Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i was supposed to have the gastric bypass today

my whole journey to the surgery has been about a year....i have had MANY ups and downs

true results wouldn't summit my insurance for my surgery until i called my insurance myself and told them to call true results.

i was originally having the sleeve but my supposed surgeon Hollis wanted more tests including a esophageal motility, which i couldn't do due to a severe sinus infection.

so that cancelled my sleeve surgery and to get reapproved for gastric bypass was to begin

i got approved and was supposed to have my surgery today

i did nothing but liquids even tho i was allowed one healthy meal a day...

i lost 13-14 pounds and was ready for surgery

my surgeon hollis showed up late, an hour late then rushed me into the room (in a bit of a hurry)

i woke up to pain and a feeling of relief that it was over just to hear my liver was too big (DIDNT CHEAT!)

and that i had a large amount of fat in my abdominal area (HELLO! im a big girl getting weightloss surgery, of course i have fat! )

also claimed his tools were not long enough and that i was too big

i weighed 319 on day of surgery.

someone overheard him saying that to my mom and came up to her and said that that was a dumb answer (other than the liver)

my nurse told me (DR ALREADY LEFT< SAID NOTHING TO ME!) that the other surgeon was way better...

depression has set in, im in pain have paid a lot over the course of the year and did what my surgeon told me just end up paying for new scars...

has this happened to anyone, either by Hollis or another surgeon?

BTW, Hollis put a lapband on my bigger aunt, and she wasnt too big for him

I'm so sorry! That sounds like a nightmare to deal with. I don't know if your a religious person but I am and truly believe everything happens for a reason. We may never know why but there is a bigger plan, just keep your head up and be proud of the work you have done so far! Big hugs!!!

I am so sorry you had to go through that. It is simply awful. I hate to say it but it sounds like you need a new doctor. No doctor should ever abandon a patient like that.

Just keep going, everything will work itself out and you will get through it. My thoughts are with you.

I am so sorry you had to go through that. It is simply awful. I hate to say it but it sounds like you need a new doctor. No doctor should ever abandon a patient like that.

Just keep going, everything will work itself out and you will get through it. My thoughts are with you.

thank you, im meeting with another surgeon on saturday,

i just am very depressed and ive spent a whole year dedicating myself to this surgery and have been delt blow and blow

i need help on surgeons who will do it

There is a section in the forum for Surgeons and Hospitals. I think you should post in there and see what anyone says!

I'm moving to Arizona, I might just check and see if I can have something up there

He was I think he had other more important things seeing as he showed up late rushed me into surgery didn't even talk to my mom

I was in for maybe 30 mins or less when he decided to stop and abort my surgery....telling my mom all theses reasons like his tools then he and his assistant left IMEDIATLY

Ugh, so terrible. What part of AZ? If you want to message me, I'd highly recommend my doctor. He and his staff are awesome.

Please don't give up...despite the aborted surgery, you will probably (one day) look back at that and be thankful he DIDN'T do your surgery. Let's face it...they are ALL in it for the money, but they still need to be professional about it. It's your life and health at stake and if they can't see past themselves for that, then you'd be better off with a different surgeon.

I can't recommend mine, unfortunately. Although he did an excellent job with the surgery, he cheated me money-wise and the entire staff made me feel so uncomfortable that I haven't gone back since 6 months out from surgery. Almost 2 years post-op, I'm still fighting with the surgeon and his attorney over the money!!!

Be thankful that no "harm" was done to your body and that you will have a better surgeon/surgery experience in the future that will allow you to lose safely and without horrible complications. Bypass has a lifelong effect on your body, so I would say you "dodged a bullet" by not having that QUACK do your bypass!!!!

That which does not kill you will make you stronger!!!

Best wishes

I know, but other surgeons could of and have worked on bigger patients..

I'm glad now that he didn't cause he obviously isn't the best

And his assistant is a real b word to be honest

I have the same pain that others would have after I was told and the scars however I'm not losing weight cause he didn't get that far before he aborted and left the hospital

Oh no.... so sorry for your bad experience. I can't imagine at a weight of 319 you are too big for his instruments -- there are so many people on these boards that are larger and had the surgery. The surgical instruments are probably standard at most hospitals. And, if that were the truth, it seems they would have converted to an open surgery.

Sounds like a very unprofessional doctor and a bad situation all around -- but the other posters are right -- this botched up mess may have saved you from a whole world of hurt!

If you feel like spending the energy on him, it might be good to file some kind of complaint through the hospital or even a state medical board. If you'd rather just put the whole experience behind you and move on, that's understandable, too.

Either way -- I wish you all the best on finding another surgeon and getting the procedure in the future if that's the way you decide to go.

I am sorry that this has happened to you and I agree with the other statement it is better he did not work on you because he sounds unprofessional, get a new surgeon stay focus because you can dod this and keep us posted.

Thanks guys! I'm meeting with Dr. Nowzaradan from TLCs my 600 pound life tomorrow.

I'm more than half of what they way and I have no medical problems other than my esophagus which means no lap band or sleeve according to Hollis..(.ugh)

And my weight.

Cholesterol is fine, blood pressure normal, no diabetes or anything.

I hope all goes well and see how long another process will be.

I'm still depressed looking at my scars and seeing my ugly bloody tummy and knowing it was for nothing.....the fact that I have the same pain from if I had it done, and it hurts to get up.

I have five small bloody black and blue incisions on my tummy

Bridget it will get better perhaps the new doctor can use the same incision sites, stay focus don't get depress your in better hands now, I honestly believe that .

Im so sorry that happen to you!! Im in mesa arizona and my surgeon is in scottsdale arizona and I am 424 pounds and they have done the surgery on people bigger than me and although I am on the two week liquid diet they said they would only be worried about my liver size if I were in the 80-90s of BMI I think I am at 61 right now but long story short they had no reason not to complete your surgery thats messed up but i truly believe we all have a plan bigger than we know and eventually it will happen for you!!! Good Luck