Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who starts pre-op diet this week?

Hello:

I begin my pre-op diet tomorrow - May 15th and I am scheduled for surgery May 29th. The pre-op diet can be challenging (especially for those of is doing all liquids). From the last time I did it, I know now to take Fiber chews and Miralax, in addition to lots of water!

I would love to have some pals to vent & share with during this stage! So bring your hangry rants and tips here!

I started my preop diet yesterday. Day one was not too bad but day two I have been hangry! Trying to find a Protein shake that is not so sweet. My surgery is Mary 27 so I have to do this for two weeks.

I started my preop diet yesterday. Day one was not too bad but day two I have been hangry! Trying to find a Protein Shake that is not so sweet. My surgery is Mary 27 so I have to do this for two weeks.

It's so not easy! I am trying to prepare myself mentally. Are you allowed a meal or are you broth, shakes, Jello, Popsicles?

I started my two week liqid diet last week. I was extremely cranky to put it mildly. I am now just over a week out and while I do get hungry and even hangry sometimes. It is nothing like those first four days.

I have noticed that different people have been told to do the pre-opt diet for all different lengths of time.

how come everyone has different amounts of time that they have to do the pro-op diet for? Do you have to do it longer if you have more weight to lose, is it up to your surgeon?

My pre op diet starts tomorrow and my doc is out of town and is back June 1st so he will give me a date then.

My diet isn't liquid it's balanced meals

<p>I have noticed that different people have been told to do the pre-opt diet for all different lengths of time.</p> <p> </p> <p>how come everyone has different amounts of time that they have to do the pro-op diet for? Do you have to do it longer if you have more weight to lose, is it up to your surgeon? </p>

My Dr and Nut base it on BMI. If your BMI is 50+ it's 28 days, it it's 49-35 it's 14 days and so on.

I just started mine Monday. I have to be on it for 28 days. My pre op consists of all dehydrated meals that come in a bag. I am allowed 1 Protein Bar and 5 of the "meals" a day. Which include eggs, cream of Soups, Jello, broth, shakes etc. So far the meals have been AWFUL and actually made me physically sick yesterday. But I've lost 8 lbs in 2 days. Anyone else getting bad headaches though?

Hello: I begin my pre-op diet tomorrow - May 15th and I am scheduled for surgery May 29th. The pre-op diet can be challenging (especially for those of is doing all liquids). From the last time I did it, I know now to take fiber chews and Miralax, in addition to lots of water! I would love to have some pals to vent & share with during this stage! So bring your hangry rants and tips here!

I start my liquid diet tomorrow and my surgery is on May 29, just like yours. I am so ready for this. I did extensive research on the VSG but also my hubby had it done on 1/20/14 so I kinda have an idea of what to expect. Good luck and cheers on your first Protein Shake tomorrow morning!!!

hi all

i started mine on may 8th and was told to lose 40-50 pounds, i have lost 18 as of today the 14th. i do 2 Protein shakes(EASadvantage) a day and 3 oz lean protein and 1 serving veggies for supper. Have to lose this 40-50 pounds then i got to thr dr june 5th to get my surgery date.

Started mine today. The weird part is, my doctor did not require a pre op liquid diet other than just clear liquids 24 hrs prior to the surgery. After reading these forums, I decided I would just do it anyways. I had gained 4 lbs on my last required weigh-in. But the nut was ok with that, and my insurance approved me.

hi all i started mine on may 8th and was told to lose 40-50 pounds, i have lost 18 as of today the 14th. i do 2 Protein shakes(EASadvantage) a day and 3 oz lean protein and 1 serving veggies for supper. Have to lose this 40-50 pounds then i got to thr dr june 5th to get my surgery date.

Congratulations on the 18 pounds! Keep up the good work : )