Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christian Bandsters

I'm sorry but I'm having a problem w/ the way thing are today.

Not just on this site but anywhere. it's like if you tell someone your faith or about JESUS or ask them what they believe. and if they are somthing other than you (say like an athiest or morman or watch tower ect.). And then when I tell them what I belive then I am a bad person. And we are suppose to tell everyone that. JESUS is the way the truth and the life. But when we do that we are"pushing our beliefs on them". I guess what I don't get is in Proverbs it tells us not to argue w/ a fool, but at what point do we give up on someone and not argue with them

Hello I am a Jesus Freak Too!! I love the Lord with all my heart and without His grace and mercy I would not be here today! In response to that -people today believe that as long as you believe there is a "higher power" we are all gonna end up in the same place--wrong. It says that no one comes to the Father(God) except through Jesus Christ-not allah,Buddah, or Oprah lol- Jesus paid the price for our sins he took my punnishment,shame, and sins so that I can walk in freedom and eventually one day spend eternity with Him! So many people get offended today-but remember when Jesus was on the earth going and preaching and healing many people were offended(especially the religious crowds) Now I believe we should be sensitive and show them Jesus in the flesh but if you are gonna do that you are gonna offend someone! I'm glad this thread was started!

Since this is a thread for Christians, I would like to wish all the Christians here at LBT a Merry Christmas.

Today, April 17th is the Birthday of Jesus Christ according to many Historians.

Here are just three of dozens of sites that explains why Jesus was born on April 17 in the year 6 BC.

http://www.utopia-net.org/English/0417jesus1.html

http://entertainment.webshots.com/photo/2103143560086389096gLKCHE

http://www.eclipse.net/~molnar/

So Jesus and I share at least one thing in Common, since today, April 17th is also my Birthday.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Happy birthday, TOM :-)

For those of you who are interested, the weekend's sermon at our church is available for listening online. It's about the proof for the Resurrection. Go to www.rockharbor.org and look in the top right corner. Enjoy!

I am so glad to see this thread. :clap2: I am still in the process of getting approval and haven't been around here very long. Keep me in prayer. I haven't felt any conviction about lapband surgery, unlike the conviction I feel when I eat too much or eat something I know I am not supposed to. So, I'm just leaving everything up to God that it will work out the way He has planned. I haven't told many people, just a few very close friends who so far have been very supportive. I do anticipate some negativity and difference of opinion but ..... what can you do. I just need to keep my eyes on God, He will definatley guide me and if He doesn't want me to have lapband, it won't happen, and I think I'll know it. I look forward to inspirational posts and fellowship with everyone.

396power, I just wanted to tell you I know exactly what you mean about "pushing our beliefs" on others. The way I have come to see it is God's love is shown through me. And I don't have to tell everyone about my faith, I do if God opens that door, and He does. But I don't go out of my way and make a point of it like I used to, because like you said then it opens us up to being the bad person. What I have come to see in my life is that I am a testimony of God's love and when I encounter CLEAR (like abortion or other.............things) differences in beliefs but do it with love, acceptance and tolerance that is when I make the most lasting impression of christianity on people (now...I'm not saying it's always easy :) ). I know there are people who definatley do tell everyone they know and I'm not saying that's wrong or that they shouldn't but when I first became a Christian and tried it I think I turned some people off. But hey, my heart was in the right place. God Bless.

How do you all use the Lord to help you thru the band journey??

I have been going thru alot of non band issues lately that cause me alot of anxiety. (mostly my 2 year old being ran over ) She's ok see my prev posts but I am still having some trouble dealing with it. I keep praying "God only you can protect my children, not me only you-- please protect them"

For my band I have been saying to myself "Work as though it is all up to you and PRAY as though it is all up to God" But lately I have not been living that! I cant seem to get myself motivated to get back to the gym. I just dont really want to leave my house since the accident. I dont even really want to go for a walk or anything I just hang out with my kids. We homeschool and I do that with them, but I am not motivated for anything else. Jill

How do you all use the Lord to help you thru the band journey??

I have been going thru alot of non band issues lately that cause me alot of anxiety. (mostly my 2 year old being ran over ) She's ok see my prev posts but I am still having some trouble dealing with it. I keep praying "God only you can protect my children, not me only you-- please protect them"

For my band I have been saying to myself "Work as though it is all up to you and PRAY as though it is all up to God" But lately I have not been living that! I cant seem to get myself motivated to get back to the gym. I just dont really want to leave my house since the accident. I dont even really want to go for a walk or anything I just hang out with my kids. We homeschool and I do that with them, but I am not motivated for anything else. Jill

Jill, I'm so sorry about your 2YO (I didn't see your earlier posts but I will pray now). It's normal to feel depressed and unmotivated when something like that happens. But remember Phil 4:13, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. We homeschool too, so I know how it is to just want to snuggle with your kids and play all day. Sometimes you need to take time to do just that, for a season. Just lean on Him and He will give you the strength. Remember the disciples -- before Jesus' death they were wimps but afterwards they had courage because they experienced His Resurrection and knew the One they were serving. One step at a time. You will be in my prayers.

Jill Im glad to hear your daughter is OK-the Lord was watching over her! I was banded 7-06 and I never questioned was it wrong or a sin I KNEW God had opened all the right doors for me to do it and yes He is the ultimate physican but God uses Doctors too! Every day I get up and I pray that God would give me the strength and will power to eat the right things, exercise, and its very very hard.... I can not do it on my own God strengthens me. The devil is going to try and play mind games with you and try to make you live in fear and I curse that in the name of JESUS!! God has a plan and purpose for you and your families life-remember that when somthing bad happens ask God to use it for his glory God has a great way of turning lemons into lemonaid-and what the devil meant to destroy you with can be the very thing that can be a great testimony. Try looking up scriptures on fear and peace and pray that God will give you a peace, pray over those children that God would put a protection around your family!! I will keep you in my prayers!!

He paid A debt he did not owe!

I owed a debt I could not pay.

I needed someone to wash my sins away.

And now I sing a brand new song Amazing Grace all day long.

CHRIST JESUS Paid a debt that I could never pay.

To be banded tomorow. Went to preop appt. today was really cool. Geting nervous now!

May God calm your nerves. We know HE can, he calmed the sea. May you have peace and comfort and may your surgery go without any hesistations. May you get sleep and calmness this pm. Keep us posted when you are able. I will be praying for calmness and a GREAT outcome for you!

Well thank you LORD! Band is installed.Have some discomfort and gas. but feel good overall. My doctor just called Dr. Felts (Great doctor by the way.) Thank you guy's for your prayers.To all those in CHRIST.