Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey there,

Leanne I'm doing really well. 5 shakes to go lol. But I'm just taking it as it comes. To be honest I'm surprised at how well I'm doing. A few years ago I'd be an emotional wreck. But all good to go. Hospital bag packed, just bag to pack fur my stay at mums and I'm on my way :))

Hope you are all well. I might not be on before so if I'm not, thanks for all your support and I'll see you on the sleeved side ;) x

5.5kg lost in my first week to get down to 92 from 99, so that makes me 93.5! I don't need to worry at all now, 8 and a half weeks to go woohoo :)

Hey there, Leanne I'm doing really well. 5 shakes to go lol. But I'm just taking it as it comes. To be honest I'm surprised at how well I'm doing. A few years ago I'd be an emotional wreck. But all good to go. Hospital bag packed, just bag to pack fur my stay at mums and I'm on my way :)) Hope you are all well. I might not be on before so if I'm not, thanks for all your support and I'll see you on the sleeved side ;) x

Good luck chez will be thinking of you ????????

Hey there,

Leanne I'm doing really well. 5 shakes to go lol. But I'm just taking it as it comes. To be honest I'm surprised at how well I'm doing. A few years ago I'd be an emotional wreck. But all good to go. Hospital bag packed, just bag to pack fur my stay at mums and I'm on my way :))

Hope you are all well. I might not be on before so if I'm not, thanks for all your support and I'll see you on the sleeved side ;) x

Thinking of you Today Chez....I bet you are now in recovery and relaxing with all that pain medication they give you.

Can't wait to hear all about it.

Just remember when you get to drink teeny tiny fairy sips....sending BIG HUGZ :)

Nerms......ts horrible that your BF's Family are rude to you too...get him to tell them that it offends both of you and see if they stop.

5.5kg lost in my first week to get down to 92 from 99, so that makes me 93.5! I don't need to worry at all now, 8 and a half weeks to go woohoo

Some people have no clue.

So pleased for you with your weight loss....way to go you have lost heaps already!!!!

You Go Girl :D

Edited by steveelea

How is everyone on this rainy Melbourne morning??

I have my 4 month check up later this week with my surgeon so I am looking forward to that to see how I have been progressing and hope to get the all clear for the gym so I can start to build up to some intense workouts to help get the weight loss moving.

What sort of exercise have you been doing??

Would love to get some ideas to change things up a bit

Also..... thinking of you Chez and sending hugs and healing vibes your way :)

Hey guys I'm out. Just had my barium swallow...yuck! Waiting on results. I've had issues with breathing and spent last night in ICU. Because of that I haven't been walking but hoping I get my drain out and will be walking in no time.

Thanks for all your support xxx

@@Chez I don't want to ask what a Barium swallow is, sounds unpleasant. Glad you're doing ok though. Are you still in ICU? thinking of you! Cath

@@Chez hope all is well, and that your recovery is speedy!

@@steveelea I've only been doing steps on my wii board with wii fit, it's nothing strenuous but seems to be working for me. I don't want a gym membership until after surgery, it just seems more convenient money wise.

When I go to the gym it's usually treadmill for about an hour on random hill settings(when I'm fit enough) followed by weights. I've never had the confidence to go to classes because of my weight, they've always seemed like such fun. I've always wanted to do a cycle class! I'm sure I'll be doing them in the near future :)

I've been walking a lot more, and faster too! I feel like for some reason I can breathe more clearly..(I've never had breathing problems, or so I thought) It's only 6kgs gone so it's a really weird feeling, not that I'm complaining! I'm feeling happy over all, under 2 months to go so I'm just more and more excited as the days go by :)

Hey lovely people! How r u all going?

Nerms sorry to hear about ur bitchy neighbour people are just jealous and god knows what's going on in her life that she needs to make u feel bad to make herself feel better! Well done on ur weight loss ur doing a great job!

Mick well done on ur progress that's amazing! Not long now!

Chez congratulations beautiful u did it I hope ur feeling better really soon!

Leanne well done! We r the same weight well I'm due to be weighed 2mrw hopefully I'm down tbh I haven't been exercising much we went aquarium on Sunday walked heaps Saturday helped at my bros pizza shop and during the week I might walk or do treadmill my arms need work lol I might take some dumb bells to work lol can't wait to join the gym I wanna do yoga body pump swimming and cross fit seems to be the crazy new rage lol

I had an appointment on wed but I had to postpone cause I'm crazy busy oh well!

Hope everyone is doing well!!!!!

Ps- I read somewhere that sweat is fat crying :)

Hey guys. I'm really dehydrated ATM. Waiting for my surgeon to get my drain tube out. Haven't been walking yet :( I'm sure I will today. Still on oxygen. Bit of gas pain.

I'll give you an update tonight. I'm ok just not where I wanted to be at this stage. Bloody oxygen lol who needs it anyways lol

Hey Chez....so sorry to hear that your on oxygen still.

I was too but I was with each surgery but I was like you are when I got my lap band.

I think it's from all of the swelling and they kept telling me to breath deeper but it was hard to.

Don't worry about being up and walking it will come.

I was only shuffling around when I say I was up and walking anyway.

This is the time you get to take it easy and there is no rush.

Everyone recovers at their own pace and you my dear just need to focus on feeling better.

When you body is ready you will be able to get up and walk around.

Remember it is major surgery you have just been through and you need to listen to your body

It took me several days to get up and walk after my lap band and I also had the oxygen but the lady in the bed next to me looked like she hadn't even had surgery she will up showering walking around and drinking away and I couldn't.

I was different with the sleeve but my body (and my stomach in particular) had been through 6 surgeries by then so it was used to it.

The first is the worst and everyone is different.

Take your time and relax and let them look after you and take it easy.

It's all done now and you just need to recover....You will be up and about before you know it ;)

Take it easy Chez and let everyone wait on you for a change and enjoy not having to do everything :D

OH PS: "De Gas" which you can get from the chemist or most supermarkets is fantastic for Gas Pain....Ask the nurses for it they should give it to you.....I lived on that stuff and it really helped me with that awful gas pain.

Edited by steveelea

@@Cath I didn't have a barium swallow so I can't help you with that....not all surgeons do that but some do.

I think it shows if there is a leak or not.

They just get you to drink a milky coloured liquid and then I think they xray or scan you to make sure there is no leaks.

@@nerms Thats great you have been doing steps on your Wii Fit....I love that I have one too.

I know how you feel about being to scared to do classes.....I am the same.

I am like that with gym in general.

I really love to swim too but get too embarrassed to because of my weight

I will they had a gym for overweight people haha...I would go to that one

@@Bee Where are you getting weighed?? I have an appointment tomorrow for my 4 month check up.....I hope I have been losing enough :unsure:

Love that Sweat is Fat Crying haha Suffer Fat :P LMAO :lol:

Edited by steveelea

Thanks Leanne I really needed to hear that. Xx