Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got my clearance from the cardiologist yesterday and today surgery was scheduled for July 1. It's been 11 weeks since I started this process and looking at about 10 more. This doesn't make me happy when I quickly scheduled every single thing I had to do sometimes two appointments in one day! My insurance approved surgery in mid March and I sure never thought it would be July before surgery would happen.

Anyone else getting such late dates? Now wondering why I gave up so many of my favorite things to eat in February when I still had 20 weeks to do whatever I wanted. Ooooh, I guess this has gotten really whinny, but who else but you guys can I whine to?

Thanks for listening.

Hi, my first app was in January, my insurance approved my surgery in March then I had to do a sleep study, get a CPAP mask and do 200 hours... Did all that, today I was told my surgery will be in July because I have to be 6 weeks smoke free... NOBODY told me I had to quite smoking before they will schedule, they only said I should not that I have to! I'm so mad! At least we both are looking at July.

Four months to nine months to go through the process is the normal...and yes, no smoking...I hear my surgeon gives a nicotine test and if you fail, no surgery

Hi....I started this journey about a month ago. I am self pay and was just told that the soonest date for surgery would be the first part of July. Pretty disappointed. I guess I just don't understand why it takes that long.

So, I actually had my date for April 21st and I canceled and backed out three days before surgery!! So upset....when I rescheduled I got July 9th...So, it's another waiting game. I began this process December 30th...and got the April date. So mine was only 4 months which I am told is not bad at all with all the tests required. Luckily, my insurance doesn't require any waiting...I got approved on my first appointment.

It's now the waiting game that SUCKS. I screwed myself so bad. I keep thinking, I would be a week POST OP already...Shame on me....

But I hope we all get through ok! Would love to get to know everyone better! You guys are my sleeve sisters!

You guys are my sleeve sisters!

Glad to have you as a "sleeve sister"! Everything happens for a reason. Must be you weren't quite ready, now you know you have no doubt and will work hard to get what you want!

I was really irate initially, I thought it was something that would happen quickly after I had done all the prep work and to find out it was going to be another 2+ months just had me in tears. But then again everything seems to have me in tears these days.

So after some thought, I decided I'd use this time to my advantage and get the knee replacement I need done instead and then it would be easier to walk and get some well needed exercise. HA, the knee surgeon wants me to lose weight before they do the replacement of my knees! Of course ... and the bariatric surgeon would like the knees done so I can exercise. Both want the best results for their surgeries.

On the upside, the orthopedic surgeon is starting injections this week (for 3 weeks in a row) and with any luck, in 8 weeks my knees will be feeling much better in time to be working on my pre op diet!

Hi all. Thought I would introduce myself so we can keep tabs on each other. Hope we can all get to know each other and provide support on this journey!!

My name is Sabrine and I am 36 yrs old. I am married for six years now. I've been having weight issues all of my life. Highest weight ever in high school was 374 pounds. Then I lost 200 pounds using ephedra. Once they yanked that off the shelves I slowly gained most of the weight back. Starting this journey December 30, 2013 my weight was 326 pounds. Began going to all of my doctors appointments and my preoperative tests. And I made my own personal lifestyle changes in preparation for the sleeve. Current weight is 269 pounds. My original date was April 21, 2014. I chickened out and canceled three days before surgery. Big mistake. I called and rescheduled for July 9th. Luckily all my tests are still valid and now I just have to wait the 10 weeks!! My husband is against it but he has been supporting me by changing his eating habits as well and he even lost 35 pounds! My sisters and my mother are not supportive and are against this whole thing...part of the reason I canceled the first time!! But not again!! I'm nervous, scared, and excited. I have two amazing kids Jackson is four and Olivia is 15. Okay. Now it's somebody else's turn. What's your story???

My name is Susan and I live Michigan. I'm 58 years old and have been married for 28 years. I have battled my weight since ... my first diet was in 6th grade at 11 years old. I keep my weight at a steady 225 until I met and married my husband. He shared my love for food and we both gained about 100 pounds the first couple years of marriage. My highest weight was 405 and I don't even know how I moved at that weight. I lost about 80 pounds after using a CPAP and kept that off for about 7 or 8 years. Then I quit smoking November 2013 and quickly gained 30 pounds, I have dropped 15 in January-February and haven't been able to get rid of another one since.

WLS has been on my mind for the last 10 years, when I had some heart issues last year and the cardiologist said if I didn't quit smoking, walk at least 90 minutes (preferable 3 hours) a day and lost a significant amount of weight, I would live about 8 years. That was last March! I wasted one of those 8 years and am now moving on this! The cardiologist did add that he had NEVER had a patient do what he recommended and succeed at it.

We went away for a long week end in February and between the severe osteoarthritis in my knees and my weight, we couldn't do any of the things I had planned before we left. I came back and called the bariatric surgeon and made my appointment for the next week. I have been approved for surgery by the new cardiologist and am now scheduled for July 1!

Sabrine, I almost forgot Congratulations on your weight loss ... that's incredible!!!!

Hey Susan. Congrats to you! You've quit smoking! That is so hard to do...I was a smoker for 20 yrs until I found out I was pregnant. That was 2009. I haven't smoked since. And only gaining 30 pounds is commendable. I gained 90!! Just another excuse for me to eat...

I've been losing weight so I can see if I can maintain after surgery. The things you need to give up is huge. And if I can't do it before wls then I couldn't trust myself to go through with it. That was one reason i canceled. Everyone was telling me if I can lose weight naturally why do it....but I know me. Working toward surgery is one thing. I need this tool to succeed long term. On my own this would just be another failed attempt.

So yours is on the first of July!! So exciting. You gotta make sure to let us know how you're doing. But that's 9 weeks away. For now, where are you on your tests?

Sabrine, thanks so much for the kind words. I think I could have easily gained 100 pounds, except my knees wouldn't have held me at that point and I would have really been a mess then!

There are so many people I see on here that have so little control, to meet someone who has so much is really refreshing! You are working so hard, it'll be a much easier transition for you than most when it comes to control!

All my tests are done, I have about one more session of therapy and I think I got it part finished, there is nothing undone. I have had the sleep study, stress test, echocardiograms, blood work (although there will be more at the two week before timeline), psych eval (with some therapy following). Everything was done before they would give me a date. So now I have six and a half weeks to hold my own, continue to striving to exceed the 64 oz. of Water I drink per day right now, wean myself off caffeine, do smaller meals, and hopefully the knee shots that start tomorrow will work and get some exercise in before surgery. Then the two week pre-op diet and onward. What are your plans for the next 10 weeks?

It looks like I finally get to meet with the surgeon on July 1st. The nurse said July 14th for the surgery date if that works for me. I had lost 5 pounds at my last visit and they want me to lose 5 more before surgery. I'm a little disappointed that my date is later but....it is what it is! I have the same fears. What happens if it doesn't work for me. I hope we get a great support group going here. Any other July sleevers out there?

Hi Sleeve Sisters!

I'm Karen and I'm 43 and live in Asheville, NC. I was a thin, competitive athlete and had a consistent weight of 130-135 throughout my 20s. Then I had my first child 10 years ago and my second 7 1/2 years ago and gained 70lbs with each one and despite spinning 5x week throughout and after my pregnancies I wasn't able to get below 180. 2 1/2 years ago I decided to go on the 500 calorie a day phentermine and HCG diet for a year and got down to 155. In the two years I've been off of that I gained 110 lbs, partly because the phentermine permanently damaged my adrenal glands causing my basal metabolic rate to be 1/2 of what it should be (and causing massive fatigue issues making exercise nearly impossible). If I don't eat under 1,200 calories a day for the rest of my life I'll never lose this weight. I'm really excited to have the surgery and get back to the real me and getting fit again. I'm scheduled for July 1st. I'm really worried about the 2 week liquid diet, though.

Sabrine, thanks so much for the kind words. I think I could have easily gained 100 pounds, except my knees wouldn't have held me at that point and I would have really been a mess then! There are so many people I see on here that have so little control, to meet someone who has so much is really refreshing! You are working so hard, it'll be a much easier transition for you than most when it comes to control! All my tests are done, I have about one more session of therapy and I think I got it part finished, there is nothing undone. I have had the sleep study, stress test, echocardiograms, blood work (although there will be more at the two week before timeline), psych eval (with some therapy following). Everything was done before they would give me a date. So now I have six and a half weeks to hold my own, continue to striving to exceed the 64 oz. of Water I drink per day right now, wean myself off caffeine, do smaller meals, and hopefully the knee shots that start tomorrow will work and get some exercise in before surgery. Then the two week pre-op diet and onward. What are your plans for the next 10 weeks?

Hey Susan. So sorry for the late response. I didn't see your reply!! I can tell summer is here bc I've broken out the blender and got some tan lines! I've been fighting the same 5 pounds fie the last month. I get down to 260 by Friday. Then we have piña coladas and sausage patties all weekend and in back to 265 by Monday. Work my ass off all week only to repeat the ritual. But knowing that after 3 weeks I start my preop I am not going to beat myself up about it. I've lost 65 pounds thus far I am going to allow myself the three weeks of summer darn it! That's my plans for the remainder. Since I've already done this, I already know how my preop goes. Sooo important to pick a shake you like. My fav is EAS carb control. Got my Soups already. Just playing the waiting game which stinks. I keep thinking if I hadn't canceled the first time I'd be 6 weeks out by now. My own fault. So in the meantime we all can keep each other company!! Anyone plan on attending the new charter meetings the site is promoting?