Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had posted about this before. I am having my surgery on may 28. I live in community living for mental health and they said they cant be responsible for me physically after the surgery. So I have to stay somewhere else for a week

My mom supported me at first now she is totally against the surgery. She had a commitment after I told her when my surgery was. She literally wont change the date. She is digging her heels in. I think she is scared for me to have the surgery and wont budge.

I cannot have this surgery unless I have somewhere to go after.

2 of my friends offered up their places to me. One lives in a room and I would be sharing a bed with her and she is paranoid she has bedbugs(I dont think she has them)

The other situation my friend is disabled and requires the help of an aide. Id be sleeping on a air mattress. I really dont want to put her out

Does anyone know if I would qualify for rehab services for a week?(nursing care) this is my last resort

I know I wont need any help everyone is just covering their ass not to be liable

Please if anyone can help id be grateful. Im in a serious predicament. Any other suggestions? Thanks

If you pray I would appreciate prayers. Thanks again

I got cleared by everyone I feel like I have noone to advocate for me. My therapist is on vacation

Thanks again

I'm so sorry to hear about your predicament. I'd stay with the friend you feel more comfortable staying with. Air mattress or not and make it work. It's only one week. Unfortunately, I do not know about qualifying for care. Hang in there and keep us posted.

Thank you for your kind response

The air mattress might be very difficult for you. Many people sleep in recliner the first few days at home. Is the air mattress raised up so you don't have to get up from near the floor? I was not allowed to pick up stuff from the ground or bend over too far for the first few days. But every doctor and program is different.

If you are more comfortable with the friend with an air mattress and the air mattress is low to the ground, could you rent a bed from somewhere for a few days?

Best wishes for an uneventful procedure and a speedy recovery!

Lynda

Hi,

Can you call your insurance company to see if you qualify for home care? Usually a visit a couple of times a day is all you will need. How mobile are you? It will be difficult to get up from an air mattress. Can you rent a recliner? No Sharing a buggy bed. You need a clean place.

Also you will be in the hospital for a couple of days so your mom can attend her obligation then help her daughter when released.

Best,

Whit

You probably would be fine to go to your own place, and most insurance will cover a visiting nurse at least once. I was up and around doing chores the day after, albeit slowly and pausing a lot. I was back to normal by day 5, just a little more tired.

The air mattress would be nearly impossible. Getting up and down off a floor is just not going to work. I'd be wary about staying with someone who thinks they have bedbugs as well, because even if she doesn't have them, there's still a chance and you don't want to have to deal with dragging those back to your own place.

Did your facility actually say that you can't come back there after surgery, or just that they can't be liable for anything that happens? You might still be able to go home, they just won't be able to have people monitor you. Honestly, though, you probably won't need it.

I would also say the AIR MATTRESS... Do that, you will be fine in 4 to 5 days.. you really don't need any care...It is a matter of "what you are putting in your month".... and walking slow, take naps.. and rest..take your pain med.. After 4 to 5 days.. you will feel better and return to where you live... You will be fine....Good Luck....JewelJ

I'm very new to this process. Is it possible to have your surgery rescheduled?

I like the ideas above, you almost might try contacting a social worker associated with the hospital - they can help you strategize about post-operative housing options.