Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

In December 2006 my daughter looked in my new closet and gasped....."Mom, is that all the clothes you have?" Really, it was pitiful, but I was working then, and I felt so ugly and fat I would not buy clothes or shoes. I had 4 pair of black pants. Now, I am a beautifully dressed retired 67 year old woman with style. I discovered a certain brand and let me tell you, they were made for me. I have never had so many clothes in my life! I feel like a diva in my size 12, and my 1X and 2X are GONE. I have a spring in my step that had long gone by the wayside...... Everything I ever wanted in life has come my way, even at this age. I honestly wonder if you can visualize a pair of pink and green camo SHORT SHORTS from Cabela's (they sell hunting/fishing stuff) that my husband bought me. I put the ugly things on and he hooted and hollered LOL. I won't wear the ugly things but gave him a thrill anyway. I wish everyone so many blessings and good health, but mainly just to feel great about yourselves! It is priceless!

Lol sounds good...... Heading that way see u soon :)

I'm right there with ya, Linda! Shopping is feeling so good! :)

Best part is I am saving a ton of money shopping Ebay LOL! I do go to the stores too, but I am a bargain shopper!

Thanks for sharing your happy thoughts. I can so relate to how I used to feel so fat and ugly in my clothes, and how I feel NOW (even pretty and feminine!). We WLSers are the only ones who can TRULY understand what that really feels like, huh?

I had great fat clothes, but didn't really love any of them. I paid a lot of money for most of them, and I looked as good as I could, but it wasn't that great. But I love my clothes now. I have a couple of stores that I love and can wear anything in the store and I don't think that's a thrill I'll ever tire of! It's enough motivation to keep me from going off the rails with my diet some days. I didn't realize how much I'd love being thin!

I was so sad and depressed. My ankles were folded and so huge. I could not bear to wear shorts in Florida. The meds also made me swell terribly I believe. I am so into researching natural meds now after horrible blisters and problems with my feet and toes. God Bless.

I had great fat clothes, but didn't really love any of them. I paid a lot of money for most of them, and I looked as good as I could, but it wasn't that great. But I love my clothes now. I have a couple of stores that I love and can wear anything in the store and I don't think that's a thrill I'll ever tire of! It's enough motivation to keep me from going off the rails with my diet some days. I didn't realize how much I'd love being thin!

I weigh 161 now and feel thin. If I don't lose another pound I am thankful and blessed.

I just had my sleeve done. How long after surgery did you notice your clothing fitting differently? I'm going to be a bridesmaid in Oct. (5 months post-op) and I'm worried about fitting into my dress.

Edited by Heather_Feather

I just had my sleeve done. How long after surgery did you notice your clothing fitting differently? I'm going to be a bridesmaid in Oct. (5 months post-op) and I'm worried about fitting into my dress.

Heather, 5 months should be magical. But we are all different. 5 months I had lost from 230 to about 170 but I am big boned and looked pretty thin. I am 161 today and a friend today said I looked skinny lol. You are not far from my stats so you should be totally awesome!!!!!

At size 20 XXL I would only buy cheap clothes. They looked awful. Now I buy beautiful size 6 clothes :D. Actually fit into size 4 yesterday. Still too tight to wear in public, but I could zip them up! Never thought I would see the day.

At size 20 XXL I would only buy cheap clothes. They looked awful. Now I buy beautiful size 6 clothes :D. Actually fit into size 4 yesterday. Still too tight to wear in public, but I could zip them up! Never thought I would see the day.

I am so happy for you! I thought I would die being so fat and pathetic. I know how you feel. A 12 is a miracle. I never wore a size 4 so cannot imagine! LOL. Bless you!

I have been loving ebay for used Dockers! I've been through four sizes now and the current size is starting to feel loose again. Wow, that feels good. I have a "fantasy" Ann Taylor velvet jacket I bought from Goodwill that I aspire to wear by this fall. It is so beautiful, and I paid $3.50!!! Hee hee!

I got a pair of beautiful white jeans on Ebay for $1.95, with $5.00 shipping. LOL. I also love Goodwill searching, and not just for books anymore. The fun is in the hunt!<br />