Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my surgery yesterday. I feel like death. Was feeling better until they gave me an ice cube then I started vomiting and now in pain. I called for the nurse, bit she didn't speak English so she left to get someone who does and hasn't come back yet. :-(

Thanks @wombatski :D

Lmao Leanne!! Love the happy dance xx

Is it just me or do you struggle when you eat out?? My main concern is people think I don't like their food lol having that issue now. Best eggs ever and just can't make my way through lol not even half!!!

@@wombatski Congratulations! It must feel good to be 'done' but I'm so sorry you are feeling unwell. It's been a few days now and I hope you are on the mend and your husband is being a good carer for you. All the best x

Take care wombatski xx each day will get easier trust me.

Thanks. I'm still struggling. I was done Tuesday around 2 pm. It's now Friday morning and I'm still in hospital because I haven't managed to keep an ice cube yet. This part is tougher than I thought :-(

It can be frustrating. I was in hospital for a week and didn't walk until day 4. You will get there x

I had really bad nausea and vomiting, it does get better!!

I'm in my second stall, have not lost anything in 3 weeks - is this normal?? 6/7 woks post op.

Thanks ladies. I'm looking forward to being nausea free :-( my Dr still hasn't said how much I should lose. I'm afraid to ask. I'd need to lose 70kg or more to be the right bmi. But I'd settle for 50 - 60kg. I'm worried they will give me a figure of much less than that. I know 20-30 is better than nothing. But it seems a lot to go through and still be obese after. The 'brochure' says 30kg in the first year but it doesn't mention height or start weight. What are your goals? Is it possible to lose more than 50-60% of the excess weight?

Wow there has been a few posts....sorry havent been on guys been flat out and hey @@wombatski congrats on having your surgery.....sorry you have had a rough time. Have you gotten any better as yet??

As for the amount of weight loss I guess it's a wait and see thing.

The better foods you eat well the better chances you have of losing lots of weight.....and also the fact that you have gone through surgery to help you should make you want it more as it's not an easy thing to go through and you want it to be worth it all :)

@@Pilbara Girl yes stalls are normal and especially once you start eating again.....I found that after being on fluids and puree when I started to eat again I would stall but then it will start again.

I have been through stalls since the surgery but after the stall I would seem to drop what I would have if I was losing constantly and evenly. Dont stress too much.....they are a normal part of losing weight.

@@chez What amounts can you eat??

I am trying to think how to explain the amount I can eat......probably half to 3/4 of a bread and butter plate is what I can eat.....or (and this is not a good thing to admit but here goes) I could eat most but not all of a kids meal from macky D's ....not with a burger but with a small fries and a mini chicken wrap.....I can't eat it all but I can eat most of it . I have honestly only had about 4 of these since Feb so I don't think thats too bad and the seared chicken wraps are healthy anyway.....but I do love a couple of chips only very occasionally :blush:

I refuse to deprive myself of everything and I eat good food most of the time but like the occasional treat or have the occasional lazy meal, but it's so much easier for me to control now that I just don't get very hungry anymore.

I think the best part of the surgery has been the removal of the hormone producing thingy to help stop the hunger, and of course the small stomach to help make you feel full with eating not too much at all. :D

I know what you mean about people wondering when you go out....have you told everyone or are you keeping it between close friends and family.

My family know and 3 friends know also (1 of which I wish she didn't but thats a long story haha)

I had friends over on Saturday night for dinner and they didn't know. I thought how the hell am I going to handle this but I just put some food on my plate and had a bit at a time in between going into the kitchen to finish cooking and bringing more stuff out for everyone.

Lucky it was pretty cas and all the kids (teenagers and 20 year olds but I still call em kids haha) were wandering around so it wasn't a sit down formal type of thing.....I would have had to make up something...some excuse if it was.

I am a bit nervous about going out with friends that don't know about it TBH

Being that I am still overweight I guess it's probably easy for me to just say oh no I am watching what I eat and I am only going to have a little bit. Most of them probably would be so busy talking about everything (and some busy talking about themselves) that they would't notice anyway haha :P

Ok so I have been noticing an issue from weight loss......

My skin is too big for my body.

I have such saggy skin everywhere now.

I noticed my upper arms a while ago and of course my stomach lol, but now I am noticing it everywhere.

Under my arms (where my bra goes) my thighs and just everywhere.

I started noticing this lately as I have been clothes shopping. My older clothes just swim on me so I thought I would go and grab some summer clothing and I am having trouble with my clothing because of it.

Anyone else at this point or do I just have really shitty stretched skin :(

Small price to pay though but I know I will have to look into getting surgery for it as its just so bad.

I wont bother until I reach my proper goal weight which is still another 20 or 30 kg's, but has anyone else looked into getting surgery for this done and if so what have you found out??

I am also in between sizes at the moment and finding it hard to get something to fit properly.

Size 18 in the larger sizes are a little too big but size 18 in regular sizes are all low waisted hipsters....and I ain't got that type of body :wacko:

I am only really shopping at Target, Kmart and BigW , but does anyone know of any other stores I could try to get a 16 to 18 that aren't for 16 and 18 year olds.....of course without looking like old lady clothing!!!!

I haven't seen any blogs or vlogs yet of people who have had bariatric surgery who don't have excess skin by the time they reach their goal weight.

It must be quite uncomfortable for you. :(

I like shopping at Harris Scarfe, Rivers and Best and Less. All are cheap, have decent quality and not made for tiny girls with skimpy taste. Good luck x

I'd love to know about people's insurance coverage and out of pocket expenses for the sleeve procedure. I'm not sure what to expect ..... :s

post-238803-14170946162097_thumb.jpgthis probably isn't the right place to post but like it because it's Australian. My progress photos so far, surgery was on 8 October. 96kg down to 81.1

Edited by Pilbara Girl

@@Dislexicon I think I might try all three of those....thanks for that.

It's not comfortable but it is so much better than having the weight on thats for sure.

I paid for the lapband and thats all I have had to pay....any other surgery was covered by the group of surgeons that I go to....unfortunately that has now changed but I was lucky enough to go to them before they changed that.

I was out of pocket about 5000 give or take...I honestly can't remember.

I think that the sleeve was about 6 or 7,000 out of pocket with them but not 100% sure.

I know all surgeons are different and I know that the group I went through have fabulous aftercare so I guess thats why they cost a little more than some, but to me it was worth it for sure!!!!

@@Pilbara Girl I know that this is a meeting page but it seems to be the only Aussie Melbourne page that is still active so we all post here so your in the right place!!!

Wow look at you shrinking....I love the before and after shots.

I might have to do that so I can try and see what I have lost.

I know I have lost 50kg's but when I look in the mirror I can't see it....and I haven't had a huge amount of comments from people either (except for some of my family that knows) so I guess it's all still sinking in and hard for me to believe and to see it in myself

I still have a fair way to go but maybe getting some old photo's out will help me to see where I have come from :)