Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Discouraged and Heartbroken.

Are hospice care well-managing his pain and/or anxiety? Minimizing his suffering should be the primary focus.

And again, SO MANY hugs to you. I know this is absolutely grueling and so constantly, exquisitely painful. You will get through it, cry all you need to, and be super gentle with yourself. Try to get as much sleep as you can as well. Forget about anything else, let your focus go where it needs to. <3

Lisa

Did they give him a round of IV albumin too?

Yes he gets this every two weeks.

At least he's getting some half way decent care. I'm so very glad for that. How are you doing? Are you ok?

Are hospice care well-managing his pain and/or anxiety? Minimizing his suffering should be the primary focus.

And again, SO MANY hugs to you. I know this is absolutely grueling and so constantly, exquisitely painful. You will get through it, cry all you need to, and be super gentle with yourself. Try to get as much sleep as you can as well. Forget about anything else, let your focus go where it needs to. <3

His pain is managed well. I don't have him on hospice as I a his sole caregiver. I know there are mixed feelings about this so I won't really get into it. I don't like the hospice care here and Im not willing to give up his albumin infusion which he can't get on hospice. It makes him feel better so we continue to do this every two weeks. I would also have to give up care of our primary doctor and have hospice Dr's take over. Not willing to do that either. I think he deserves everything I can do so I will continue to do so if I can. Thanks for all of your support guys.. I appreciate it.

Lisa I don't know what I would do in your situation. I only know that what I see shows someone who is very giving, very loving, and trying to do the best they can think of through an extremely stressful, upsetting, and tiring situation.

My prayers and love to you both. I wish that everyone had a strong commitment like you both do.

Dear @@Lisa's Hope, I'm praying for you, your husband and for your family in this difficult time. I won't try to give you advice on how to get back on track. I went through 3 losses in 10 months and it is extremely difficult to overcome something like this. I couldn't even imagine how awful this is for you. Take care of yourself in this time, and if you need someone to chat with I'm here. Hugs!

I would love any advice you could give me. I need to get back on track. I'm so down on myself and I know that if I don't do something, I will get back over 200. The weight will be here when he is gone and I know this is a hard battle. I'm so distraught!! UGH.. why can't I be strong enough to not let this happen again! I'm losing in everything.

I personally went to seek out professional help. It is NOT easy to overcome losing loved ones, especially more than one or in your case your best friend and lover in this world. I cannot imagine...

I went to see a psychiatrist as well as a therapist who helped me deal with the issue of grief and losing loved ones. I had about 4 sessions before I started to feel well enough that I didn't need to go back, but I do have her information should I need to see her at any time. I was very helpful. The fact is if our brains aren't in the right place we will not be able to function in the capacity that is necessary for weight loss and/or maintenance.

That is my advice at this time. Go talk to someone, get some help through this awful time in your life. Go as long and as often as you need to. In the mean time I will pray for your strength and that someday all you will need are the good memories to get through each day.

:(

Dear @@Lisa's Hope, I'm praying for you, your husband and for your family in this difficult time. I won't try to give you advice on how to get back on track. I went through 3 losses in 10 months and it is extremely difficult to overcome something like this. I couldn't even imagine how awful this is for you. Take care of yourself in this time, and if you need someone to chat with I'm here. Hugs!

I would love any advice you could give me. I need to get back on track. I'm so down on myself and I know that if I don't do something, I will get back over 200. The weight will be here when he is gone and I know this is a hard battle. I'm so distraught!! UGH.. why can't I be strong enough to not let this happen again! I'm losing in everything.

I agree with Irene. I saw a therapist for quite some time, off and on, after going through this. I also went on anti-depressants and anti-anxiety meds for a long time (and then again later with a bit of PTSD going on). It's nothing to trifle with -- it's truly the hardest thing ever, in my opinion.

I should add, eventually the bittersweet memories became more prominent than the experience I had lived through -- and sadness remains, but life goes on. And your heart goes on. Truly.

I am sure that if I was going through what you are going through I would be walking into walls and sobbing at all times....I am so sorry for your troubles. Cancer is a horrible enemy and it is so unfair for anyone to suffer so much....

Please look after yourself.. Not just for you but for your soul mate as well.. If the dark night is when you slip up chose something else to do instead of sitting there alone...Take a hot bath and or maybe read a book...I don't know. All I know is adding to your pain is way to much right now.....

Do the best you can for both of you...Once again please except my best wishes in this time of hardship!

I personally went to seek out professional help. It is NOT easy to overcome losing loved ones, especially more than one or in your case your best friend and lover in this world. I cannot imagine...

I went to see a psychiatrist as well as a therapist who helped me deal with the issue of grief and losing loved ones. I had about 4 sessions before I started to feel well enough that I didn't need to go back, but I do have her information should I need to see her at any time. I was very helpful. The fact is if our brains aren't in the right place we will not be able to function in the capacity that is necessary for weight loss and/or maintenance.

That is my advice at this time. Go talk to someone, get some help through this awful time in your life. Go as long and as often as you need to. In the mean time I will pray for your strength and that someday all you will need are the good memories to get through each day.

:(

Thank you. I've already lost my parents and several other people in my life so I'm no stranger to grief. I appreciate so much your advice. Thanks again.

Lisa I don't know what I would do in your situation. I only know that what I see shows someone who is very giving, very loving, and trying to do the best they can think of through an extremely stressful, upsetting, and tiring situation.

My prayers and love to you both. I wish that everyone had a strong commitment like you both do.

Thank you so much! <3

Lisa, I'm wondering if there is anyone from church that come and sit with you in the evenings sometimes. Maybe just someone being there even if you don't talk, or maybe you do, or maybe someone just to hold you while you cry or to pray with you. Just throwing this out there. Again my heart goes out to you.