Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scared..Surgery in less than two weeks

I have had those back and forth thoughts since I got approved last week. Eating is entertaining and how I spend time with friends. I Also really like pastries

I start my two week pre-op diet tomorrow and am feeling the same way. Can I do this? Should I do this? Now that I have a date I have told more people. I am blessed that everyone has been so supportive and encouraging. I only had one friend who tried to convince me to do Weight Watchers instead. I am prepared for the emotional roller coaster this will bring but I know in the end it will be worth it. Good luck to everyone on their journey!

How are you fellow sleevers doing today? I am also having surgery on the 6th and my stomache has spams so bad I am gagging. I have had no energy today and felt like a wet kitten. I still have not put one unauthourised thing in my mouth. Please tell me this part will get easier

How are you fellow sleevers doing today? I am also having surgery on the 6th and my stomache has spams so bad I am gagging. I have had no energy today and felt like a wet kitten. I still have not put one unauthourised thing in my mouth. Please tell me this part will get easier

good for you. I would like to say that I have been perfect but it would be a lie, but i have been close. All I can say is ONE DAY AT A TIME! It does get a little easier. Good luck to us all.

These feelings are all normal. I am 3 weeks out have lost 22 Pds and starting to feel better. You will miss food at first as everything is liquid but by week 2 it starts to get better. Keep yourself busy and drink your Protein. Everyday gets a little easier. Good luck

I had two string cheese sticks last night for dinner instead of my Protein shake. It was my sixth day on the pre-op diet and I just needed to chew something so badly. Felt so good, but I got it out of my system and am back on track. Seven more days to go and I can't guarantee I won't do it again, but for 99% of the time I'm getting through it. I try to keep busy doing other things too. Never realized how much time I wasted thinking about food or eating.

Good Morning fellow May 6'ers....Hoping week 2 of your liquid diet is going well. Just over a week to go.........Can't say I am still not having second thoughts, but I am hoping all will work itself out this week. Just want the surgery over with so I can start the post-op diet, which I have a feeling is going to be harder than the pre-op diet. I have all my paperwork, and just find it so overwhelming. I hope once I have the surgery and have to start, all will make sense.

Be well my new friends and be sure to keep in touch.

Kelly

Good morning- i'm also a May 6 sleever! I'm with you Kelly about just being ready to get surgery done and move on to post op. It will be here before we know it.

Kelly-I know several people who have had the surgery, one being my sister, that go to buffets alot and eat everything they like, just small amounts of it, so i think you will enjoy an Atlantic city buffet again. When you think about it, we just eat until we are stuffed at a buffet anyway-that won't change, we will just be stuffed sooner!

So what's everyone stocking for their post op Protein?

Just curious did anyone else's doctor say to use lactose free products for the first couple weeks?

I have my Premier Protein shakes, although I heard the first couple of days or so, they might be too thick, so might need to thin them out. I also have packets of nectar Protein that I can make as shakes/drinks.

My doctor didn't say anything about lactose free, although your doctor might be looking out for gas issues, as lactose can cause extra gas.

I still have a couple more weeks to go before my surgery. So, I've been stock piling various flavors of Isopure powders and Isopure Waters. I have been using the unflavored Protein powder in broths which the taste has been surprisingly hidden well. Their grape flavored Water chilled or frozen has been my favorite so far. And, their vanilla and chocolate flavored powders in Water mixed with a sprinkle of Splenda frozen has been my savoir for curving my desire to chew.

Anyone else care to share their favorite? :rolleyes:

Good luck to all of us May sleeves . I need to be at the hospital at 5:30 am. I'm starting to feel peace about this.

Wishing all early May Sleevers the best! Give us an update on your recoveries and progresses when you can... :)

Hey I am also new I al having my surgery may 27th. Any advice to calm my nerves ??

NJKelly

You are having all the normal feelings and emotions we all go thru just before our surgery day. I am almost 3 weeks postop and I can tell you this was the best decision I made for my health. Yes the first week is the toughest, yes you will have head hunger but it will pass cause your going to feel full and satisfied with everything you drink or eat. Trust me once you start seeing those pounds drop on the scale is going be the best feeling in the world!

Just remember each day gets better and easier. Follow your Dr's and Nut's orders and you will be fine

I wish you the best on your journey!