Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

READ THIS B4 BEING BANDED...My Experience

Krystal,

I've just read 7 pages of posts and wonder--where are you? How are you doing? You've been an inspiration, please post again.

:(Im here, I have been kind of in hiding for the past 3 weeks. We have been really busy as a family and my husband went out of town for a week. Well while he was out of town for a week i ended up playing the "single mom" role and fell off of the exercise wagon for a bit.

I realized how quick, if you give up for a day,....how a day turns into a week, and a week turns into weeks. It's kind of interesting how last night I was watching an episode called BIG MEDICINE on TLC. I realized what I originally started this post for.....so I would have strength to keep going. It seems not posting ONE day has started the ever famous trickle effect.

I was crying last night, and called my husband while he was at work and ask him why he was so "lax" about everything. I mean for 3 weeks he was bustin my butt and on my tail about working out and eating good....and it was working. But all of the sudden it was like i was back to the old. :faint:About a week ago I told him on the phone i was craving some chips and dip. So he says "want me to pick some up on the way home" and i didnt turn it down. Why? He made it seem like it was ok....i knew it wasnt. But he wasnt there to tell me it wasnt. He enables me and i dont think he even realizes it. He is my rock and I am not sure how I wouldnt get through any of this without him. His strength in this is a BIG DEAL. I told him he needs to buckle down on me again and that i dont want to be like this forever. I asked him how much does he love me? He says "more than you'll ever know" I told him back.....well...."give me some tough love":help:

I truly am lucky to have a husband. Someone who is there for me. I could be in a worse possition.

It's crazy how I received a message this morning from this post when i was struggling last night with this situation.

Every day i recover from a struggle i become a little bit stronger. I think I needed a RE-evaluation of why im still here and why God has put me here with a beautiful family. He has given me EVERYTHING I could ever want EXCEPT the body I want. That he is making me work for. And it isnt going to be easy.

I think I am seeing and noticing how i allow myself to give up because giving up is easier.

I am throwing a birthday party for my daughter in 30 days. Its a POOL PARTY.......I actually had to ask family members to make sure they rbought a swimsuit so they could be in the pool with chloe. (im not getting in that pool in front of ALL the family) It's pretty sad that something so simple is now so drawn out in my head. Next year I am going to throw her a pool party AND IM going to be the one swimmin with her!:clap2:

NO ONE ever said this was going to be easy, but before surgery I think I THOUGHT it was going to be some kind of easy fix!

Im going to watch my calories again and Im NOT going to have any more JUNK in this house.

I think a lot of my problem is that I dont have full restriction yet. I have another Dr's appt June 5th. Hopefully i can get to a "sweet" spot soon....

Ok im off of here for now....but I WILL BE BACK.....im going to go face my life here......

THANK YOU ALL WHO ACTUALLY CARE. IT MEANS A LOT.:)

I needed that today Krystal. I have not been posting and I have been feeling really crazy. I am getting depressed and I can't seem to shake it. i hate the way i look and I feel like I will never have the body that I want. I don't date because I am ashamed of my body. I haven't had sex in 13 years not just because I am trying to wait until I get married but because I don't want anybody to see me naked. I am trying not to cry as I write this. See i don't have anybody to give me a push to support me.

I have to be that push for myself. Well u all were my push but I got frustrated and left my support group.

BOTTOM LINE: I am back and I promise I will not leave again. I have a new attitude and I know that it has to be me and nobody else. I have to look in the mirror and love me regardless of what I see. It's going to be hard but I am going to make it there.

Let's keep encouraging each other.

I love this Place

Im here today!!!

Gosh...do you ever have the feeling about exercise when you say to yourself...

I JUST DONT WANT TO!!!! and then you dont...

Thats what i been doing and i need to kick that habbit....this weightloss thing is soooo hard....

Oh, I have great respect for you, Krystal, and for you, Purposedriven4. Keep on posting. I believe that posting here is important for both of you and it is important for those of us who are travelling with you. You oughta know that you have a gang of fans who know what you two are going through. Keeping up with the exercise routine and with your eating plan can be tough and there are times when you find yourself derailed for one reason or another. I haven't been to the gym for over a year even though I am paying for it! This has been due to a bunch of bad luck health wise and now I am afraid to go back. Stupid on my part, eh?

You two do give me courage and I am sure that you give many other LBT readers courage, too, for the truth is that we all make mistakes, we all fall off the wagon, and we all end up feeling a lot of self-hatred as a result. But the two of you are honest and you are fighters, and that is very, very cool.

Keep on posting and keep on fighting, grrls.

thank you soo much for your encouragement. I did better today and I am going to do better tomorrow. I do love you all and thank you for taking this journey with me.

I needed that today Krystal. I have not been posting and I have been feeling really crazy. I am getting depressed and I can't seem to shake it. i hate the way i look and I feel like I will never have the body that I want. I don't date because I am ashamed of my body. I haven't had sex in 13 years not just because I am trying to wait until I get married but because I don't want anybody to see me naked. I am trying not to cry as I write this. See i don't have anybody to give me a push to support me.

I have to be that push for myself. Well u all were my push but I got frustrated and left my support group.

BOTTOM LINE: I am back and I promise I will not leave again. I have a new attitude and I know that it has to be me and nobody else. I have to look in the mirror and love me regardless of what I see. It's going to be hard but I am going to make it there.

Let's keep encouraging each other.

I love this Place

Purpose Driven,

Hang in there, you can do it. You sound very determined and we'll be here for you. It's not easy for any of us, that's why we're here! Let us share this journey with you.

Cindy

So I was thinking about my statement about how hard it is to lose weight. I was thinking more on it and it occurred to me that

BEING FAT IS HARDER than ANYTHING

Can you fit in a bathroom stall with no problems? Wipe much?(for you bigger girls...you know what i mean)

Can you fit at a booth comfortably? I cant.

Can you buy clothes at ANY store in the mall? I cant.

Can you take an entire day outing and ENJOY it? I cant. I can be out on my feet for like 3-4 hours and im DONE....ready to pass out.

Does the thought of 95 degree weather totally freak you out? It does me!

Does your kids beg you to do things that are physically impossible for a big person my size? Mine does.

Now that I look into this...being fat is JUST as hard as losing weight. We just train our minds to except it.

Well im done with that. Im not excepting it anymore!!!

krystal,

YOU CAN DO IT! I find for myself that curbing hunger means eliminating trigger foods.

Also, (someone correct me if I'm wrong) the fundus of the stomach is stitched around the band to the pouch during the surgery. Pressure on the fundus (top) of stomach causes part of the feeling of fullness, the idea is that if your fundus is attached to your pouch, you will feel pressure there when your pouch is full, and feel fullness that way too.

Some people's fundus' don't work, and some people can't feel their pouch getting full... could that be a problem for you?

I know you can do it! (lose the weight)

Evilah

Glad to hear you back on Krystal! I think and pray for you all the time. Please keep posting so we can keep supporting you!!

hi everyone

my trainer did my weight and measurements yesterday. i am down 7 inches in my waist and down 2.5lbs. just a little praise report

Good for you :clap2: Keep up the great work!

Cindy

Ok so im here I have been just really busy this weekend and I am going to be busy all week. I have tried to fill my days up with things to do....

I am going tomorrow to get a fill AGAIN....its once a month. I am going to ask the Dr for all my fill reports so i can keep track. It seems I still have NO restriction. My husband is going with the Dr tomorrow to tell him he needs to seriously add a lil more so i can get a decent fill. I live 5 min from the Dr so if its too much he can take some out. Im frustruated really!

The way it looks to me, my Dr is doing the same thing to another patient and we have been going to the Dr at the same time......she brought up the fact that she thinks he is filling us too little because everytime we come back we have to fork out more and more money....

UGH

I dont want to do too much to cause a problem...but come on!

OK enough venting for tonight......

ill talk to you all soon.....Good Night!