Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can't believe I am writing this but yes I haven't pooped in like 5 days. Maybe more. It wasn't till yesterday when I realized I hadn't really gone and to be honest the numbers on the scale were going up!!! I follow everything to a tee!!! I'm a lap ban angel. Anyways this is totally embarrassing and gross to talk about but I am pretty uncomfortable. I have been taking a powder laxitative since last night so only a little came out. Gosh so gross to admit. But I'm at a point where I need help. I don't want to get impacted...I think that's what happens.... I'm only 25 and to be honest I don't think over ever been constipated before.

#1, if you're still on pain meds, get off. They'll plug you up for 5 days :o

I use Dulcolax and it will roto rooter you like a Geologist on a Fracking rig. I'll spare you the details :blush: :blush:

Mirilax and yes...as TMF says, get off the pain meds if you are still on them. Oh, and while we're on the topic...I have found another solution for this problem....which I've been suffering from since being banded. I get acupuncture for back pain but told her about the Constipation and while the back is not better unfortunately, the digestion is much better. I've been going regularly for a month now. You all can appreciate how much of a relief this is.

Hang in there Zara...we've all been where you are. If necessary, call the doctor's office on Monday for some additional help.

I used smooth moth organic tea. It really helped I drink a cup ether very early in the morning or in the evening after I have settled in for the night. It works great! And you can get it at just about any grocery store!

post-217390-0-70657600-1402147212_thumb.jpg

#1, if you're still on pain meds, get off. They'll plug you up for 5 days :o

I use Dulcolax and it will roto rooter you like a Geologist on a Fracking rig. I'll spare you the details :blush: :blush:

LOL!!

I use Miralax regularly; every other day. I'm a lot older than the original poster, and Constipation has been an ongoing issue. Miralax isn't a stimulant laxative, and works "gentle wonders".

Thanks everyone. I've started to clear out some... I didn't take any pain meds never needed any. #thankful

I still feel clogged tho. I will be calling on Monday. I haven't lost any weight in my third week yet I'm barely eating anything compared to what I ate before the band was terrible.

For immediate relieve I use glycerin suppository. They go INSIDE your mud-hole and it takes about 10-15 minutes to work. You will feel a little cramping (nothing you can't handle) and you should hold it no less than 10 minutes. Now, go!! Go get your Fleet glycerin suppository :D

Can't believe I am writing this but yes I haven't pooped in like 5 days. Maybe more. It wasn't till yesterday when I realized I hadn't really gone and to be honest the numbers on the scale were going up!!! I follow everything to a tee!!! I'm a lap ban angel. Anyways this is totally embarrassing and gross to talk about but I am pretty uncomfortable. I have been taking a powder laxitative since last night so only a little came out. Gosh so gross to admit. But I'm at a point where I need help. I don't want to get impacted...I think that's what happens.... I'm only 25 and to be honest I don't think over ever been constipated before.

Try ballerina tea at night. All natural. You will go by morning

It has to come out eventually hahah you'll probs drop 5lbs once it comes out.

Try Milk of Mag. Doesn't taste the best but it was the ONLY thing that worked for me and I tried EVERYTHING! I even went to my regular doctor because I was in so much pain and discomfort and I wasn't sure what was going on and she did an x-ray and said....yep you're full of shit:-)

hey girl! miralax wasnt helping me much either. i never had a problem before either, im 26, so, close to you. i ended up having to take some colace which sucks because it gives me really bad stomach cramping.

the more i workout now, the better my digestion is. i'm not sure if the pre-workouts i take have anything to do with that, since they have some stimulants in them .

also, as for the 3rd week slow down, i was there too. your body is trying to get use to all the trauma it was just put through. i'm only 4.5 weeks post-op, so i feel your pain.

Thanks everyone. I've started to clear out some... I didn't take any pain meds never needed any. #thankful

I still feel clogged tho. I will be calling on Monday. I haven't lost any weight in my third week yet I'm barely eating anything compared to what I ate before the band was terrible.

Edited by betty_s

Thanks again everyone. I talked to the nurse at my band doctors office. She said to try adding some benefiber to my diet. Any comments? Also I dropped one lb my third week. Does that sound normal. I def have a bigger appetite now but I am still eating small and soft ish. Where should I be on the start of my 4th week.