Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am two weeks post op today and just weighed for the week. I lost 5 pounds this week. It's not the 10.2 pounds I lost in week one but I will take it. I am super excited because I went back to work today and when I put my nurse uniform on this morning and felt and saw how much room I have in the butt and thighs of my pants.......all smiles here! :D

I have to say though I am still not able to get all 64 oz of Water in each day. I am lucky to get 24oz. I don't feel dehydrated and urinating well, so I haven't worried to much on it. Just trying to increase it everyday. One thing I'm worried about is getting all my Protein in. They said 60 g a day but I can't figure it out. I can only eat 4 oz, 3 times a day. They won't me to stop Protein Shakes in place of a meal now that I am on pureed/mechanical soft foods. I wasn't getting much with them at only 4 oz but it was better than nothing. Any ideas?

Two weeks is still very early to settle into much of a routine or make defined efforts to reach any daily nutritional demands. Do what you can with the liquids and the Protein now until you move on to the soft, then solid foods. Then step up your game and get that liquid in (it will be tougher for liquid then too) and the Protein.

I would care less about what "they" won't let you do and more about what you need to do. I'm four months out and do shakes every day. I throw protein supplements (bars & drinks) into my daily whenever I feel I need to kick it up some. Real life demands and time constraints sometimes just don't allow for tediously planned out high protein meals.

Do what ya gotta do, but get it in.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches