after surgery. Your stomach swells and you need stuff to be really thin for the first week or so till that subsides.

I drink the Bariatric Advantage ready to shake shakes. The chocolate and strawberry are really yummy. The vanilla is pretty good, but I find it's missing something. There are 15 grams of Protein in each shake. They come in a bottle with the powder and then you just add Water to it.

I order them from www.bariatricadvantage.com

I also take the BA chewable vitamins.

They sell a sampler pack of there products (protein and vitamins). It's a good way to see what you like.

Good luck!

Hi,

My favorite Protein drink is unjury. It comes in several flavore, vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, unflavored and chicken broth. They don't have a gross aftertaste and mix easily in whatever liquid you want. Two of my favorites are chocolate in my coffee, kinda like a mocha latte or I make an awesome fruit smoothy with frozen fruit about 1/2 cup of Water and the strawberry flavor. I blend it and it's thick like a shake. I order off the internet at Unjury.com. Hope this helps, a good Protein Drink is hard to find!!

Kathryn

Banded 6/08/06

Dr. Richard Benavides

I HAVE TRIED SEVERAL AND FOUND THAT I LIKE Protein DELIGHT strawberry WHITE CHOC. YOU GAVE GET samples OF IT AT bariatriceating.com and vitalady.com I HAVE ALSO TRIED nectar FUZY NAVEL AND SOME KIND OF coffee FLAVOR LATTE. I LIKE TO TRY THE SAMPLES BEFORE I ORDER BIG TUBS. GOOD LUCK!!!!!

I bought the Isopure bottled drink and wasn't too crazy about it either, but for the 1st week of Clear Liquids, I hung in there. Then, I got the Isopure Dutch chocolate at GNC and mixed it with Skim Plus Milk--Gave me 61 Protein and 330 Cals. Good for liquid /Soup Stage. When I went to Mushies I reduced the scoops to 1 = 220 cal. 36 Protein. Just went off the shake today, since I'm eating so much protein. Another tip I learned was to Take a mouthful every couple of hours to space out your protein intake and/or take the edge off hunger. GNC also had a CLUB to join $ for discounts.

I too am looking at the different Protein options out there. I have found that I really like the nectur and xyience. I also found that they taste much better when I have blended them with my 1 serving blender rather than me trying to shake it by hand. I too had tried the Isopure and it tasted so badly to me that I almost vomited. My husband loved it though. Good luck and if you fine some good ones, please do not hesitate to share.

EAS Carb Control ready to drink...a little expensive...but yummy...drank them even before I was banded! Good Luck!