Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone in Central or Eastern Washington?

I am new here, and I am trying to find a good Doctor. Has anyone out there had the Lap band done in Tri-Cities or Spokane? I have been seeing commercials lately, but I don't really want to go to a doctor who has not done very many procedures. My insurance is BCBS and they WILL pay, but I have to go to someone who is contracted with them. Has anyone found a good doctor who is contracted?

TheLid,

I went with Dr. John Pennings in Post Falls, ID. I don't know if your insurance will work with him, but I'd recommend him to anyone. I live in Spokane, WA. I had surgery 12/21/05. I was self-pay. Check out sbnsurg.com, that's Dr. Pennings website. He is great and they just got their Center For Excellence rating or whatever it's called. Good Luck!

Alynne

I live in Moses Lake. I called Dr. Pennings office, but I don't know if they will be able to work with my schedule. I am in nursing school and it just doesn't leave me a lot of time to drive clear to Post Falls for appointments. I want to get my crazy summer quarter over with before being banded. It would be great if I could get everything lined up by the end of May and then wait to get my surgery until the beginning of August. I am probably just living in a dream world, hoping that everything will go smoothly.

Moses Lake is a little farther to Post Falls than Spokane. As for the Nursing school, been there done that. I've been a RN for 21 years, I remember it well, very busy. Maybe you can find a Doctor closer. Good Luck! It would be eaier for follow-up care also.

I am new here, and I am trying to find a good Doctor. Has anyone out there had the Lap band done in Tri-Cities or Spokane? I have been seeing commercials lately, but I don't really want to go to a doctor who has not done very many procedures. My insurance is BCBS and they WILL pay, but I have to go to someone who is contracted with them. Has anyone found a good doctor who is contracted?

I'm having Dr Earl Fox do my surgery. They have an office in Richland too. So far everythings been great and I'm scheduled for next Friday ;)

Their website is http://www.aboutsurgicalweightloss.com/

Good Luck!

I am going to a seminar with Dr Fox on Friday! I have been making a list of all the questions I want to ask. It is getting quite long.

nbjen-- What made you decide to go with him?

Moses Lake is a little farther to Post Falls than Spokane. As for the Nursing school, been there done that. I've been a RN for 21 years, I remember it well, very busy. Maybe you can find a Doctor closer. Good Luck! It would be eaier for follow-up care also.

Thanks Angelnurse. I am loving nursing school, but it is one of the hardest things I have ever done! Are there any special things I need to know about living with the Lap-Band as a nurse? Will I be able to work a 12 hr shift without having to snack all the time?

You need to find a good Protein Bar that you like, there are a gazillion out there. My fav is Twisted, you get it at costco in a variety box with 8 each of chocolate, vanilla and Peanut Butter. They have 15 grams of Protein and taste yummy. I'd also recommend a good Protein Shake, as I know as a Nurse you don't always get your breaks or they are real quick. My fav protein shake is GNC ON (Optimal Nutrition) 100% whey Gold Standard in double rich chocolate and vanilla ice cream. I add benefiber, SF pudding (to thicken) and SF syrups to flavor. I have a protein shake every morning for Breakfast and at work for a meal. In between the protein shake, I have a protein bar. I usually only work 8 to 10 hours shifts but I do better if I don't go longer than 4 hours without protein. At first it can be hard but after a little while it becomes habit. It's very important to get all your Water in too! If you have anymore questions. feel free to ask.

I had my lap band through Dr. Trotter in Spokane. He is wonderful. I do not know if he is contracted. He does surgery mainly at Holy Family, and the Valley in Spokane. We also have a support group on the second Tuesday of the month. would love to have more join us.

deb

You need to find a good Protein bar that you like, there are a gazillion out there. My fav is Twisted, you get it at costco in a variety box with 8 each of chocolate, Vanilla and Peanut Butter. They have 15 grams of Protein and taste yummy. I'd also recommend a good protein shake, as I know as a Nurse you don't always get your breaks or they are real quick. My fav Protein Shake is GNC ON (Optimal Nutrition) 100% Whey Gold Standard in double rich chocolate and vanilla ice cream. I add benefiber, SF pudding (to thicken) and SF syrups to flavor. I have a protein shake every morning for breakfast and at work for a meal. In between the protein shake, I have a protein bar. I usually only work 8 to 10 hours shifts but I do better if I don't go longer than 4 hours without protein. At first it can be hard but after a little while it becomes habit. It's very important to get all your Water in too! If you have anymore questions. feel free to ask.

Alynne, I see you have had a lower body lift. What is that? and did insurance pay? thanks,

deb

I will be having my surgery with Dr. E. Fox on 3/18/08 in Tri-Cities area. So far everything has been amazing including his office staff!

I live in Walla Walla and had my band put in about 24 hours ago. My fills will be done by Dr. Heap in Richland.

I called his office and was told he does fills only on Monday afternoons. Its the closest, otherwise Spokane.

Dr. Trotter is a preferred provider of BCBS he did mine and I have that insurance. I am very happy with my results.

pattijo. I know it's hard to get a hold of Dr. Fox but he really is an amazing surgeon! He is so supportive. and his office will bend over backwards to get your insurance to pay. Here is a website that has other reviews of Dr. Fox.

Bariatric Surgeon Profile - Earl R. Fox

and his number is 509-943-0710.