Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey Leanne no need to apologise xx I hope you are doing. I feel better with the gas. Had issues passing it yesterday and my mum is getting be degas.

I'm on Panadol, endone and Somac. The Somac is to protect my stomach. I can't have nutofen coz I get a little reflux and it's bad for it. I'm coping ok and am on free fluids. My awesome sister made me pumpkin Soup. Best Soup I've ever had! Mums going to make me soup tonight. ???? I went for my first walk outside today. Probably about 400 metres but it's a start. After I took 1 endone. Trying to limit the amount I take.

I'm coping really well and haven't once doubted my choice.

How are you going with everything??

Im so happy for you

Yeah I had trouble with nurofen so the nurses told me to take advil as it's a lot gentler on the stomach but if your not aloud to take nurofen I would ask first as it's very similar.

I too am on a reflux tablet but Im on nexium, I am still on it and they said for around 6 months maybe more. Sometimes people can come off it sometimes not but it's a small price to pay for the sleeve I think.

With the degas it's so gentle and you will find that it may make you burp or fart lol, but it may not and somehow it still helps....I swear by the stuff ;)

Well done on your walk....thats a big walk WOW....You haven't even been sleeved a week yet!

A week Tomorrow yay....worst part over and done with now :)

I went for a walk yesterday for about an hour and thats the longest I have done yet and I took a break in between and I am 4 months out....think I am slow compared to some but I am doing what my body lets me do and I am losing weight so its all good

Isn't it so good when you first have soup......ohhh it tastes soooo gooooood :D

PS Just sent you a PM :)

How are you going with your fluids??

Edited by steveelea

I didn't get the PM. I wonder if it's coz I just have the app on my phone. Hmm I'll keep searching.

The degas has made me feel a bit better but still full of gas. I'll have another one before bed.

I'm pretty tired today. Because of where my biggest cut is I have to have a combine. My sister who's a nurse redid it. Showering is hard I want to wash my hair. I might try do it tomorrow I'm just worried about wetting my cuts even though they have waterproof dressing on them. My back gets sore too. I'm still feeling positive I just find it hard to ask for help and feeling a bit venerable.

Hey Chez, what's a combine??

I know that the biggest cut is the one that is sore for the longest :(

I can understand you feeling vulnerable it's a very emotional time.

Not only the operation but the anisthetic is hard to recover from. It made me very emotional too.

I have the app for this on my phone which I went in to have a look at where the pm would be.

If you look at conversations you should see a message there from me up the top????

Let me know how u go. Xox

The conversations tag is down the bottom of the app when you are in the main part

True. Thanks.

I checked the conversations and nothings there. Hmmmmm. I'll try on you. Weird.

The combine is to support the big cut. It's like a bandage. The big cut is in my upper fat roll so it needs a little support. Once it heals it should be ok.

How long were you sore for?

Oh I feel your pain you poor thing.
Probably was sore for about 2 weeks but got soooo much better wen I got my staples out. Do u have staples in or stitches??

Edited by steveelea

Just added you.

I didn't have staples I have internal stitches and surgical glue at the site. Nothing at the drain site.

I'm feeling good considering. I'm out of the house so I feel better. I'm also finally wearing a bra and undies lol TMI.

One day at a time. How are you feeling??

Yeah I'm good thanks and surgical glue would be so much better than having stitches removed

So I guess about 2 weeks till it feels a lot better???

I know that the biggest one is the worst one out of the lot because thats where they pull the excess stomach from and with me they said that they stitched the stomach muscles to the stomach to stop from getting a hernia later on so again thats why its most sore one.

Mine was ok after a couple of weeks but I still felt twinges and little pulling pains now and then till about 2 months after......not really bad just annoying but I do swell a lot so could have been just me.

Believe me you will feel better every day :D

Oh and I LOVE it when you can wear a bra again.....it's such a great feeling haha

:)

Edited by steveelea

Hey guys!

How was ur long weekend?

Chez ur doing so good babe! Keep up the great work! Walking is great I found it helped with the gas pains. I'm about 6 weeks out I think? Anyway today that mine site is killing me! I'm in so much pain like I just got sleeved dunno why lol so was thinking of going to the gym this week but now I'm not so sure...

So Leanne! Look at u girl! Ur doing a great job! 4months out? Good on u! Wow I didn't know that u couldn't join the gym just yet...I wonder what I should do now.... I kinda regret selling my treadmill now lol! Oh well maybe I could just swim? My arms are starting to get jiggly now hahaha Leanne how r u with loose skin babe?

How's everyone else going?

Reading all the comments just makes me super excited! What's 2-3 weeks of pain compared to a lifetime of being uncomfortable and ashamed of our own bodies?

I keep looking at the calendar everyday counting the days.. It's seems so close but so far at the same time. It's a about a month until my preop so putting it that way revs me up haha!

I'm eating so much more healthier, going shopping with my boyfriend we'd usually grab chips and munchies, I went to fruit and veg and he went to confectionary, I haven't even stolen one chip!

The scales are slowly going down now, it's something that hasn't happened in a long time so I'm feeling good about myself. I can't really see it in the mirror but I can feel it and my boyfriend said he could feel that I'm smaller, not even 10kgs lost and there's a difference haha :)

We are gonna kick 2014s ass!

Hi All.....How was everyone's long weekend??

Short week this week YAY

We got heaps done around the house and got a skip in to remove the old shed so at least we did something productive but I would have rather been out on the boat LOL

Still got a lot to do but it's great when you can start to see progress.....helps to keep you motivated ;)

@@nerms You Go Girl we sure are gonna kick 2014's ass!!!!!!

Not long to go now the time will fly by....and as for the pain...yes is uncomfortable but they have pain relief for that so my advice is USE IT....dont be shy in asking for it.

My preadmin nurse said to me......if you are in pain, you shouldn't be. They have meds for that so if you are then tell them and they will fix it.....so true and I did this time and it all helped.

Mind you I did have an idea of what to expect having had the band before and many operations after that to correct things so I think that all helped me to know what to expect and I must say I was pleasantly surprised!

Yeah it's not all rainbows and lollipops, but its a small price to pay for what you get in return I think anyway :D

@@Bee I hear ya about the arms......them and the boobs haha.

I have never lost weight in my boobs....haev always been big busted but now I feel like they are used tea bags :rolleyes:

Once I lose all my weight gonna have to get that fixed LOL

Yeah got tuck shop lady arms happening so will just do some light weights but hey, I am 41, have had 3 kids by c section and breast fed them all so saggy skin is a part of life for me I'm afraid.......sorry peeps for the tmi :P

About the pain in your largest wound.....I was told that I would have pain in that for the longest and when I did too much I felt it there thats for sure.

They told me that my stomach muscles were stitched to my stomach to prevent a hernia in the site....apparently its what they do at lap surgery......so they told me I will feel twinges and times of it being uncomfortable for some time....(from memory 6 to 8 weeks but you could have to check with the nurse)

Just be careful about putting too much strain on it, you don't want to end up with problems.

If you are concerned about the pain just call them they will talk to you about it.

I know I am a lot more paranoid than most because of my weight loss surgery history, but nothing is worth stuffing it up believe me.

I didn't ask about swimming and I love to swim....should have asked.

I just know Ray said walking, gentle cycling and light weights sometimes but most important to just keep active.

He said at this stage exercise wont add a lot to the weight loss (????) it will just help with fitness.

I guess the insides take longer to heal even though I feel like I haven't had anything done at all now.

I got a bed frame from ikea a while ago and it's been giving me grief(slats falling through all the time) so I decided to toss it a few weeks ago and just have my mattress on the floor.

Do you think this will be an issue after surgery? Should I buy a blow up mattress to put on top of my mattress so that there's a bit more height? I'd buy a new bed frame but can't really afford it(so not buying another $100 bodgo frame). A $30 blow up mattress from big w wouldn't hurt the wallet too much.