Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

Hey guys... I"m still struggling... BADLY!

I almost think I need therapy... Sugar is like my heroin. I crave it night and day. I eat so much sugar crap everyday that when I am having a good day and eating right, my blood sugar will bottom out on me. Its like my body needs it now... I can't imagine going an entire day without a cookie or candy bar or something. But I cna't seem to stop with one.

I want to get another fill, but the band doesn't stop sugar from going down.

Please. I swear I am desperate. I'm back up to 315 - my lowest weight in May was 270's. I can't stand the thought of being 380 again!

Hey guys... I"m still struggling... BADLY!

I almost think I need therapy... Sugar is like my heroin. I crave it night and day. I eat so much sugar crap everyday that when I am having a good day and eating right, my blood sugar will bottom out on me. Its like my body needs it now... I can't imagine going an entire day without a cookie or candy bar or something. But I cna't seem to stop with one.

I want to get another fill, but the band doesn't stop sugar from going down.

Please. I swear I am desperate. I'm back up to 315 - my lowest weight in May was 270's. I can't stand the thought of being 380 again!

Hi, Suzzz. Replace the sugar. Is it something sweet you crave or sugar? Try pineapple, sf pudding w/free whipped topping, strawberries. You could get another fill and it might stop the multiple Cookies.< /p>

My lowest has been 233, 50 pound loss. Had my port put back in on 11/14 and then again on 11/26 (the tube was out at the surface so doc went back in for a third port try). I'm at 238 this morning. I'm wavering in the 230's all year, but with no port since June and no fills since like last year.

Wishing you all luck!

Beckit--good for you!!!! Keep up the good work. Will your doctor replace your port soon? Why is your port gone?

Beckit--good for you!!!! Keep up the good work. Will your doctor replace your port soon? Why is your port gone?

Hi, Bigbaby! You look wonderful, btw!

I had my port removed June 08, on my bandiversary. :cool: Took IV Antibiotics daily for a month to get rid of the MRSA Staph infection at port site. :thumbup: Waited for 3 all clear tests from Infectious Disease Doctor before even thinking of getting the port put back in. They finally put it back in Nov. 14 :lol:, on the 18th I started showing signs of infection and on the 21st surgeon saw me and said the tube from the band to the port was out at the surface level against the skin (a no-no) so he wanted to do surgery to repair :cool:. Went in 11/26 and he removed that port instead and put in a new tube and put the port in a separate "pocket" in my abdomen in hopes of reducing MRSA chances.

Just got back from Post-Op visit this afternoon. Good so far. Incisions healing and port looks fine to the naked eye. Waiting two weeks and if all is good at that time, I'll get a fill that day. :thumbup:

Beckit--thanks for the compliment.

Glad to know you're back on the road to good health...I'll keep you in mind and you keep me posted.

It sad to see so many of you struggling. Maybe the new year will bring new resolve. I am having another tight episode. I think it's stress-related.

Happy Holidays everyone!

Also sorry to hear some of you are having rough Patches. I have lost faith that I´m ever getting out of the obese category but still, I wouldn´t get rid of my band for anything. If I have to be honest, I know how to eat around it and, like Suzzie, find it hard to deny myself. I haven´t weighed myself in many months and have been quite active and having a good time (am in Germany now) so at least I´m enjoying life. Still, I can´t help but be disappointed in myself and the band. I thought I´d be a lot more successful because I started out so well. Then again, I used to follow the rules!

I really admire the people who have got to a normal weight and solved their issues. They are an inspiration.

OK. So tell me if you think this idea is stupid and insane..

I'm thinking about getting a partial unfill. Like, 1-2cc maybe? I eat around my band cause I want to eat more than 1 cup of food. RIght now I have some days where I'm so tight that 1/2 cup food goes down slow and is downright uncomfortable. Of course there are other days where i can eat more, but still it is uncomfortable. I would almost call it painful... and I'm not taking big bites either.

Also, I cannot eat much meat or veggies at all. These things haven't gone down well in a very long time. I feel like if I get a couple cc's out then I will be able to eat enough to mentally satisfy myself. Maybe I'll even be able to eat a freaking salad(!) which I have been craving for over year and am unable to eat at all.

Anyway... I was just thinking that instead of eating around my band and GAINING more weight, that I should play with my band some and find a good spot for me where I can eat real food and feel mentally and nutritionally satisfied.

I'm so embarrassed to go to the doc though and have them see how much I've gained. Ugh!

Suzzie,

I think you need to go to your doctor and talk to them about your restriction and your difficult time with eating the right foods. That is what they are there for so I would take advantage of it. I was also told that if you are too tight then that can make you gain also because we do tend to eat what will go down the best at that point.

Hi all... I haven't checked on here for sooo long! I don't want to brag, but I am now officially down 100lbs! I guess I am a text book bandster, I have used it as a tool and started exercising in June which has really helped. Merry Christmas!

bcrazy!!!

CONGRATZ!!! CONGRATZ!!!! I'm down 82lbs and greatful for it...I look good in my clothes....I am exercising (trying to) and look to lose approx. 20-30 more...It will totally depend on how my body looks. I focus more on the clothes size rather than the scale number.

OK! I went in for my unfill... of course got the WHY DID YOU WAIT SO LONG lecture.. OMG guys... I can EAT food without pain. I ate an entire veggie burger (plain, no bread) without pain!! I did not feel stuffed, full, or anything! I haven't been able to eat an entire one in MONTHS! FOOD, I LOVE YOU!

Bad news... I knew I'd gained a crapload of weight by eating around the band... it's 7 pounds per month... so that is a total of 42 pounds! YIKES!!!! I'm sooo sooo ashamed... BUT, I'm better now and will keep better track of myself and my food now that I don't have to rely on sugar in order to be able to eat.

Now HOPEFULLY my little Fish in my Ticker will start swimming FORAWRD again!

Congrats to everyone who is doing well - bcrazy and bigbaby! You guys are awesome!

Edited by Suzzzie.

SUZZIE--YOU ARE AWESOME!!!

it takes courage to get started again. I wish you well and KNOW that you will succeed!!!! We're in this together!!!!

SUZZZIE, DAH-LING...

MWA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

AND NOW THE EVIL TEXASFIRE IS BACK TO KICK YOU IN THE BEHIND TO GET YOU GOING, TOO!

ARE YOU KEEPING A food DIARY WITHIN A SPECIFIED CALORIE LIMIT? ARE YOU GOING TO THE GYM FIVE DAYS A WEEK? TALK TO ME, GIRLFRIEND!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On another note, I am still completely unfilled and eating anything and everything I can get my hands on. Thank god I work out like a freak, or I would be HUGE. I really need to get back on a regimented eating plan, though. I'm not eating enough or often enough to handle my workouts, particularly on a nice day when I jump on my bike and don't see home for five hours. We could text each other when we are eating and try to keep each other inside our goals? Just a thought. Something simple...as I know you love to text and are very fast at it!

On yet another note, are you still planning to move to Texas? Give me an update, please?

Goodnight to all...I'm about to collapse!

Hey Stef, welcome back. We missed you and your fire. Bcrazy- Please brag. You are amazing to have kept up your exercise. 100 pounds wooh! Of course, Lil baby, you are just as amazing and I love your positivity. Just got on the scales and I have lost 50% of the weight I gained so I guess it can come off again.

Suzz, I´m so proud of your for going back to the doctor. I hope it works. You need some nutrients in you at any rate.