Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

wanna lose 10 lbs in 2 weeks

I am a mom of 2 toddlers ... and i have 2 months off from my work starting 12 June ... and I wanna get scheduled for my surgery ASAP ... any suggestions how do I lose weight quickly ???

I am a mom of 2 toddlers ... and i have 2 months off from my work starting 12 June ... and I wanna get scheduled for my surgery ASAP ... any suggestions how do I lose weight quickly ???

I started substituting my dinners with Premier Protein shakes, absolutely no sugars, very little carbs if any they were whole wheat, Protein, veggies & fruits first! 2-3 liters of Water a day! I lost 20lbs 1 month

Um you don't have a surgery date? What requirements have you fulfilled from the surgeon? I guess I'm a little bit confused because it says you don't have a surgery date but in 2 weeks you'll be off for 2 months. If you don't have a surgery date then it takes a few weeks to get one.

I'm sorry to not be that helpful. Could you give us a little more detail please?

Thanks.

thanks for quick reply .... I work as a teacher in school and I have 2 months summer break coming up ...

I am confused ... Did you already get approved by your insurance or do you still need to her approved?

Are you saying your doc won't consider you for commencing the program until you lose weight first?

Some insurances require up to 6 months of supervised diet and I even heard of some that take a year.

Do you expect to have surgery this summer?

If you don't have surgery now, its not something you can just up and get done. There are a number of hoops to go through. So basically if you are looking to be up and after kids, unless you had surgery in June, I doubt it.

Sorry abt that ... I don't have surgery date yet but they say ... once I lose 10 lbs ... they will schedule me for surgery ... depending on available surgery dates with my doc

Can you get a pre op diet from your doc? You should be able to lose that weight with the pre op diet ?

Yes, that would take a week to 2 weeks. Then scheduling the surgery would take a week or two? That would be end of June, first part of July I think, at the earliest. Is that something you can do? That would give you 6 weeks to recover.

The problem is that can they do it in 2 weeks?

Each doctor is different. My surgery was scheduled after I met all the criteria and all the results of all the tests were in the surgeon's hands. That took 10 weeks. I was approved before the criteria was even met. Started my journey in February and was insurance approved early March.

I didn't get my surgery date until the end of April and am scheduled for July 1 (adding another 10 weeks). That was the surgeon's first available date.

Try a liquid diet. Replace two meals with a high protien shake and eat one very lean meal daily just meat and non starchy veg. Drink lots of Water.< /p>

I lose weight pretty quickly when I did adkins. The last time I did it, I lost like 12 pounds in a week! Problem is I cant stick with it haha.

if you do the pre-op diet of just Protein shakes (NO SUGAR NO CARBS) you could drop 10-15lbs in 2 weeks... everyone is different... good luck... (Side note - i hope this is not something you are rushing into just to get done during the summer....?? i just skimmed over the other comments & not sure if i missed it, this is a life long commitment and shouldnt be taken lightly) Wishing you much success!