Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New - from Toledo, OH

Hi all, my name is Rodney. I guess this is my introduction. Let's see, I'm 31 and my BMI is 49. I've been overweight my whole life. I've tried numerous diets and the common problem with all of them is that I'm never full. When I heard about the lap band I thought, sounds like my problem may have a solution. I didn't used to mind exercise until my body started to get tired and sore from carrying me around. I played sports throughout school and would love to get back into that type of stuff. I played on a church softball team a couple years ago but I was constantly in pain thanks to the extra 150 pounds I was lugging around the diamond.

I guess my primary reason for the surgery is that my daughter is almost four and I'd like to play with her. I'd like to teach her to play sports. I'd like to take her on hikes and bike rides. Most of all though, I'd like to be around to walk her down the aisle.

Thanks for listening. I go for my first consultation tomorrow in BG. It's a first step but at least I'm finally taking a step.

Congratulations on your decision. I can tell you it has been the best decision I have ever made. I am also new to Lap Band Chat. I had surgury in September 2005 as of today I have maintained my goal weight for one year. Good Luck and I jlook forwarsd to talking to you again.

Hi Rodney

There is an Ohio list on here, if you've not found it yet....

Juli from Columbus.

Testing This Otu For Bugs Lets Hopes Theres None!

Greetings.

This is my first reply to anyone. Congratulations on making the first step to becoming a healthier you ! I began researching in January of 2006 and unfortunately had a few set backs and complications so it took me longer than most. I'm going thru the program at Ohio State University Medical Center and am really excited because I just got my surgery date today. It will be May 23rd !!! YEA ! Good Luck and if you decided it is for you, don't let anything get in your way of making it happen... no matter what mountains you have to climb or what red tape you need to go thru !!!

Hi Rodney,

Welcome to Lap Band Talk! I too am from Toledo. I had my surgery on January 18th, 2007. I am very pleased with my band so far. It really makes losing weight so much easier. Please let me know if I can help you in any way. Good Luck!!!!