Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you ladies recommend ?

Want to know what I should take to the hospital ? ?????

I'm preop -- when I had the presurgery meeting at the hospital, they told me to really limit what I bring. They said I probably won't shower there (although I will definitely push to -- I NEVER feel human in the morning if I don't get a shower) but if I do they'll have Shampoo and soap. Don't need food or meds. Don't need extra clothes because I'll be in hospital gowns. Don't need lotions and such -- IV keeps you from hand lotions, etc.

I'm planning to take my phone and kindle (won't be without that), reading glasses for all the forms I'll have to sign preop, toothbrush and toothpaste (even if they provide, I want my own) and some lip balm (although I've heard they'll also provide that). I have short hair so don't need a brush or scrunchies but I'm sure that's on the longer-haired ladies lists. Change of undies.

May get a couple of rag magazines (People, US, etc.) for when the TV is boring.

Lol, I have to shower it's a must I can't do a day without taking my 2'showers yuck. I always take my own things more because I have type sensitive skin so I use aveeno. I'll take my phone and iPad ( hope the hospital has wifi ) my own towel and blanket. I sleep with a specific blanket lol ( they better crank that ac all the way up ) I'm so existed my surgery is late June early July.. But they didn't put me on a pre op diet

You guys are funny. When I was in the hospital the last thing I cared for was to take a shower or brush my teeth or even read my kindle. I was in pain and all I wanted was to rest or get out of the hospital. But when I did get home I took a nice shower. I was in the hospital for 4 days and the crappy part is that I had my period. So the point is that you can make all the plans you want but it won't happen that way. I did have my phone to talk to my family and I barely watched tv. Good luck!

Don't forget chargers. I also took an extension cord. It was helpful because my chair wasn't even close to the outlet. I wore hospital gowns while there until my departure date. Be prepared because you may start your period after surgery.

I was in the hospital for 5 days. The showers were the best thing ever. Good luck! : )

Don't forget chargers. I also took an extension cord. It was helpful because my chair wasn't even close to the outlet. I wore hospital gowns while there until my departure date. Be prepared because you may start your period after surgery. <br><br> I was in the hospital for 5 days. The showers were the best thing ever. Good luck! : )

Lol, I have my period right now. I'm getting surgery hopefully end of June.. Or early July.

I took my own pajamas; I absolutely hate hospital gowns. I got some pretty interesting looks (& a lot of smiles) while walking the halls in my yellow t-shirt and fuzzy, very brightly colored M & M pajama bottoms! :P

You'll want to take your phone and/or tablet, charger, reading materials, toothbrush/toothpaste, hairbrush, underwear, etc. Wear something loose and comfortable to the hospital and you can just wear that home. That way you won't need to pack extra clothes. I brought my own slippers, too.

<p><span style="font-family:'comic sans ms', cursive;"><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">I took my own pajamas; I absolutely hate hospital gowns. I got some pretty interesting looks (& a lot of smiles) while walking the halls in my yellow t-shirt and fuzzy, very brightly colored M & M pajama bottoms!</span></span></span> :P</p> <p><span style="font-family:'comic sans ms', cursive;"><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">You'll want to take your phone and/or tablet, charger, reading materials, toothbrush/toothpaste, hairbrush, underwear, etc. Wear something loose and comfortable to the hospital and you can just wear that home. That way you won't need to pack extra clothes. I brought my own slippers, too.</span></span></span></p>

We have the same thinking lol I don't want to be wearing the gowns all the time during my stay. I'll be taking my own everything.

I was in for 2 days, and I don't remember really reading much of anything, or using a tablet. If I wasn't walking or sleeping, I had visitors, and my husband kept me company. I brought my own toiletries, and I did take a shower there. Also, I am not a fan of hospital socks, so slippers for sure.

<p>I was in for 2 days, and I don't remember really reading much of anything, or using a tablet. If I wasn't walking or sleeping, I had visitors, and my husband kept me company. I brought my own toiletries, and I did take a shower there. Also, I am not a fan of hospital socks, so slippers for sure. </p>

Yes me too. I'm real picky with all that stuff I prefer taking my own personal everything

I did take pjs but was comfortable in a gown cause I had an IV plus pain meds machine and I had a Jackson Pratt to drain right below my breast and having to wear my own pjs was impossible. I also used the disposable underwear they gave me and they also gave me mouth wash which I barely used. The first 2 days I was there I couldn't drink anything cause I had a nose tube then 3rd day they had to check if the liquid would go down and I had to drink some crappy stuff which finally made me pass gas and crap. And then I was able to drink Soup and Water which was difficult to get it down and then 4th day in the afternoon I was discharged. I couldn't have showered with the drainage and stitches on me. So I don't know how people showered in that condition.

I did take pjs but was comfortable in a gown cause I had an IV plus pain meds machine and I had a Jackson Pratt to drain right below my breast and having to wear my own pjs was impossible. I also used the disposable underwear they gave me and they also gave me mouth wash which I barely used. The first 2 days I was there I couldn't drink anything cause I had a nose tube then 3rd day they had to check if the liquid would go down and I had to drink some crappy stuff which finally made me pass gas and crap. And then I was able to drink Soup and Water which was difficult to get it down and then 4th day in the afternoon I was discharged. I couldn't have showered with the drainage and stitches on me. So I don't know how people showered in that condition.

Yikes loll.. Every single day I must shower 2 times a day.. So I have to shower there as well I pla. On walking as much as possible so I won't get clots. Those are very dangerous. Even when I go home I'll walk 2 times a day for 30 minutes each

9 days post op. used hospital gowns. Brought my own toiletries. Took one shower on third day. Ear plugs a must. Phone eyeglasses fan pillow. Favorite Protein Shake mix. In fortunately back in hospital tonight due to possible blood clots and pneumonia. But I know I'm in good hands. It's 3 am and I'm still wide awake. Hope all goes well for you.

Lol, I have my period right now. I'm getting surgery hopefully end of June.. Or early July.

I had my period the week before surgery. The surgery brought it back on. It's been out of whack since. : (