Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am new here. So, hello! I have had the lap band for 9 months and am feeling good. However, I am in a funk! I have lost 32lbs and I know a lot of inches {I need to measure myself}. Since I have lost a lot I am wondering if I should get a small fill because I am in the green zone but I am starting to get hungry between meals like in the beginning. A little tweak hopefully can get me out of my funk! Thanks for reading. Tips are appreciated :)

Welcome! I'm 9 months out too. It took several fills to get to GREEN for me. Only feel that I got there a month and a half ago. Exercising 6 days a week now. I'm trying to live my life one day at a time. This is what GREEN means to me..... I only eat 2 to 3 times a day. I'm not hungry inbetween meals. I eat a relatively small meals. I still deal with and fight HEAD HUNGER though. Best Wishes as you continue your journey!

Oh man that is awesome. I'm hoping a little tweak can get me back to not being hungry between meals anymore. I hate being hungry haha. Thanks for reply!!!

Be careful. If you are truly in the green, a "tweak" May put you over and in turn reverse your progress. I'm in the same position as you and have toyed with the idea of a small fill myself...but I figured if it ain't broke...jus sayin

I am 8 months out and have lost 50# to date. I am filled to about 5 1/2 cc out of a 10cc band. I've had about 4 fills and my last fill a few weeks ago has been a nightmare. I can eat about 1/2 c of food and feel like I'm going to vomit. And sometimes I do. I'm afraid that the full feeling in my throat is what the LB is supposed to do to u. Is this the feeling of the green zone or am I way to restricted. Thanks for listening :)

There is a very fine line - a perfect balance, between how much your band is adjusted, the foods you eat, and your eating habits....

It can be very hard to find that perfect "Groove" where everything clicks.

My last fill, was 4 months after surgery...it put me over the top...could not keep anything down, even Water was a struggle....I called my Dr. wanting to come back in to get a little taken out..,he talked me into holding out for a week or two....REMEMBER, ONLY YOUR DR KNOWS YOU...

Sure enough, little by little thing got better.....it was not the band, it was me...I had to change a lifetime of bad habits, eating wrong.....it was hard to change that in 4 months....they know this, that is why they start preaching the "Rules" long before they actually apply to anything...they know we need to change ourselves to adjust to the band....I did adjust, and I did change my life and habits to suit the band.....there are foods I will never eat again, just too risky....when I do eat I know I have to take tiny bites, chew thoroughly and take my time....I cannot drink with my meals.

It was 4 months after surgery I got my last fill, then another 6 months after that until I started to feel I was getting the hang of this.....remember there is a lifetime of bad eating that had to be broken....I'm still learning things...

I have NOT been stuck in over 2 years.....I have no appetite and rarely experience hunger..not just between meals, but 24 hours a day. When I do eat, the band tells me when I have eaten enough, and not to continue.......the band also tells me what foods to avoid which incidentally turns out to be food that aren't that good in the first place.

It is my new lifestyle....with new eating habits.

And for it, I have lost all possible excess weight I can...my body has settled at it's optimum weight, with a very low body fat %....I am done loosing, and my weight has been rock steady for 2 years now....I have no fear of ever gaining weight....not intimidated by parties, buffets, vacations..etc, etc. The band is the same no matter where I am or what I am doing....

Head hunger and cravings have been defeated....I used to get it, would go out of my way to have that dough nut, etc, then after one bite I realize I cannot eat it and I'll spit the bite out and throw the dough-nut away....after doing this for a few months with different head hunger foods, eventually Behavior Modification finally wins over and I dismiss these cravings as fast as they appear, knowing the band will not allow me to indulge so I'm wasting my time....

Now I could get an un-fill, and that would allow me to eat more freely, larger portions of any foods I want....

last month I did get 1/2cc taken out to see what would happen...It's been over 3 years...BIG MISTAKE

Realized just how important and what a big part the band is playing even though I don't actually feel as if it is even there....

Not everyone experiences what I do, nor do I expect others to be like me...everyone has to find their own comfort level to achieve success....but it is worth noting that different people work this band differently, and there are people out there who get upset if you don't do things the way they do it....whether it worked for them or not....

I'm not one of them...

Edited by B-52