Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Crazy question but i am curious to know if I am the only one...

Does anyone ever think before surgery about being the person they are deep down after surgery that you could never become as an overweight person? It's hitting me hard now that I am so close to my date(just waiting on approval). Has anyone experienced this before?

I've always thought, I am a skinny girl on the inside! I like to go out, see people, do things. I know if I wasn't overweight and out-of-shape basically my whole life, I would've been more involved in more physical activities. As a younger girl, I know I would've been more confident. In my post-college life, I am definitely more confident but my physical stature has always limited my activities.

I want to dance, hike, swim, run around on the beach, walk for miles around fun places like Disneyland and Six Flags, go out with friends and not worry about being the fat one of the group.

I think about this often as motivation. By NO means do I want to be "skinny," but healthy. In fact, I'd rather keep my boobs/butt and not be skinny, lol.

Edited by ladykatie_

For sure. There was so much I wouldn't do before. I've always been outgoing and never one to let my weight keep me from doing things, or at least that's the persona I put on. Now I'm going to the gym more, talking to people more, dancing more. I'm going to six flags next weekend.

Today my husband had to work, and there was a festival going on downtown. I went out and walked around by myself. That's something I know I wouldn't have done before.

Good luck on your surgery. Focus on being healthy, and enjoy the "new" you.

I have been heavy all my life. Who will I be after I lose a whole bunch? I don't know but I do think about it. I am not a risk taker so that won't be my gig-no jumping out of planes, but I might try more things and be a little adventurous. Not sure what though.