Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help! I've slid back into old habits

I'm new on here and not really sure how this all works but I need help. I'm 2 years post op and I've slid back into old habits. At one point I was at 179 but started to gain weight and I'm almost back to 200. It scares me! I've been through too much to go back. Emotional eating and time have been my two biggest problems. I don't know where to start to get back on track. Someone please help!

I had a gastric sleeve

Go back to the basics. Protien first, No Water for an hour after eating. No sugar or high cal drinks.< /em>

Good habits are always the best measure for making the bad ones die out. Find a way to recapture and relive/re-experience the thrill you experienced when you first started loosing weight. I believe that in many ways it comes down to the emotions we choose to embrace, which in effect, affect the outcome of our footsteps on the path of power we are on. Wishing you success, and peace, as you reclaim what is yours! You got this!

Edited by cryss

I am almost a year and a half out from banding and I got REAL comfortable this winter....after the holidays. I did great during the holidays maintaining because I was seeing family that had not seen me since last Thanksgiving. That being said, I gained, lost and gained again while cozied up in my house for the winter. We had a horrible winter here for the gulf coast and I kept myself inside. I didn't go overboard with eating but I ate what I wanted most of the time. I've found that the "bad" foods don't cause me to feel any restriction, so I over ate and worked out maybe once a week.

One morning the scale said 12 lbs up and I freaked, but it made me pay attention quick. Honestly I just went back to what works. I went back to what I did after surgery and I've already lost 10 of the 12 lbs. I plan to keep going this time as I have 20 to 30 lbs to go for my initial goal. I will make a decision once I get there, as far as, losing more or not.

I just wanted all the clothes I'd bought to fit again. They were all either getting tight or I was not able to even get them on!

Needless to say spring weather is helping and losing the 10 lbs is motivating. We all know what to do, its just hard sometimes.

we all have the tools to go back to the basics. I just wanted to share what I'm presently going through and encourage you to just keep it simple and remember you know what to do! Exercise keeps my emotions under control and staying busy with the things I enjoy.....decorating, being outdoors etc.

So, I know what that scary number looks like.....that 200....because aT 12 lbs up I was 198 lbs and it PISSED ME OFF!! :angry:

I'm going to add you, so keep in touch!