Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

"Thank God for My Sleeve!"

I will just pray for whomever invented this forum, and the people who put others down for being a Christian. It's so funny to me when people can voice their opinion but judge others whose opinion differs from their own.

You can thank your surgeon, but the truth is, he/she wouldn't have been able to perform your surgery if God had not given them the brain to do so! This topic was showing up under my "unread" topics, and that's the only reason I clicked on it, but I'm so very glad I did!

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, for whosoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16.

There's a really good book called the Bible that explains everything from creation to the end of the earth!

All I can do as a Christian is pray for the non-believers and hope someone crosses your path one day that shares the good news with you and then I'll see you in heaven one day!

I will not criticize you, but I will pray for you! ❤️

I don't really care if it's sarcasm or not. It's funny to me. And why are you still messaging me in the first place ? Goodnight.

Because you're fun to talk to!

Have a good night :)

This is like bariatric Facebook has anyone ever thought that? lol

@@LipstickLady like I stated before I did not know what an Atheist and the other word on this group I forgot what its called is. I've been told my whole life that they worshiped Satan. So yes @@PaulaleeB that is why ME a Beliver thought that. Now I know the true meaning. Thank You all for explaining...

Aliyah14, I'm glad to have straightened that out and you are welcome. As a matter of fact, I don't know any atheists who worship Satan. We don't much believe in Satan either. Best of luck on your weight loss journey. Paula

Comments are here are very childish and I'm only 21 haha

Says the person who commented on two words she didn't know the definition of. :D

Oh, Lard!

Here are basic definitions (from Merriam-Webster dictionary) of agnostic and atheist:

agnostic - a person who holds the view that any ultimate reality (as God) is unknown and probably unknowable; one who is not committed to believing in either the existence or the nonexistence of God or a god

atheist - a person who believes that God does not exist

Thank you PaulaleeB good luck also too you too (:

LipstickLady you sound stupid because not knowing something does not mean your childish. You can be ignorant or unknowing of a something. So basically if you don't know who Henrietta lacks is or the definition of a phenotype you are childish ? Good day haha

With respect, Alliyah, this isn't the forum for you.

Go start your own.

LipstickLady you sound stupid because not knowing something does not mean your childish. You can be ignorant or unknowing of a something. So basically if you don't know who Henrietta lacks is or the definition of a phenotype you are childish ? Good day haha

Hmmm... So you're telling me that name calling or throwing out a pretty big insult based on something you know nothing about is mature? Ok! ;)

No I said you "sound" stupid not that you are. I'm not one to call names. Anyway I do apologize if I have offended/insulted anyone on this site. You ladies have a good day and good luck through out your weight loss journey! (:

Tolerance is tough--even in a free society where we're each free to believe what we want and to express our beliefs publicly.

Religious tolerance seems to be one of the toughest of all tolerances to achieve and maintain. And it's challenging to find ourselves socially, in real life or online, in situations where others who believe differently from us assume that their beliefs and values are shared by everyone.

None of this is new. It's been a major provocation of civilization for as long as people have tried to live well in groups. But it's interesting to watch the phenomenon in myself and in others.

Tolerance must be especially challenging to achieve and maintain for those whose beliefs and values require them to proselytize and try to convert others to their way of thinking.

The old advice to avoid religious discussions is workable, but sometimes not completely satisfactory.

Random musings after my first cup of coffee ....

I am not nearly as well spoken as @@VSGAnn2014, especially before my first cuppa, but I will say that I find it quite interesting that believers have no problem coming into this forum and condemning/proselytizing/offering up "prayers" to those who do not hold the same beliefs. Some of those prayers seem to be offered as a mockery or out of pity instead of what I believe the true spirit of prayer should be based on.

Never on these forums do I see non believers entering into the Religious forum or even the general forum and railing against religion, publicly condemning God or offering piteous words to those of religious conviction.

The whole idea of tolerance seems to be a very one way street when it comes to believers/non believers. ;)

Very well said both of you. And it is so true!

This is why I am "closeted". I live in Mormon country (a lot of people don't realize that Idaho, as well as Utah, has a large Mormon community), so it's very hard for me to come out as a non believer. Not so much personally, but professionally believe it or not. I am a Realtor, so I use Social Media a lot to attain and maintain clients. I fear that my "non believer" status would cost me business. In reality, it probably would. How sad is that?

Sometimes I have to laugh at all the Christians and believers who feel so "persecuted". It's perfectly acceptable to utter phrases in every day life and on Social Media like "I'll pray for you" and "Thank you, Lord for XXXX" and basically have other people's religions shoved down my throat on a daily basis. But it's cool. To each his own. But if I DARE utter the words "I believe we are evolved creatures, trust science, and don't actually rely on a book written a few thousand years ago to determine my moral compass"...well, that doesn't go over very well. Between the angry insults and the condescending "I'll pray for you, you poor lost soul", WHO exactly is the persecuted one?