Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh no! Need words of encouragement!

Ok, day 6 of my pre op liquid diet, I cheated! Slice of pizza and salad, I feel awful. Please tell me I'm not alone here. This is so hard on the weekends. I feel like how am I gonna get through this? How the heck am I gonna lose anything? I can't stick to any kind of diet! I want this so badly, I thought I wanted it badly enough not to cheat! But damn, so hard when everyone around you are eating and enjoying themselves. So not worth the cheat, but what's done is done, ugh...

I am on day four of pre-op liquid diet and I cheated too today. You are not alone in how you feel. I felt sick afterwards. It is better we did this before because we will not be able to do this after the surgery without painful consequences. Our bodies are in starvation mode and we reacted the only way we have been for years. We are human and we lost our will power. Soon we will have a tool in place to help us. Stay strong and busy!

Not about how many times you fall, but how many times you get back up. You are about to face many life changing challenges, how will you handle them?

Tomorrow is a new day. Start over. Everyday we are presented with challenges. Sometimes we are able to be strong and meet these challenges head on, then other days....well lets just say it's a big struggle. All you can do is the best you can do. Sometimes we are weak and the struggle seems too much. This is no different after surgery. You have to make the best decisions you can and when you make poor choices, suffer the consequences. We are not here to judge another person's journey... just know that you can do this and when you fall, just get up again and start over. Don't waste time beating yourself up over this. We are all human and we all make mistakes but it gets easier the longer you do this. People will always be eating and drinking things around you that you cannot or should not have so you have to find a way to fight those urges. Remember, you can't change the world....only yourself. Good luck Tomorrow will be a better day.

Thanks for all the help! I know I messed up, and tomorrow is another day. It's so disappointing to feel like a failure, but I guess this is the reason why I'm here, thanks again!

I should start my 2 week pre-op liquid diet next week and my dietician said it is a really difficult transition and...not to tell anyone she said it, lol, but if I really had to have one solid meal a day at first it would not be the end of the world. So, as was already said, tomorrow is a new day. Going completely to liquids while still having a full size stomach is not going to be easy. The point is you made it part of the day and that will help towards the ultimate goals of loading someextra weighta and shrinking your liver before surgery.

Lynn- the liquid diet is not easy, I'm in day 6 of 14. I have struggled this week, been a little shorter tempered, but today I feel better. I can do this. It's only one more week. I also gave up coffee this week. You can do this! Stay busy. I had several different Protein Shakes, serve real different flavors, to give me some options. I'm allowed chicken or beef broth which is a nice change from the cold Protein Drinks. sugar free Jello and sugar free Popsicles are great for the sweet cravings. good luck to you!