Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A week post op tomorrow.

I everyone. I am feeling pretty good although someone mentioned chewable children's Motrin for pain. You are a saint! I am a nurse and didn't even think of that. I am going to start that every 8 hours and see if I can get some of the inflammation down. I have been having a lot of back pain due to being on the operating table for more than an hour. I have had several surgeries, and anytime I am on the table any length of time, I pay with back pain. I had an issue trying to take my other meds (blood pressure meds, thyroid med and antidepressant. Trying to crush and consume them has been awful! Three days ago, within 30 minutes, I was very nauseated, lightheaded, and sweaty/clammy. I talked to my dr. who said it sounded like my blood pressure dropped too low. Anyway, I went off ALL of my meds and decided to monitor my blood pressure. My blood pressure is still at normal levels, praise God. I will continue monitoring things. Maybe I've already lost enough weight and no longer need them?!?!? The weight is pretty much falling off me right now because I have been on Clear Liquids only since April 21. I am REAL sick of jello.. Haven't been too hungry but have been craving foods the last couple of days. Just trying to keep busy... I have one more week of clear liquids. This did NOT include any Protein Drinks at all. Lastly, I have a question. I suffer a stabbing pain below my left breast when I take deep breaths, get jostled or move wrong way. I am assuming this is my bad trying to heal on my stomach, right?

@@lecouch, I hope you feel better soon. I'm 8 weeks post-op and was told no more NSAIDs for life. It's been a little difficult since Tylenol doesn't work as well on my arthritis, but as the weight is coming off, my joint pain lessens. NSAIDs can do a number on your stomach and for some people they have contributed to band erosion. Take care and speedy healing.

PS: I already went from two BP meds to one, and went off Prevacid as well.

Edited by JustWatchMe

Glad to know about NSAIDs. I will check into that....

Yeah, the topic prior to yours asked a similar question? My doctor says no Nsaids too. They can cause the lining of your stomach to allow bacteria to eat at the lining and could cause an ulcer. The most likely spot is where the band is pressuring the stomach. Check with your post op instructions or doctor?

me too no NSAIDS and I agree with JustWatchMe...sure could use some right now because I have started exercising and am feeling the burn/pain of it...LOLRH!!! I use the icy/hot stick roll on and it helps alittle, not sure what else to say-but you need to talk with your surgeon/doctor...wouldn't want anything bad to happen to you since you are so newly out...BTW lecouch...CONGRATS WELCOME TO BAND LAND!!!