Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

TWO DAYS POST OP AND ALL IS WELL!

Hello Everyone! I've finally made it to the other side! I had my sleeve done this past Thursday, May 8th. I was a nervous wreck and worked myself up for not much. My biggest problem was coming out of the anesthesia (my norm), other than that I was feeling pretty good after surgery, of course meds helped. I had the gas pains really bad, and gas-x strips did little to help me, I just got up and walked around for brief periods to get it moving. My best friend has been my heating pad, nice and warm. Been sipping green tea, Water, water mixed w/protein shot, chicken broth that I prepared ahead of time, apple juice, white grapefruit juice; all 100% just no sugar added, and mixed 2oz juice and 2oz water. Also been chewing on ice chips from the icemaker at home, just crush it up, having a hard time figuring out when I'm full though, but for now, just sipping, walking, and feeling pretty darn good! Yay!

Way to go. You are doing all the right things - moving around, trying to get liquid in your body. Try and stay off the juice even if it's 100%. Remember to rest and get your Protein in and you'll see the weight come off. Enjoy the journey

Congrats to you chickie!! I has problems coming out of anesthesia too!! I would not wake up (cause I hate being woke up anyways) and I became combative and it took 3 people to hold me down!!!

Congratulations !! Sounds like you are off to a great start

I had my surgery on Friday the 9th. I'm home now. Feeling a little regretful because I drink little sips of Water and it gets stuck n painful. I know its a process. But can't wait for it to feel better.

Hey gcaro, it does get better, be patient. I guarantee you by tomorrow the bloating will be less so that alone is a huge releif! For me the "turning the corner day" of feeling MUCH better was day 5! Hang in there, walk walk walk!

I know for me my Nut said that 100% apple and cranberry juice with no added sugar was fine during the first week or so after surgery since I won't be having any real Protein per se in the clear liquid phase. She said they want to get some calories in us :-) For me the juices leave when I can introduce Protein Shakes again. Besides, with the amount we can drink I can't believe I will be consuming too many calories to worry about.

I had my surgery on Friday the 9th. I'm home now. Feeling a little regretful because I drink little sips of Water and it gets stuck n painful. I know its a process. But can't wait for it to feel better.

I am 7 days post op and I feel so much better. The first few days were hard for me and drinking was painful. It has gotten easier. Keep walking and do what you can and you will be surprised how much better you will feel in a few days. I started to corner around 5 days post op, but yesterday and today are even better. Today is my first day on puréed foods. Hang in there!

I am 7 days post op and I feel so much better. The first few days were hard for me and drinking was painful. It has gotten easier. Keep walking and do what you can and you will be surprised how much better you will feel in a few days. I started to corner around 5 days post op, but yesterday and today are even better. Today is my first day on puréed foods. Hang in there!

Great response Michelle, I too am 7 days post op and yes day 5 you feel good but day you feel reaaly good, thank God!

Looking forward to feeling better 2 days post and not that great

I feel pretty good now 7 days out. Seems like I get indigestion when anything hits my stomach but I work through it because I know dehydration can land you back in the hospital. Thank God I haven't felt much true hunger. Hope that sticks.