Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Paying $325.00 per fill, too much?

I had planned on an aftercare doc after I have my surgery in TJ, but when I had the money to pay them for a fill, I found out that their lawyers are deciding on wheather or not to take other docs patients. I called my second choice and low and behold, now they arent seeing other doctors patients. So, the first doctor I came to that would see me I made an appointment with. $325...Fill with no floro, he offered no nutritional advise or even what to eat after a fill. He is 3 hours away from me. I live in Mobile, Al so I can go to Panhandle of Florida, Mississippi or Louisiana. We get cheap airflights from here to Houston, but then I have to stay overnight and a taxi. HELP!!!! I know there has to be someone out there!!!

i can't believe u pay a fortune to get the band and u have to pay for fills to

i live in on. canada and don' t have to. i paid 15,000 plus gst. to get my band and if i have to replace it i have to pay 2500. I can't believe health care is so expensive in the many countries and it isn't always the best.

I have had good care down down here so far and about 5 fills and and a defill.

There is a fill center in Bend, Or. woundn't that be closer for her? Try their website for more info www.fillcentersusa.com

Kaelin... No, I don't believe so. She lives in Astoria, near the coast. Portland would be the closest and she insists on someone that does the fleuroscopy (sp). I believe she now goes all the way to Tacoma or Seatle, I am not sure which. She tries to combine it with business trips for work so her boss pays for gas and hotel. She pays $375.00 and I think that's a lot of money for a little Fluid.

I am really glad I only have to drive about 5 minutes to my doctor's office. After I get all the fills that came with the surgery, he said they will be $160.

I hope I get it right before I have to start paying. He doesn't use floro but he just sticks it once and it's over with in a second.

I had my band in Australia, but live in Canada and found a Dr who unfilled me yesterday, he charges $125 for either filling or unfilling and I will try to claim that on private insurance also. He didn't use a fluro - just poked around and got it first time - I was impressed - I'm gonna send him some wine (know he likes red), probably can afford his own - but it ain't everyday you find someone that doesn't hurt and has a sense of humour.

I am completely self-pay. My fills are $250 plus $119 for Flouro. Yup: $369 a pop! They have always gone smoothly, though, and after 4 fills I am finally at good restriction.

Thanks for all the information. I have this on my list to ask my surgeon. I guess you should never assume things. I did not even think of after care and if this was covered or not? I have my band date for June 7 and my appointment with the surgeon on May 21 and a long list of questions! I find this to be so helpful.

thank you.

My lap band is a package deal. Fills are included for one year after surgery. I can't believe you people are getting ripped off like that!! $300+ for a fill?? that's ridiculous. My surgeons even rotate out and take turns coming to my city once a week to see all their patients here, so we don't have to travel so far. That's why I have chosen to go with them. I'm looking at July.

Ok so here is a question I'm set to be banded on May 18th 07 I assumed also that fills to were included. On lapband solutions website it says that if you self pay 15K your fills are free for a year. Soes this mean that if your insurance covers you have to pay for fills. Does anyone know how much the fills are at Lapband solutions - Houston?

My doctors fills just went up try 500 dollars and I don't have insurance!

My doctor charges $200.00 for fills in his office, but for fluro it's a whopping $785.00. Ridiculous! Needless to say, I had to get my fill w/o fluro for the time being.

I was just wondering who lived in Astoria???????

Kaelin... No, I don't believe so. She lives in Astoria, near the coast. Portland would be the closest and she insists on someone that does the fleuroscopy (sp). I believe she now goes all the way to Tacoma or Seatle, I am not sure which. She tries to combine it with business trips for work so her boss pays for gas and hotel. She pays $375.00 and I think that's a lot of money for a little Fluid.

i'm from nj .my fills with flro are $550 . no ins. coverage until $1000 deductable is met.waited long time between 1st and 2nd fill because of expence.not loosimg well. probably will need anoyher soon.will be living in poor house, but despritly need to loose!!!!