Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

Suzzie--I don't know if this will help the sugar cravings, but it helps me. I'm totally a sugar addict too. I keep the Crystal Light packets with me at all times--it's just enough sweetness to kill the cravings. Also, I chew X-tra peppermint or winterfresh gum.

Dan--Did you ever ask the young lady at your ortho's office out? Give us the details????????????

FYI--I'm in week 5 of the couch to 5K program...I'm nervous about my next workout---it's a 20 min run!!!!! UGGG!

Hi all! Just checking in - I am reading, just haven't felt like saying much. I am struggling still. After my unfill, I have been able to eat almost anything I want. On top of that I stopped taking my birth control pills because I thought they were making me hungry - well I definitely know why I am over weight. I don't think I have any insulin control. I am hungry constantly - not rolling stomach, but headache, weak, and lightheaded, unless I eat some carbs. I have been up and down with the same 5 lbs for the last 2 months. I can't stop craving salt and chocolate. I am going to a new general practice doc tomorrow and am planning on talking to him about Byetta or some other sort of diabetic medication to hopefully help control my insulin. If he can't help me, I think I am going to have to find an endocrinologist.

My hubby went for a fill this week. Rhonda you mentioned burning - my hubby has that with almost every meal. If he sits and waits for a little bit it will pass and he can continue to eat. He could definitely eat too much so was ready for a fill - the new band doc is concerned though that he may not be completely rid of the H. Pylori, so he is ordering the breath test that the GI doc recommended before we moved. He is probably going to end up getting scoped again, if he is not still positive for H. Pylori.

so although I think we both have been successful so far, it has been and continues to be a struggle. No one better ever say this is the Easy way!

On a good note we were able to get our house rented out in MO and hope to move them to a lease to own program in the fall. So we are house hunting in TN now.

thank you all for keeping the thread alive! I learn something each time I read.

Yeah it sucks about gain weight back, but I actually feel pretty good because of this fill. I am just now feeling any kind of restriction. I have got some stuff stuck in the past but only like 3-4 times since June. That’s really the only time I knew I had WLS. I think this fill is really making a difference. I just started pureed food this morning and I could only handle about ½-3/4 cup of pureed eggs. I go to solid foods on Saturday and I am pretty excited to feel what it’s like to have good restriction.

On another note, I did ask that girl out at my appointment and we had lunch that day (13th) and we went to a friend’s party that weekend. I am having a party at my house on Sunday and I pretty sure she is going to come. But to be honest I don’t really see anything to serious happening at this point. She is one of those people that’s fun to be around, but is kind of a big partier and that’s not really what I am looking for. But I think I will just have to go out with her a few more times to really see how she is.

When it comes to the ice cream, I can’t buy it. If I do buy some, I have to eat it till it’s gone. That goes for all the sweet stuff anymore. Like I have been saying for sometime now, I eat most the crap foods at work on the boat because I am not in control of what we get. At the grocery I even try to avoid going down any of the isles that have that stuff on them. And if I have to down there to get something else I find my self walking real fast to get out of there.

So good to hear from you Missy and Karla. A size 14, that's astounding. 6 pounds isn't bad.

Missy, your ticker still blows me away. If you have been reading, you'll know that a lot of us have been plateauing around this stage. I'm glad you're looking for other options to combat it.

Steph ~ I know you have posted information about the Protein Bars before but I don't want to go back and read through everything. Can you order the Protein bars online?

Edited by nvalicia

Okay, catching up with everyone, so here goes a long one! :cheers2:

So we are all trying to cut out the junk...If I could cut it out, I would prob lose without working out. I'm soooo not ready to get my big ass on my bike!...The prob with getting a fill is I am just now getting over the excruciating heartburn. Does anyone else get that?

Yes, I get heartburn on occasion, too. HOWEVER, when my fill was too tight, it was excruciating. I was so glad to get my unfill! Good luck on quitting the sweets, too...that's great that y'all are all doing it together! P.S. Your ass is not too big for a bike, girlie! Get on it! LOL

This is day 4 with no ice cream - And my bitch of a friend I was with today kept teasing me about going to Cold Stone!!... at this rate I think I am planning a birthday party for myself AT Cold Stone...I'm off to the gym!!...

Hooray for four days with no ice cream, Suzzzie! That is awesome! Yes, smack that bitch down for teasing your with Cold Stone! LOL Birthday party there? Ummm...NO. How'd the gym go?

I was disappointed that I was only down 6 pounds since Jan. 3...Steph ~ I ordered 2 boxes of the pb supreme Protein bars. They were sent out today...I fit into a freakin size 14.

Dissapointed that you lost six pounds? Are you crazy, girl? That is six pounds that I pray you never see again! And YOU got rid of them...so pat yourself on the back and get "back on the stick" again tomorrow with this new fill! And size 14? That is GREAT! As far as seeing only fat in the mirror, I wish I knew the answer to that...you have to love yourself and no one can give that to you...but WE love you! OMG, the PB ones?!?!? I'd all but given up on them ever reaching anywhere for me to try the PB ones! Where did you get them from? GNC is supposed to get them before anyone, and they don't have them yet! ARGH!

FYI--I'm in week 5 of the couch to 5K program...I'm nervous about my next workout---it's a 20 min run!!!!! UGGG!

Okay, how the hell did I miss that you started C25K? Or did I just forget? (Prolly! LOL) If you don't mind, would you PM me details of how it is going for you? You and I are running about neck and neck it seems and I just put that off and put that off. It could be that I am freaking addicted to cycling, too! I really, really, really want to do a triathalon this fall, but I have GOT to get running!

I am hungry constantly - not rolling stomach, but headache, weak, and lightheaded, unless I eat some carbs...I am going to a new general practice doc tomorrow and am planning on talking to him about Byetta or some other sort of diabetic medication to hopefully help control my insulin.

I am finding, also, that since my unfill I will get an excruciating headache if I don't eat enough. With me, if I eat a piece of turkey Jerky, it usually disappears quickly, so mine must be a protein thing. And the turkey jerkey is so tender that I haven't had issues with it going down at all as of yet. That may have been timing, though, because I've found that since my unfill, my band is completely fickle...sometimes I can eat anything if I take it slow, and many times yogurt may barely trickle through. Only the good Lord knows why! I hope you get your insulin under control, Missy. I'm kind of freaked out today on my side. I went back to my doc for a four-week follow up and I DO have diabetes. I was in shock. But he also said that my levels are not bad and getting the rest of my weight off would likely correct it. Then he put me on the 10MCG Byetta instead of the 5MCG. Word to the wise if you are prescribed Byetta...keep it in the fridge always...not just the one night before you start it like the insert says. It loses potency as the month goes by if you keep it at room temperature. Found that out the hard way this last two weeks!

I think this fill is really making a difference...I think I will just have to go out with her a few more times to really see how she is...When it comes to the ice cream, I can’t buy it. If I do buy some, I have to eat it till it’s gone.

I'm glad to hear the fill is doing well for you, Dan! And let us know how the girl thing goes...we're rooting for you! And "AMEN" on the ice cream comment! I have to eat it till it's gone, too! My last bit of Buttered Pecan went tonight and I'm not buying any more!

Steph ~ I know you have posted information about the protein bars before but I don't want to go back and read through everything. Can you order the protein bars online?

Absolutely! And hopefully Karla will post where she got the Peanut Butter ones ordered from! You can order the Caramel Nut chocolate ones from many places, but the best price I usually find on just about anything is here: Bodybuilding.com - Supreme Protein Product Listing - On Sale! Lowest Prices For Supreme Protein! If anyone knows a cheaper place, please let us know! :smile: (Make sure y'all are ordering the "Carb Conscious" version or they WILL make you gain weight!)

And just as an aside...who the heck finds out they are diabetic AFTER banding and losing most of their weight?!?!? This is really messed up.

Here's the write-up for the new flavor. Looks basically the same except this one is yellow instead of orange.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peanut Butter Crunch Bar

(86 gram bar)

pnut-cc-bar.jpg

Gourmet mass-building bar in a sensational new flavor!

Here's good news for athletes everywhere who like a little flavorful variety with their highly anabolic nutrition. The new Peanut Butter Crunch Supreme Protein® bars are here and they're already poised to become the new snack of choice for highly active people who want to reward their taste buds and their growing muscles at the same time.

The amazing new Supreme Protein® Peanut Butter Crunch bar is so incredibly delicious that most who try it proclaim it tastes even better than the original Caramel Nut chocolate bar. And, of course, the Peanut Butter Crunch bar's quadruple-layer confection of rich chocolate, crunchy Protein crisps, nutty nougat and creamy peanut butter puts ordinary candy to shame.

The Peanut Butter Crunch bar has more going for it than simply out-of-this-world flavor. You'll be further delighted to know this sensational taste treat also contains the same superior-quality whey protein as the original flavor. In addition to its 30 big grams of protein, powered by premium whey isolate, it also contains healthy fats including flaxseed oil, plus Vitamins, minerals, and zero trans fat. Supporting a healthy, active lifestyle with a gourmet bar that also delivers serious amino-rich muscle-building power is the ultimate combination of flavor and performance.

One bite of the Supreme Protein® Peanut Butter Crunch bar and you'll see for yourself that it's without a doubt the most delicious product of its kind on the market today--as good, if not even better, than the original flavor. And that's saying a mouthful!

sp_store_210x168_peanut.jpg cc-peanut.jpg

Wow Stef - You're a SUPER poster. Haha.

Gym went good. Even though I hadn't been there is forever I still easily did 60 minutes elliptical, every 5 minutes I increased my incline by 1, until I reached the highest (10) then I would lower it by 3 so I could start 'cool down'. I can tell in my leg mucsles that I hadn't been there is a while, otherwise all went well. I'm hoping to get back there tonight... we'll see if life gets in the way. I have some friends wanting me to go out tonight, BUT I was out last night until after 1am and I have to work today so I only got about 4 hours of sleep/ Heck, I may just come home and go to bed!!!

Hi everyone! I did get my PB Supreme Protein bars from ProSource. They were on sale for $25.95 (reg. $41.00). Just waiting to get them :cheers2:

People probably find out they're diabetics *after their surgery because they're taking better care of themselves and getting more medical care, and they are finally diagnosed with a condition that existed all along. I know I resisted getting "tagged with diabetes" for several years, and even quit one of my doctors and found another one....serious denial going on!

I see my doc tomorrow, and I'm getting the Byetta. I had my blood drawn, so I'll get my new A1C number (it tells you your average blood sugars for the past 3 months so you know if your diabetes is improving or not) so I'll know if a 50# loss made much difference. I honestly don't expect there to be much improvement. Something tells me my body is going kaputz with the insulin production/sugar metabolism, especially if I have any amount of alcohol. I was blacking out for the first time in 20 years when I'd have more than 3 glasses of wine...now that's not a good thing.....very scary and has made me very paranoid about having anything to drink. I know I know, wine is not in my bandster diet rules, but oh well. I'm really getting psyched to lose the next 30 pounds, whatever it takes, yes even hauling my onion up on my bike.

thanks Insub - it is still pretty amazing to me, but then I watch the biggest loser and see how the women look at my current weight and realize I have a lot more to go.

I really think the key to getting the rest of the weight off along with exercise, is to get my insulin under control. the new doc was not willing to start Byetta right away though, so I am starting the glucaphage (metaformin?), then going back to to see him in a month. He drew every sort of lab imaginable also, I hope he doesn't find anything else! He said he would be very concerned about byetta bottoming my sugar out, since I don't have full blown diabetes, but fighting with PCOS.

Hope everyone has a good Easter!

Steph- Did the doc do labs and see if you were diabetic before putting you on Byetta? Could putting you on it when you didn't need it for diabetes cause sugar levels to look like you have it? Do they have a certain blood test for diabetes or just blood sugar levels? Just curious, I thought about asking my doc, but just wondering if it could cause something like that.

Quit this diabetes talk!! Lol. It runs deeply on both sides of my family, I've had issues with hypoglycemia for YEARS and in Sept my doc told me I was insulin resistant... I'm not really superstitious (sp?) but I'm worried ya'll will jinx me! I agree with Rhonda that some people stay away from the doc so that they can't be diagnosed. haha, that is totally ME!!

Fighting bad indigestion right now. I ate a vegetarian BBQ 'riblett' for lunch at 2pm today. I was OK until I got home from work today and decided to lay down to take a nap at 5pm. I slept for maybe 45 mins, and the whole time I tossed and turned, my whole chest is on fire. I tried drinking Water, not helping. I ate a small square of chocolate hoping it would help. I NEVER had heartburn before banding, so I don't have any antiacids or anything. From now on when I eat one of those ribletts I'm staying UPRIGHT for more than 3 hours afterwards. Ugh.

I keep thinking today is Sunday. I'm just anxious cause I'm OFF on Monday, and I need a day off. Haha.

Hope you all have a brilliant and blessed Easter.

post-44799-13813665878028_thumb.jpg

post-218832-13813136731576_thumb.gif