Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am one week post op, and still am experiencing this occasional but Severe burning/stinging pain. It just spreads throughout my whole abdomen and I literally have to "run" to the nearest bed or recliner chair so I can feel instant relief. I ordered an abdominal binder through Amazon, free two-day shipping, but sadly bc of the holiday weekend I won't get it till Tuesday or Wednesday.

I'm also starting to get worried that I may be developing a hematoma, and I am wondering if this is why I'm experiencing this pain. Above my left main incision I noticed a bump that I didn't seem to notice before. I have been icing it and will call my surgeon tomorrow.

Despite these setbacks, I am enjoying the small successes: :)

-Losing 14 lbs since Surgery last Monday

-increasing my Water and Protein intake a little more everyday

-having a BM yesterday

-the fact that I've had no trouble sleeping/resting at night

-being able to tolerate all the liquids and puréed foods I've had so far.

These experiences that we are all going through are highly personal. I think we all have our ups and downs to how our body's react post-operatively. For that, I will be happy for the things that have gone "right" this past week as opposed to dwelling on the negatives.

This online community it such a huge support, and is loaded with so much information and guidance :)

I wish you all a Happy Memorial Day :)

I am one week post op, and still am experiencing this occasional but Severe burning/stinging pain. It just spreads throughout my whole abdomen and I literally have to "run" to the nearest bed or recliner chair so I can feel instant relief. I ordered an abdominal binder through Amazon, free two-day shipping, but sadly bc of the holiday weekend I won't get it till Tuesday or Wednesday.

I'm also starting to get worried that I may be developing a hematoma, and I am wondering if this is why I'm experiencing this pain. Above my left main incision I noticed a bump that I didn't seem to notice before. I have been icing it and will call my surgeon tomorrow.

-having a BM yesterday

These experiences that we are all going through are highly personal. I think we all have our ups and downs to how our body's react post-operatively. For that, I will be happy for the things that have gone "right" this past week as opposed to dwelling on the negatives.

This online community it such a huge support, and is loaded with so much information and guidance :)

-having a BM yesterday

You are amazing! Thanks so much and best wishes. I hope you find answers very soon!

Hi I hope you get well soon I am also I week 1 day post opt and I use a heating pad throughout the day for pain, I try to drink more Protein everyday and just had a bm yesterday and I agree the wright lost is worth it , good luck and keep us posted .

I am also one week post op .. On my right side I have that stinging ouchy pain also... I have found that "holding" that area helps.. I just wish it would go away... Its the only downside of surgery so far !!!!

My surgery was Monday, 19-May and came home Wednesday. I think today or yesterday was the first day sans-Gas-X, so that's good. My first BM was Friday, but I haven't had even a semi-solid one since maybe the Thursday before the surgery.

I'm still taking the pain meds, but feel I'm needing them less. My biggest issue is on my left side. Of my 7 incisions, that one is the biggest with four staples. I can't even lay on my left side yet, and if I have pain, 99% that's the origin, then radiating from there.

Saturday, I felt okay and proceeded to build two Cornhole boards all the way up to priming them. I fully intended to paint Sunday, but as it turned out, I didn't feel like doing ANYTHING Sunday. Yesterday, I started out that way too, but basically forced myself to get up and do stuff. I think it had to do with my Breakfast both days; Cream of Wheat.

My doc has me on "Full Liquids" from the day I got home, which includes CoW. I picked some up on Saturday, and ate it on both Sunday and Monday. Today, I just did a shake, and figured if it's going to make we want to sleep, I'll just have it for dinner instead! :)

I'm sleeping pretty well overall. A couple of days I slept all propped up like in the hospital, but ultimately found that sleeping regular (on my RIGHT side) was more restful.

I picked up some low-sugar Greek yogurts yesterday, and that's helped expand my diet nicely.

So far, so good!

Hey congratulations to you on your surgery! I completely understand the pain you're feeling on the left side... It's the worst! However my abdominal binder did come in the mail today and it's not a cure-all by any means but the compression and extra support does feel really nice. Maybe if your pain continues that's something you could look into! Being a side/stomach sleeper, I also understand the frustrations with not being able to lay on the side. Its still too sore for me to lay on my side and I'm getting tired of sleeping on my back. I use a body pillow and tuck it under my left side so that kinda props me somewhat on a side... It sounds like you're veryyy productive in these days following your surgery! Good job! I'm glad for the most part you're doing well after surgery :) :)

My surgery was Monday, 19-May and came home Wednesday. I think today or yesterday was the first day sans-Gas-X, so that's good. My first BM was Friday, but I haven't had even a semi-solid one since maybe the Thursday before the surgery. I'm still taking the pain meds, but feel I'm needing them less. My biggest issue is on my left side. Of my 7 incisions, that one is the biggest with four staples. I can't even lay on my left side yet, and if I have pain, 99% that's the origin, then radiating from there. Saturday, I felt okay and proceeded to build two Cornhole boards all the way up to priming them. I fully intended to paint Sunday, but as it turned out, I didn't feel like doing ANYTHING Sunday. Yesterday, I started out that way too, but basically forced myself to get up and do stuff. I think it had to do with my Breakfast both days; Cream of Wheat. My doc has me on "Full Liquids" from the day I got home, which includes CoW. I picked some up on Saturday, and ate it on both Sunday and Monday. Today, I just did a shake, and figured if it's going to make we want to sleep, I'll just have it for dinner instead! :) I'm sleeping pretty well overall. A couple of days I slept all propped up like in the hospital, but ultimately found that sleeping regular (on my RIGHT side) was more restful. I picked up some low-sugar Greek yogurts yesterday, and that's helped expand my diet nicely. So far, so good!