Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Date Set, Happy..But, I Need Some Advice Please!

Finally Done With All My Pre-Op & Insurance & Doctor Requirements...I Have A Concern & Question Though ?...My Lap-Band Surgery Date Is Set For June 2, 2014..Out-Patient At OSF Hospital Here In Rockford, Illinois...Dr. Shayani Surgeon..{Has Anyone Ever Had This Surgeon?..}..Anyway, Upon My Ultra-Sound Of My Abdomen They Decovered IThe Pain That I Frequently Been Having On My Right Side Is Because I Have Gall-Stones & Really Need My Gall-Bladder Removed..I Talked To The Surgeon About This Issue, & He Is Confident That He Can & Has Removed Gall-Bladders Before During The Lap-Band Procedure Also..I Also Have Been Told By My Gastrologist Doctor That He Would Like Me To Have A Liver Biopsy, Because They Found Hep C. In Me, & Would Rather Wait Till After My La-Band Surgery & I have Lost Some Weight To Start Me On Those Meds To Help Try & Deal With That Problem..And If Those Things Are Not Enough, Now I Have A Bad Jaw & Tooth-Ache, It Comes & Goes, Depending On What I Eat, So I Been Only Eating Soft Foods Now..I Went To My Dentist & He Has Now Told Me That I Have A Bad Infection In My Right MOLAR Tooth & The One Nx. To That One Has A Cavity..He Wants To Start Me On Antibiotics ASAP..& Then Either Pull The Tooth Or Do A Root Canal On It...YIKERS!...I Told The Dentist About My Up-Coming Lap-Band Surgery & He Said, That Yes, Maybe We Should Then Go Ahead Before My Lap-Band & Get It Dealt With..OK...Well, The Problem Is The Antibiotic That He Put Me On, Was VERY STRONG & Caused SEVERE HeartBurn, It Was Burning My Esopahgus Out It Seemed..I Can't Take Pennicillin, Because Of Alergic Reaction To It, So They Have To Find Other Infection Meds. Now, The 2nd Perscription He Wrote Is Not As Bad, But Also, Is Gonna Restict What I Take Like My Other Meds. For Arthritis & All & This Also Creates Some HeartBurn..I Just Don't Know If I Should Get This Tooth Dealt With Now Or After My Surgery?..Also, Is The Gall-Bladder Removal & The LIVER Biopsy Gonna Put Me In Even MORE Pain After The Lap-Band Surgery Than Normal..?...I Hate Pain!..What Advice Can You All, Anyone That May Have Had Similar Issues Give Me?..I Have Called My Lap-Band Surgeon This Morning & Am Waiting To Hear Back Now, What He Thinks About The Tooth & The Antibiotics Before Or After My Surgery?...I Would Love To Have Some PEACE About This...I have Waited A Long Time To Get This Lap-Band & I Really Want It To Work For Me The Best It Can, I Do Not Want To Hurt The Process ANY..What Should I Do?...Any Advice Out There For Me?...Thanks & God Bless!..And God Luck On Your Own Stories & Lap-Band & Surgery Lives...Mrs. Debi..

Finally Done With All My Pre-Op & Insurance & Doctor Requirements...I Have A Concern & Question Though ?...My Lap-Band Surgery Date Is Set For June 2, 2014..Out-Patient At OSF Hospital Here In Rockford, Illinois...Dr. Shayani Surgeon..{Has Anyone Ever Had This Surgeon?..}..Anyway, Upon My Ultra-Sound Of My Abdomen They Decovered IThe Pain That I Frequently Been Having On My Right Side Is Because I Have Gall-Stones & Really Need My Gall-Bladder Removed..I Talked To The Surgeon About This Issue & He Is Confident That He Can & Has Removed Gall-Bladders During The Lap-Band Procedure Also..I Also Have Been Told By My Gastrologist Doctor That He Would Like Me To Have A Liver Biopsy, Because They Found Hep C. & Would Rather Wait Till After My La-Band Surgery & I have Lost Some Weight To Start Me On Those Meds To Help Try & Deal With That Problem..And If Those Things Are Not Enough, Now I Have A Bad Jaw & Tooth-Ache, It Comes & Goes, Depending On What I Eat, So I Been Only Eating Soft Foods Now..I Went To My Dentist & He Has Now Told Me That I Have A Bad Infection In My Right MOLAR Tooth & The One Next To That One Has A Cavity..He Wants To Start Me On Antibiotics ASAP. & Then Either Pull The Tooth Or Do A Root Canal On It...YIKERS!...I Told The Dentist About My Up-Coming Lap-Band Surgery & He Said, That Yes, Maybe We Should Then Go Ahead Before My Lap-Band & Get It Dealt With..OK...Well, The Problem Is The Antibiotic That He Put Me On, Was VERY STRONG & Caused SEVERE HeartBurn, It Was Burning My Esopahgus Out It Seemed..I Can't Take Pennicillin, Because Of Alergic Reaction To It, So They Have To Find Other Infection Meds. Now, The 2nd Perscription He Wrote Is Not As Bad, But Also, Is Gonna Restict What I Take Like My Other Meds. For Arthritis & Pain All & This Also Creates Some HeartBurn..I Just Don't Know If I Should Get This Tooth Dealt With Now Or After My Surgery?..Also, Is The Gall-Bladder Removal & The LIVER Biopsy Gonna Put Me In Even MORE Pain After The Lap-Band Surgery Than Normal..?...I Hate Pain!..What Advice Can You All, Anyone That May Have Had Similar Issues Give Me?..I Have Called My Lap-Band Surgeon This Morning & Am Waiting To Hear Back Now, What He Thinks About The Tooth & The Antibiotics Before Or After My Surgery?...I Would Love To Have Some PEACE About This...I have Waited A Long Time To Get This Lap-Band & I Really Want It To Work For Me The Best It Can, I Do Not Want To Hurt The Process ANY..What Should I Do?...Any Advice Out There For Me?...Thanks & God Bless!..And God Luck On Your Own Stories & Lap-Band & Surgery Lives...Mrs. Debi..

Not advice but in my opinion I would deal with the tooth issue ASAP! You don't want to go into surgery with any type of infection in you body and tooth aches only get worse. You will have enough to deal with post op that you don't want this tooth issue as well.

You Know What...I Was Thinking Really The Same Thing...

Seen My Surgeon Yesterday At 3:30 & Told Him I Was On The Antibiotic Meds. For My Tooth Infection...He Said Go Ahead & Take All The Med For The Infection, Since I Will Be Done With It, Before My Lap-Band Surgery Date June 2, 2014..So, That Eased My Mind, He Said, If The Dentist Does Get A Cancelation & Can Get Me In To Have It Dealt With, Go Ahead Also & Do That, Not A Problem..He Has Now Started Me As Of Yesterday, On My PRE-OP DIET For My Lap-Band..So, Here We Go, I'm On My Way & Counting Down The Days...I Need To Try & Loose At Least, Hopefully 10 - 15 - Lbs. Before My Surgery, To Take The Presure Off My Liver..I Can Do This!...God Is With Me, I Know..He Was VERY Nice & Said, That IF For Any Reason I Feel The Need To Stay IN The Hospital For Just One Night, GO FOR IT!...Since He Also, Is Removing My Gall-Bladder At The Same Time...I Thank You All SO Much For Your Info. & Praise Reports, Have A Great Day!..Mrs. Debi..{Gods Industrious Bee}...

Hi Debi, you have a lot going on! So glad you are in good communication with your LB surgeon so there's a medical professional putting all the pieces together. I had my gall bladder removed years ago and the laparoscopic surgery was similar to the band surgery -- seems excellent to have it all done at once versus two surgical interventions. Be sure to address the acid issue with all the doctors including the anesthesiologist. We have to be our own advocates sometimes -- keep speaking up and keep your surgeon informed of any developments, dental or otherwise. Good luck on the pre-op -- you are on your way! When I'm on antibiotics I always take a lot of Probiotics -- may want to check into that so there's no yeast infection or UTI on top of everything else. But talk to your doctor -- maybe even roll in the PCP or your nurse practitioner, etc. for the big picture. Best wishes for smooth sailing! Let us know how you're doing.

I'm going through the same doctor! My surgery is planned for October 20th. If you have any good tips I would love to hear them!