Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

CRUISE TO LOSE DATE CORRECTION

Hi Everyone,

Please be advised that the cruise leaves on 10/25/14 not 10/24. We will have a meet and greet on October 24th however at a hotel located near the port.

If I do not receive deposits soon I will have to cancel this cruise, thanks!

oh dear...is there really no interest? I want so badly to go next year. can we maybe do a survey of sorts to find out why there's no one signing up? Is it just that no one wants to go or is it the cost, or like me...is it because I didn't have enough advance notice? I'm really curious as I love this idea and like I said, I want to really do this next year so I can meet all my friends on this site.

Liz

oh dear...is there really no interest? I want so badly to go next year. can we maybe do a survey of sorts to find out why there's no one signing up? Is it just that no one wants to go or is it the cost, or like me...is it because I didn't have enough advance notice? I'm really curious as I love this idea and like I said, I want to really do this next year so I can meet all my friends on this site. Liz

Hi Liz,

I will get something going for 2015. Don't fret about that but I do believe someone was complaining that it sounded like an advertisement and complained to Alex. That's OK because if I have to pay and sponsor it on this side I will. People get testy. This cruise to lose was originally on the original lapband sight then it got changed to the bariatric pal site so it became open to all WLS people which I think is good. It does not matter what type of WLS you've had you still have to learn to face all situations in a social atmosphere. You can have fun and learn to eat in a special setting like a cruise and meet other people in a similar situation. So, I will still have a hot yoga instructor and a personal trainer onboard for all levels including people with disabilities. I'm also in consultation for special dietary needs onboard including special diets and allergen diets. I'm getting very excited with the people I have consulted and they're all certified in their field.

So hang in there. It may have to do with price too but the value is there for what people will be getting. A fun and healthy lifestyle vacation. Please keep in touch because I want to get in touch with Alex about possibly paying to sponsor this event out of my pocket. Perhaps we can then make it an annual event. :-)!

OK so I have to say that I am confused. Who is sponsoring the cruise? Is it an existing cruise? I will admit that what I saw with the limited amount of information that I did see/receive it seemed all a bit too cryptic for me to want to partake in it.

I want to see more information. What is the cruise line? Where is going to? Where does it leave from? What is the cost? How many days is it? Do I have a choice of rooms and levels of service?

There are too many variables to just say give me a deposit and that's it. If I were putting something together I would be doing things a little more broadly and much more transparent manner, so if anything I think this is where you might be getting some of the push back from.

So perhaps we could get a bit more information, and see what the interest is.

I apologize I really thought I had sent all the information. It was on the Carnival Liberty but now I'm tabling it until 2015 and I promise it will be a very detailed with information the next time.

If you would PM me with your e-mail addresses I will keep you on a list for the 2015 cruise and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to PM me. I'd be more than happy to give you my phone number and e-mail address. Thanks for your response.

Well I have to see my son in Utah so I won't even be able to have the deposit this year , but I will try and save for year , I just found out I will be in Utah longer than I thought , so keep me on the list your making Please and Thank You, and pm me when you get all the info for next year , hope you are doing good , it sounds like you are feeling much better .

I would be interested next year, this year was just too short notice for me

I would be interested next year, this year was just too short notice for me

no problem I will keep you informed!

I've spoken to two certified fitness experts who are going to help us stay on track while we sail which will now be in 2015. I'll be posting info soon for 2015!

I'm interested :) I'm trying to private message and it's not working for me

despite it sounding like fun & educational, I don't cruise & I don't fly to get to where I could cruise from.

If there are wheels that don't leave the ground, I might consider some such activity.

despite it sounding like fun & educational, I don't cruise & I don't fly to get to where I could cruise from. If there are wheels that don't leave the ground, I might consider some such activity.

well Jack, not sure how this will affect you being you don't fly or sail, but if I hear of anything on land I'll let you know!

thanks.....

always looking for an entertaining way to Celebrate

next year might be good for me ... I would so love to meet some of the fellow bariatric pals.

Let's see if we can get CG , TMF and Catfish to go... what a hoot that would be. Let me know what I need to do. and where it's leaving from.. I hope Florida since I am here.

Sharpie!

Good news!

It will leave either from Pt Canaveral with a pre-cruise hotel stay or from Miami but have not been able to negotiate a pre-cruise from Miami. The Port of Miami allows drop off shuttles but to be picked up shuttles are charged an exorbitant fee. Pt Canaveral is easier to negotiate. So most likely Pt Canaveral. PMme with your e-mail address. Thanks! Yes, I would love to meet everyone else too!