Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you ladies recommend ?

In looking back to when I was in the hospital after my RNY, I think the one thing that turned out very important was my chapstick. Since you cannot drink, or I couldn't at least, until after my Upper GI test the morning after surgery, my lips were incredibly dry and uncomfortable. Using my favorite chapstick was very soothing.

Want to know what I should take to the hospital ? ?????

I dunno how people can shower?? We have been told not to, coz we had stitches and drains. There is a high risk of infection plus warm Water will soften your wounds and they can easily open up. I would not recommend a shower. You can however shower downstairs :D I did that too, and sponge bath on the top. In exchange I am 7 weeks out and my incisions are beautifully healed.

Do not forget to take one extra pair of slippers with you that can be used in the shower. You do not want to go home with fungus. Other than that I took my own everything, at least 1 nightgown for each day.

9 days post op. used hospital gowns. Brought my own toiletries. Took one shower on third day. Ear plugs a must. Phone eyeglasses fan pillow. Favorite Protein shake mix. In fortunately back in hospital tonight due to possible blood clots and pneumonia. But I know I'm in good hands. It's 3 am and I'm still wide awake. Hope all goes well for you.

Yikes what's that pain like ? The blood clot pain ? I heard that's very common in the bypass

I dunno how people can shower?? We have been told not to, coz we had stitches and drains. There is a high risk of infection plus warm Water will soften your wounds and they can easily open up. I would not recommend a shower. You can however shower downstairs :D I did that too, and sponge bath on the top. In exchange I am 7 weeks out and my incisions are beautifully healed. Do not forget to take one extra pair of slippers with you that can be used in the shower. You do not want to go home with fungus. Other than that I took my own everything, at least 1 nightgown for each day.

They wrapped my middle in plastic and tape. I had a drain and feeding tube. I cut a trash bag and taped it around everything when I got home. Nothing got wet and everything healed well.

I'll do as the doctors say but I need to keep my wooha clean. And my hair as well lol

I'll do as the doctors say but I need to keep my wooha clean. And my hair as well lol

Yea, my hair was crazy looking after 3 days of no shower. Lol. And with my period starting again I just felt nasty. Gotta keep the lady parts clean lol.

I showered day after bypass surgery. Took my own cozy pjs, slippers, extension cord for my phone and charger. My own pillow (very important) my own quilt (they never give you enough blankets) ear plugs (hospitals are LOUD) luckily I had my own room but if you have a roommate that snores good luck! Toothbrush, toothpaste, Shampoo, conditioner, razor. hair ties, cozy socks, earphones. I walked a lot after surgery and I can't function without a shower and brushed teeth. I used all of the above lol

My doc said no problem to showering just don't let the Water hit directly on the incisions and pat dry. My incisions have healed nicely and I am 2 weeks out. I showered every day since day of surgery too.

My doc said no problem to showering just don't let the Water hit directly on the incisions and pat dry. My incisions have healed nicely and I am 2 weeks out. I showered every day since day of surgery too.

Lol girl I can't go without shower and brushed teeth 2 times a day for both. I'll be taking a couple things I know I'll be using ..

Lol!!! I have to shower at least once a day too, a lot of times twice. I take one as soon as I get up and if I workout or go in my hot tub I always take a second one.. And I am OCD about teeth. My dentist has actually reprimanded me for over brushing! I was like uhh what!!? Lol he said I was destroying my enamel from over brushing. I like clean teeth haha

Lol me too girl.. What's normal heart beat per minute ladies

It's not common to have blood clots after RNY. I never had one and know a lot of people don't get them if you follow what the doc says. When you are in the hospital you have to walk to avoid clots and to pass gas. And when you are laying down in the bed make sure you use compression socks cause they help with the blood flow. Also when you are in a lot of pain the last thing you worry about is taking a bath and all you want to do is get out of the hospital. At my hospital they gave us blankets...when I got home on my 4th I took a shower but while I was in the hospital, I couldn't have been bothered with it. I was in too much pain.

It's not common to have blood clots after RNY. I never had one and know a lot of people don't get them if you follow what the doc says. When you are in the hospital you have to walk to avoid clots and to pass gas. And when you are laying down in the bed make sure you use compression socks cause they help with the blood flow. Also when you are in a lot of pain the last thing you worry about is taking a bath and all you want to do is get out of the hospital. At my hospital they gave us blankets...when I got home on my 4th I took a shower but while I was in the hospital, I couldn't have been bothered with it. I was in too much pain.

Aw ok... My heart rate was at 92 per minute I don't know if that's ok.. Super excited though to have the surgery so all these health issues can just go bye bye

You will do great. Just make sure you follow your surgeons plan and everything will work out. Good luck and wish you all the best. Praying for you!

You will do great. Just make sure you follow your surgeons plan and everything will work out. Good luck and wish you all the best. Praying for you!

Yes I know thank you. I met with him on Wednesday. He said the next time he'll see me is surgery day.. It's all sinking in like whoaaaa lol I'm so ready